PDA

View Full Version : From 1991: Andre Dawson Erupts Due to a Familiar Source

RKMeibalane
06-05-2011, 05:00 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAKkHxkkCyA

Hitmen77
06-05-2011, 05:54 PM
Was Dan Roan at Wrigley on Mullet Night?

Brian26
06-05-2011, 07:12 PM
That pitch by Charlton was about six inches closer to the plate and higher than the one that struck out Dunn today, just as an aside.

sox230
06-05-2011, 08:26 PM
Although what happened at Wrigley was crazier, I love the "balance" of time during the telecast with the Cubs and Sox....oh and WGN must have known what was going to happen at Wrigley, which is why they sent Roan to the Cubs game instead of the Sox.

TomBradley72
06-05-2011, 09:11 PM
Joe West strikes again.

sullythered
06-05-2011, 09:44 PM
They should have just let Dawson kick the **** out of Joe West.

DumpJerry
06-05-2011, 09:47 PM
Hey Country Joe: Dawson is in the HOF, you'll never see the inside of that building.

Dan Roan: that shirt you're wearing can cause unexplained psychotic reactions to people exposed to it without warning.

Brian26
06-05-2011, 09:54 PM
They should have just let Dawson kick the **** out of Joe West.

Or put an Eric Show mask on West and then turn Dawson loose.

WhiteSox5187
06-05-2011, 10:25 PM
Not at all surprised to see West was smirking and that set Dawson off. I was also not surprised to see that even as Dawson was throwing bats onto the field West was heading over to the bench to escalate the situation.

What was surprising was that the Cubs and the Sox both played night games at home that day.

StillMissOzzie
06-05-2011, 11:01 PM
Cool clip! I remember watching the Dawson bat-tossing on the news the night it happened, and I had seen the Dibble throwing at Dascenzo's feet part before, but I had long ago forgotten that they were in the same game.

And, is that Sweet Lou managing the Reds back then? I gotta look that up. If only there was some sort of information superhighway available at my fingertips... :scratch:

Yeah, that was him!

SMO
:gulp:

Hitmen77
06-06-2011, 08:07 AM
Not at all surprised to see West was smirking and that set Dawson off. I was also not surprised to see that even as Dawson was throwing bats onto the field West was heading over to the bench to escalate the situation.

What was surprising was that the Cubs and the Sox both played night games at home that day.

.....and yet that guy has a job for life as an MLB umpire. 20 years later and he's still out there being a terrible ump. Is there no accountability in that job?

Cool clip! I remember watching the Dawson bat-tossing on the news the night it happened, and I had seen the Dibble throwing at Dascenzo's feet part before, but I had long ago forgotten that they were in the same game.

And, is that Sweet Lou managing the Reds back then? I gotta look that up. If only there was some sort of information superhighway available at my fingertips... :scratch:

Yeah, that was him!

SMO
:gulp:

Piniella and the Reds were defending World Series champs at that time.

Noneck
06-06-2011, 08:50 AM
Late in the clip we see Joey Cora slap a game winning hit to left as Officer Karcovice comes in with the winning run.

tstrike2000
06-06-2011, 02:06 PM
Joe West mired in controversy? Shocking.

Sox
06-26-2011, 11:12 AM
Joe West: WORST Umpire everrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Madvora
06-26-2011, 11:26 AM
Dan Roan looks like Joey Gladstone from Full House.
Nice to see the fans keeping up the tradition of throwing trash on the field too.