PDA

View Full Version : Don't look now

Moses_Scurry
06-06-2011, 08:55 PM
The Twinkies are leading the tribe 6-3. If they hold on, it will be their 5th win in a row. If the Sox are not out of it, then the Twins aren't out of it either. If they run off a twelve game winning streak and get back into contention while missing Joe Mauer, I will throw up ... violently.

Edit: the smiley face in the heading was accidental. I don't know how to get rid of it.

JB98
06-06-2011, 09:08 PM
Even with a win tonight, they are still 15 below .500. Not even close to contention.

DumpJerry
06-06-2011, 09:41 PM
Rather have the Twins beat the Tribe tonight than the other way around.

If just win our games (I know, a huge challenge), then the Twins can go piss in a creek for all I care.

ChicagoG19
06-06-2011, 10:19 PM
One of my my friends asked me about two weeks ago if I was still worried about the Twins when they were 16.5 games back or something like that.

My reply: "**** yeah I am still afraid of the Twins." They seem to always go on a tear at some point of the season.

DumpJerry
06-06-2011, 10:24 PM
Tonight, one of my Minny Facebook friends asked me if I'm getting nervous about the Twins.

I told him that the Twins are so far underwater, sunlight does not reach them. He said that there are bubbles rising showing some life. I said there are no bubbles. He then realized I was right.

asindc
06-06-2011, 10:51 PM
**** that. I'm looking now, tomorrow, the next day... **** 'em, we'll take 'em

NLaloosh
06-06-2011, 11:13 PM
The Twins are capable of finishing 60 -0 because they are the Twins!

tstrike2000
06-06-2011, 11:47 PM

They're gonna have to have a healthy M&M boys and somehow replace Crain and Guerrier to even have a pulse.

Zisk77
06-06-2011, 11:58 PM

... and then getting swept out of the playoffs by the yankees.

Soxman219
06-07-2011, 12:14 AM
... and then getting swept out of the playoffs by the yankees.

Exactly.

sunofgold
06-07-2011, 12:20 AM
Anything is possible. I don't count the Twins out yet. They definitely have to play at a torrid pace. But if they can get to .500 they are probably back in the race.

Even if they aren't in the race, we still have to play them and need to win series against them. They affect the race. Hopefully, they beat Det and Cle most of the time and lose to us and KC most of the time.

Foulke You
06-07-2011, 01:26 AM
The Twins would have to get beyond scalding hot to get back in this thing. Can it be done? Yeah, but it is highly unlikely. Also, I just don't see enough of a bullpen there for the Twins to win this year. Their pen has been 2007 Sox-esque as they lead the AL in blown leads. This is not a recipe for a team that is poised to make a big comeback. Twins lost Guerrier, Rauch, Crain, and Mahay from last year's squad and have struggled to replace the innings they covered. Throw in their offensive struggles too and it just doesn't seem likely they will play the .700+ ball they need the rest of the way.

DumpJerry
06-07-2011, 08:09 AM
If you believe the Twins can get back in this thing in 2011, then the White Sox are a lock for the World Series.

Moses_Scurry
06-07-2011, 09:16 AM
My feeling is that if I think the Sox can get back into it, then the twins can also get back into it. They're only 5.5 games behind the Sox with the same weak-ass division as the Sox. The Sox were 11 games out not that long ago. There's no reason the twins can't cut the lead to 6 games just like the Sox did. Then there's plenty of time left. If a team is 6 out at all-star break, there is plenty of time to make up 6 games before the end of the season. There is plenty of time for the twins to cut the lead to 6 by all-star break.

Hopefully, they'll lose their next 5 in a row and be right back where they started. Every team in the division is capable of ripping of a 6-7 game losing streak. If one team (whoever that team is) has a 6-7 game winning streak, they will make up a lot of ground quickly.

PKalltheway
06-07-2011, 09:43 AM
Minnesota clawing their way back into contention isn't impossible, but it's highly improbable. Even though they are 11.5 back, they are still 15 games below .500. I never believed that this was a last-place team even at their worst point this year, but they've dug themselves a hole too deep for them to climb out. Plus, they better fix that sorry bullpen if they even want to have a shot, anyway.

I can see them easily getting out of the AL Central basement, and possibly making a run at third-place before the season is over. However, I think their chances of finishing in second or first are toast this year.

hawkjt
06-07-2011, 10:09 AM
I hope they beat the Tribe two more,then Texas comes to town for 4,and the Rangers give them a beatdown.

Chez
06-07-2011, 10:53 AM
I'm in the camp that believes the Twins are Zombies. They are far from dead.

06-07-2011, 11:34 AM
Make no mistake - the Twins do all the little things.

Rocky Soprano
06-07-2011, 12:04 PM
Make no mistake - the Twins do all the little things.

Like being perpetual losers?

sunofgold
06-12-2011, 07:40 PM
Better take them seriously especially since we play them next. Even though they are in last, I seriously could see them contending for this division by the end of the season.

White Sox could help push them back by winning series against them. Starting with this one.