PDA

View Full Version : Back to the drawing boards for the Triangle Building

doublem23
06-06-2011, 02:09 PM
http://www.suntimes.com/news/5756907-417/cubs-take-new-swing-at-long-stalled-triangle-building.html

Fenway
06-06-2011, 04:03 PM
Tom needs the park to burn/fall down

Red Barchetta
06-06-2011, 05:11 PM
The ice rink would be nice for the off-season, however they need to make sure they utilize whatever limited real estate they have effectively. Any major renovation of Wrigley will need the offices and other administrative functions off-site so they could gut the interior and update their clubhouses baseball-related facilities.

I think they should also get the roof-top owners to install outfield lights, aka Camden Yards, so that the ball can be seen better by the outfielders.

WhiteSox5187
06-06-2011, 05:34 PM
Tom needs the park to burn/fall down

It very well may during the next big storm to hit.

DSpivack
06-06-2011, 06:14 PM
The ice rink would be nice for the off-season, however they need to make sure they utilize whatever limited real estate they have effectively. Any major renovation of Wrigley will need the offices and other administrative functions off-site so they could gut the interior and update their clubhouses baseball-related facilities.

I think they should also get the roof-top owners to install outfield lights, aka Camden Yards, so that the ball can be seen better by the outfielders.

I believe the warehouse is owned by the team, not quite the same. Hard to see that happening with the rooftops.

The Immigrant
06-06-2011, 11:16 PM

Half the rooftops are in bankruptcy/foreclosure and the other half are teetering on the brink. They're not putting up **** without the Cubs paying for it.

Red Barchetta
06-07-2011, 09:02 AM
Half the rooftops are in bankruptcy/foreclosure and the other half are teetering on the brink. They're not putting up **** without the Cubs paying for it.

That's what I find so funny. The rooftop owners basically enjoyed a free lunch until the Cubs/Tribune got tough and installed the tarps forcing negotiations. Since they need to co-exist, why can't they work together more efficiently? The Cubs could pay rent for any type of lighting structure to help solve the dark outfield issue many players have complained about since the Cubs installed lights.

Oops, I forgot. The Cubs are out of money. :whiner: