PDA

View Full Version : Zambrano Rants After Cubs' Loss to Pujols, Cards

Viva Medias B's
06-05-2011, 06:25 PM
After today's Cubs loss to the Cardinals at Busch Stadium, by way of a second Albert Pujols walk off home run in as many days, Carlos Zambrano was a little upset.

Link (http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubs/ct-spt-0606-cubs-cardinals-chicago--20110605,0,765489.story)

DickAllen72
06-05-2011, 06:48 PM
Dunn, Rios, Pierre, Teahen and Peavy for Zambrano! Make it happen Kenny! :redneck

Nah.....The Cubs aren't that stupid, are they??? :tongue:

Viva Medias B's
06-05-2011, 06:50 PM
Dunn, Rios, Pierre, Teahen and Peavy for Zambrano! Make it happen Kenny! :redneck

Nah.....The Cubs aren't that stupid, are they??? :tongue:

Peavy???

DickAllen72
06-05-2011, 07:00 PM
Peavy???
Yeah, he can bring back memories of Mark Pryor for the Northside faithful.

Brian26
06-05-2011, 07:08 PM
Can you imagine if a guy like Buehrle reacted this way every time a Sox bullpen has blown a lead for him over the past eleven years?

Zambrano's still a classless douchebag, anger-management counseling or not.

Woofer
06-05-2011, 08:37 PM
Zambrano is an ass, he really should think about what he says and does before he goes off the deep end like this. What Zambrano said is exactly right. They are playing like a AAA team because for the most part, they are.

thomas35forever
06-05-2011, 08:59 PM
I'll be very interested to see how people remember Zambrano when his time with the Cubs is over.

miker
06-05-2011, 09:43 PM
Gatorade buckets are cowering in fear...

SoxandtheCityTee
06-05-2011, 10:06 PM
To me, he sounded pretty calm, but very disgusted. Plus, what he said was accurate: they stinks. Bad idea, but not a hissy fit IMO.

Brian26
06-05-2011, 10:15 PM
To me, he sounded pretty calm, but very disgusted. Plus, what he said was accurate: they stinks. Bad idea, but not a hissy fit IMO.

It's a hissy fit. The context of the message doesn't change just because he spoke slowly or softly. This guy makes Jamie Navarro look like a choir boy.

RadioheadRocks
06-05-2011, 10:26 PM
Can you imagine if a guy like Buehrle reacted this way every time a Sox bullpen has blown a lead for him over the past eleven years?

This.

DSpivack
06-05-2011, 11:03 PM
I'll be very interested to see how people remember Zambrano when his time with the Cubs is over.

Like they did with Sosa, completely turn on someone they formerly worshipped.

Rohan
06-06-2011, 12:00 AM
"We are playing like a Triple-A team. This is embarrassing. Embarrassing for the team and the owners. Embarrassing for the fans. Embarrassing, that's the word for this team."

- Gem

DrCrawdad
06-06-2011, 07:10 AM
"WE STINKS"

Cubbie blue tee-shirt with "We stinks" in Cubbie red.

g0g0
06-06-2011, 09:04 AM
Z has every right to be mad. Glad he said something as this team stinks right now. Injuries don't help, but this is inexcusable. Especially when it comes to Theriot.

FielderJones
06-06-2011, 11:22 AM

I hope Kenny's not that stupid. The Sox don't need a hothead that airs it out in the press.

Give me a link if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure Crazy Carl kept all his calling out teammates in the clubhouse. That's the difference between a leader and a douchebag.

Red Barchetta
06-06-2011, 11:49 AM

I agree. Nothing they can't all agree with. "We stinks!" :D:

Domeshot17
06-06-2011, 12:36 PM
I hope Kenny's not that stupid. The Sox don't need a hothead that airs it out in the press.

Give me a link if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure Crazy Carl kept all his calling out teammates in the clubhouse. That's the difference between a leader and a douchebag.

We already have one of those, he wears number 13.

That said, Zambrano is who he is. The Cubs made a mistake giving him that extension. He is still a very talented pitcher, but his emotions consistently get the best of him.

hi im skot
06-06-2011, 12:39 PM
We already have one of those, he wears number 13.

That said, Zambrano is who he is. The Cubs made a mistake giving him that extension. He is still a very talented pitcher, but his emotions consistently get the best of him.

Say what you will about Guillen, but he doesn't throw guys under the bus.

The Critic
06-06-2011, 12:54 PM
Zambrano rarely says "we stink" when he himself was the one who actually did the stinking. His "we" almost always means "they". He's an immature bozo and that will never change.

doublem23
06-06-2011, 01:06 PM
Brenly grabs Big Z's back:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/breaking/cbsports-brenly-applauds-zambranos-stance-rips-cubs-as-disinterested-20110606,0,5950695.story

SI1020
06-06-2011, 01:24 PM
Brenly grabs Big Z's back:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/breaking/cbsports-brenly-applauds-zambranos-stance-rips-cubs-as-disinterested-20110606,0,5950695.story I thought only sunshine and roses was permitted from Cubs broadcasters.

The Critic
06-06-2011, 01:25 PM
How happy must Brenly be that he stayed far away from that managerial job? He must really like Chicago, because he knows the fastest route out of town begins at the end of that dugout bench.

...although publicly calling them a "dead-ass team playing out the string in June" can't be music to his bosses' ears, either...

hi im skot
06-06-2011, 01:31 PM
I thought only sunshine and roses was permitted from Cubs broadcasters.

Brenly has called out players plenty of times...

tstrike2000
06-06-2011, 01:55 PM
Brenly has called out players plenty of times...

It's true that Brenly doesn't think the sun shine's out of the Cubs' ass, but he's also defended Carlos before, like when he almost got into that dugout fight with Derrick Lee. At that particular time, Brenly also referred to the Cubs as a dead-ass team and that Zambrano's emotion actually helps the team. I just don't see how Brenly thinks it's helpful to get so pissed off that you throw teammates under the bus in interviews and almost get into a fist fight in the dugout.

PalehosePlanet
06-06-2011, 02:07 PM
Z has every right to be mad. Glad he said something as this team stinks right now. Injuries don't help, but this is inexcusable. Especially when it comes to Theriot.

The problem is Marmol's fastball is 90/91 nowadays and he's completely lost confidence in throwing it for a strike. (Dead arm? Mechanics?....not sure.)

Also, I think Zambrano is more pissed that he didn't get the W rather than the team playing badly. That's two W's in a row Marmol has blown for him. If it happens again the next time Zambrano pitches, he'll probably try to strangle him.

SoxandtheCityTee
06-06-2011, 02:45 PM
It's a hissy fit. The context of the message doesn't change just because he spoke slowly or softly.

That's your opinion. Mine differs. I communicate for a living. The way you say something does matter.

SoxandtheCityTee
06-06-2011, 02:48 PM
Also, I think Zambrano is more pissed that he didn't get the W rather than the team playing badly. That's two W's in a row Marmol has blown for him. If it happens again the next time Zambrano pitches, he'll probably try to strangle him.

Agreed. This is one of the reasons it is has so much less credibility. That and the past explosions, which were also all about him, not the team.

SI1020
06-06-2011, 05:44 PM
Brenly has called out players plenty of times... I don't watch or listen to the Cubs that often but it wasn't so long ago that Chip and Steve were shown the door. If Brenly has more free rein then good for him. I find Len Kasper to be unlistenable.

103 screwball
06-06-2011, 05:58 PM
I'd take him as DH at this point.

SoxandtheCityTee
06-06-2011, 06:49 PM
I'd take him as DH at this point.

:happybday:kneeslap: :rolling:

CLUBHOUSE KID
06-07-2011, 10:52 AM
I like Big Z and this is why

PatK
06-07-2011, 12:53 PM
I have to agree with Carlos.

He's saying to the people what Ricketts should be saying.

Nellie_Fox
06-07-2011, 01:13 PM
Zambrano's meltdowns have caused the Cubs multiple problems over the years. He's absolutely not the one to be pointing fingers. Besides, he's only pissed because it was his game that was blown.

TDog
06-07-2011, 11:46 PM
Zambrano's meltdowns have caused the Cubs multiple problems over the years. He's absolutely not the one to be pointing fingers. Besides, he's only pissed because it was his game that was blown.

That is a point that everyone seems to be missing.

SI1020
06-07-2011, 11:55 PM
I like Big Z and this is why I don't like him apparently for the same reason that you do.

TheVulture
06-12-2011, 09:23 PM
The Sox don't need a hothead that airs it out in the press.

I honestly believe Zambrano wouldn't be a problem if he were with nine out of ten other organizations...just like Lou Piniella would be a good manager with most other organizations. The Cubs doldrums absolutely wrecked Sweet Lou. Some people just can't mix with such an inept organization.

Sox
06-12-2011, 09:35 PM

Exactly. :putitontheboard