PDA

View Full Version : Kids Day

junkyarddoug
06-07-2011, 04:45 PM
I just adopted 2 boys from Ukraine and was wondering if the $1 Kids Day tickets include the lower deck. Further, if I am only buying one full price ticket, would both kids tickets be $1. I'd prefer to sit in the lower deck so just wondering if I should get my tickets in advance or chance it for the $1 tickets. I'm targeting the game against Washington.

Nelfox02
06-07-2011, 05:05 PM
$1 tickets do work for lower deck for kids on kids day----but I think you have to buy them day of game.

salty99
06-08-2011, 10:31 AM
You get one $1 ticket per full priced ticket you buy the day of game at the box office only. You can't get 2 $1 tickets for 1 regular priced one. Hope this helps!

CLUBHOUSE KID
06-08-2011, 02:38 PM
Is this new? Because I became a Sox fan due to the Kids days! I recall you can but as many $1 as you want if their is one adult (i.e. a dad buys a full price and then buys 3 kids tickets for $1/each). This was ~10 years ago though.

And you have to do this day of the game.

DumpJerry
06-08-2011, 03:03 PM
312-674-1000.

Or you can rely on speculations of people who don't work for the White Sox.

bruno1445
06-08-2011, 03:04 PM
For what its worth, I've gone to Kids' Days each of the last 3 or 4 years. If you want to sit in the lowers, you should be prepared to get there fairly close to when the box office opens, as those seats can fill up fast for Kids' Days. Moreover, they have always allowed me to get as many $1 kids' tickets as I like, as long as there was one full-paying adult. For example, I've taken three of my kids and I have bought only one full-price ticket, but they have sold me three $1 tickets for the kids. We have done this with larger groups as well (buying roughly 15 adult tickets and getting about 25 $1 kids' tickets). I'm not sure that is official policy, but that's how the box office workers have hanlded it in practice.

I agree, though, your best bet is to call the box office directly and ask.

salty99
06-08-2011, 03:48 PM
Ok that's good to know that you can get more than one kids day ticket for a dollar. I might have to try it if I decide to bring my youngest son to a game. It would be worth it to just to get another seat for a buck even if he does get in free anyway.

Lamp81
06-23-2011, 11:13 PM
Question 1, when does the Box Office open?

Question 2, if buying Upper Deck seats, will the kids be able to get to the lower areas for autographs and running the bases?

CLUBHOUSE KID
06-24-2011, 12:02 AM
Question 1, when does the Box Office open?

Question 2, if buying Upper Deck seats, will the kids be able to get to the lower areas for autographs and running the bases?

On a day game, 9am I believe.

Yes. I was at a game years ago where I got autographs and my seats were all the way up in 506!

bigsoxfan420
06-24-2011, 09:51 AM
I just adopted 2 boys from Ukraine and was wondering if the $1 Kids Day tickets include the lower deck. Further, if I am only buying one full price ticket, would both kids tickets be $1. I'd prefer to sit in the lower deck so just wondering if I should get my tickets in advance or chance it for the $1 tickets. I'm targeting the game against Washington.

In my view you are an angel and should get in for free! Anyone who takes care of unwanted/abandoned children gets an A++++++++++++++ in my book.

junkyarddoug
06-24-2011, 02:43 PM
In my view you are an angel and should get in for free! Anyone who takes care of unwanted/abandoned children gets an A++++++++++++++ in my book.

Much appreciated, but I don't see myself as an angel. The boys will do as much for us as we will do for them. Before the adoption we had 2 girls at home and we always wanted boys, so while saving 2 lives we also got something we always wanted as well. Oh, I signed them up for the kids club and they love their tatoos. We'll be using the free UD ticket coupons on July 6th. I'll have to rough it in the upper deck but it will all be worth it to see their faces when we walk in the park. I hope they like churros. :D: