PDA

View Full Version : *Official* 6-5 Bad throw, failed DP, BBs deep-six Peavy, DET 7, SOX 3 Postgamer

Frater Perdurabo
06-05-2011, 04:35 PM
More proof that failed fundamentals will **** your team. Should have been a crisp 3-1 win today.

It's bad enough that Peavy pulled a groin, but it would be a real travesty if he strained it while over-exerting himself while trying to pitch out of that jam AFTER Alexei crapped his pants on what should have been a routine 3-6-3 DP.

The result is that yet again we lose a series to Detroit.

Lip Man 1
06-05-2011, 04:35 PM
That's four straight series losses to the Tigers and 11 of the last 12 overall. (Not to mention losing 15 of 20 to the Twins)

Until this team starts winning games in their own division they aren't competing for anything, not even a winning season. (but Kenny has confidence in the coaching staff.) :rolleyes:

Lip

kittle42
06-05-2011, 04:38 PM
Still can't win at home. Still can't win in the division. Still can't score with any consistency. Same series, different weekend.

Lip Man 1
06-05-2011, 04:39 PM
But, but, but...Ozzie says Ramirez is a Gold-Glove shortstop!!! And they work on fundamentals CONSTANTLY in spring training and now even before games.

If true then what a Sox announcer told me must be true, these guys are simply "baseball" - stupid.

Lip

SoxSpeed22
06-05-2011, 04:41 PM
Uuuuuggggghhhhh
Games like this can't get me excited about this team. That strained groin might have contributed to that 6 run inning.
On the plus side, Gordon is looking a lot better at the plate.

Soxfest
06-05-2011, 04:43 PM
Another horrid home crowd showing and WGN game.

kittle42
06-05-2011, 04:45 PM
Another horrid home crowd showing and WGN game.

Sox fans simply won't pay to see absolute crap.

On a possible hikack note - my Cubs fan season ticket holder friends told me that the Cubs are considering personal seat licenses.

Hitmen77
06-05-2011, 04:47 PM
Just wait until Sunday when we have our ace going against the mediocre Brad Penny!!!.......oh, wait a minute.

Ryan Raburn's batting average = .201

Hitmen77
06-05-2011, 04:48 PM

On a possible hikack note - my Cubs fan season ticket holder friends told me that the Cubs are considering personal seat licenses.

Seriously.

I can't believe anyone has the nerve to actually complain about Sox attendance in this thread after the crappy display the home team has shown us on the field these last 2 games.

Jollyroger2
06-05-2011, 04:49 PM
People here were going bonkers about this team after the sweep in Boston. It's as if memories were suddenly wiped clean of the awful series in Toronto. This weekend's series is another example of why I don't get overly excited with this team and why I wasn't whooping it up after Boston. No consistency. Little signs of steady improvement, and players who regularly underachieve and slack off. It's almost guaranteed they'll play a good game or couple good games here or there but then they'll give it all back next time out.

Cleveland got beat up bad this weekend. The Sox could have made up some ground but didn't. I'd say they were proving again how mediocre they are, but they haven't even achieved mediocrity yet.

Dan H
06-05-2011, 04:49 PM
Again the Sox had chances to have big innings and couldn't come up with a big hit. That fifth inning was brutal. Once they failed to score there, game was over.

AnkleSox
06-05-2011, 04:51 PM
All I can say is "Brad ****ing Penny."

The Sox need to start beating the damn Tigers if only because of all the damn transplanted Michiganders that walk around Chicago like they own it.

chisoxfanatic
06-05-2011, 04:54 PM
I feel bad for anyone who has money invested.

chisoxfanatic
06-05-2011, 04:54 PM

Exactly how does that work? Is it like what the Bears do?

thomas35forever
06-05-2011, 05:00 PM
Why does this team keep giving us false hope? Either win consistently or don't win at all.

Harry Potter
06-05-2011, 05:00 PM
The Sox need to start beating the damn Tigers if only because of all the damn transplanted Michiganders that walk around Chicago like they own it.

Agreed. It was embarrassing how loud the Tigers fans were this weekend in our home ballpark, especially the past two games. :angry:

CLUBHOUSE KID
06-05-2011, 05:01 PM

Exactly how does that work? Is it like what the Bears do?

Yes, the Bears do it.

Lip Man 1
06-05-2011, 05:01 PM
Rayburn's average is .201...we've seen that before this season, at least two other clowns with miserable averages getting big hits to win games.

Lip

CLUBHOUSE KID
06-05-2011, 05:02 PM
Why does this team keep giving us false hope? Either win consistently or don't win at all.

See I agree. I hate middle of the pack teams because then you don't know where you stand. Either be the Yankees or be the Royals.

kittle42
06-05-2011, 05:03 PM
People here were going bonkers about this team after the sweep in Boston. It's as if memories were suddenly wiped clean of the awful series in Toronto. This weekend's series is another example of why I don't get overly excited with this team and why I wasn't whooping it up after Boston. No consistency. Little signs of steady improvement, and players who regularly underachieve and slack off. It's almost guaranteed they'll play a good game or couple good games here or there but then they'll give it all back next time out.

Cleveland got beat up bad this weekend. The Sox could have made up some ground but didn't. I'd say they were proving again how mediocre they are, but they haven't even achieved mediocrity yet.

Excellent post. I wasn't even that happy after Friday's win - a lot of missed opportunities that were overcome by homers. Despite the crap pitching and one bad defensive play today, the problem is and has been offense, offense, offense.

VMSNS
06-05-2011, 05:43 PM
Bad baseball team is bad.

canOcorn
06-05-2011, 06:09 PM
Seriously.

I can't believe anyone has the nerve to actually complain about Sox attendance in this thread after the crappy display the home team has shown us on the field these last 2 games.

Oswaldo got to yuck it up with his kid in the dugout during the game. Glad to see the manger is paying attention. Clown shoes all around....

Viva Medias B's
06-05-2011, 06:35 PM
I admit that I muted my views about Ozzie Guillen during the Boston series. I should not have. While pleased with the sweep of the Red Sox, it has not changed my opinion that the sooner Guillen is gone, the better. We may very will win the AL Central, somehow. But I would hardly consider us a playoff favorite should we manage to accomplish a divisional title.

LITTLE NELL
06-05-2011, 06:47 PM
Since the middle of 2006 the White Sox are the most frustrating team in MLB. How can you win 3 straight in Fenway and then give away 2 out of 3 against Detroit at home. These guys are driving me nuts.

balke
06-05-2011, 07:02 PM
Yeah... cause all anyone was thinking this whole game was "man the coaches are really blowing this one."

kittle42
06-05-2011, 07:24 PM
Since the middle of 2006 the White Sox are the most frustrating team in MLB. How can you win 3 straight in Fenway and then give away 2 out of 3 against Detroit at home. These guys are driving me nuts.

Fundamentally bad teams simply cannot be consistent - hence these extremes.

russ99
06-05-2011, 07:26 PM
Yet again, we fail miserably with runners in scoring position, which is what cost us this game.

Sadly, this may continue to happen until we change players or the hitting coach. Hopefully it's the latter, and it's done soon enough to salvage the season.

Complain about fundamentals all you want, but one misplay on the hardest DP to turn is something most teams who can consistently score runs can deal with and still win.

balke
06-05-2011, 07:50 PM
See I agree. I hate middle of the pack teams because then you don't know where you stand. Either be the Yankees or be the Royals.

This is ridiculous. There's one Yankees team and they don't win every year. The Sox are somewhat competitive at least on paper yearly - and that's a blessing. Bad baseball is not fun. Not being competitive is not fun. Buying all the best players and failing is not fun (Yankees). I'm proud to be a Sox fan and that pride is mostly because JR let's his club be competitive and allows his G.M. create.

I'm not proud of Dunn/Swisher underperformers though.

samurai_sox
06-05-2011, 07:56 PM
All I can say is "Brad ****ing Penny."

Seriously.

I can't stand hearing those Michigan refugees through my TV.

Frater Perdurabo
06-05-2011, 08:01 PM
Complain about fundamentals all you want, but one misplay on the hardest DP to turn is something most teams who can consistently score runs can deal with and still win.

Bad fundamental plays that lead to the opponent scoring runs are magnified when the offense fails to generate RBI with RISP.

The Sox need to improve their hitting and their fielding.

Frater Perdurabo
06-05-2011, 08:11 PM
One positive from this series: Beckham and Morel are rounding into form. Both are playing outstanding defense, and are starting to hit pretty well. Both seem to be smart, good all-around, fundamentally solid baseball players.

JB98
06-05-2011, 08:17 PM
Brutal game. I really shouldn't be disappointed. I watch this team every day and my eyes are wide open. I know they suck.

But it still blows to go out to the park and have to sit through a three-and-a-half hour crapfest like that one.

GlassSox
06-05-2011, 08:29 PM
Brutal game. I really shouldn't be disappointed. I watch this team every day and my eyes are wide open. I know they suck.

But it still blows to go out to the park and have to sit through a three-and-a-half hour crapfest like that one.

Yes agreed. Two games that we gave away. Sitting at the ball park watching zero situational hitting, Adam Done doing not doing ****, Alas Rios with his ugly stance, & Ozzie clowning in the dug out, & etc.

Truly a crap fest!

Lip Man 1
06-05-2011, 09:02 PM
Balke if you think averaging 95 wins a year for 15 years or so like the Yankees is "failing" than I admire your definition of it.

:?:

If the White Sox were to average that and make the post season oh like the Yankees did 13 years in a row, I'd be doing cartwheels down Michigan Avenue.

I just don't understand some fans I guess.

Lip

guillensdisciple
06-05-2011, 09:05 PM
I'm just not going to get excited about this team anymore.

BringHomeDaBacon
06-05-2011, 09:11 PM
More proof that failed fundamentals will **** your team. Should have been a crisp 3-1 win today.

It's bad enough that Peavy pulled a groin, but it would be a real travesty if he strained it while over-exerting himself while trying to pitch out of that jam AFTER Alexei crapped his pants on what should have been a routine 3-6-3 DP.

The result is that yet again we lose a series to Detroit.

over-exerting himself? come on - he's being paid plenty to over-exert himself

If pitchers hurt themselves every time a double play wasn't turned or an error was made they would be using pitching machines by now. It's not Alexei's fault that Peavy is a china doll. How about picking up your teammate and pitching around it? Pitchers do that all the time without crapping their pants and straining their groin.

Lip Man 1
06-05-2011, 09:15 PM
Bacon:

True but also how about a supposedly "gold-glove" (according to Ozzie) shortstop keeping his ****ing head in the game, every game...every inning.

I swear he's made errors on some of the easiest plays around and I don't have to get into getting picked off 3rd base right after his coach (Jeff Cox) told him to be careful.

Lip

BringHomeDaBacon
06-05-2011, 09:17 PM
Bacon:

True but also how about a supposedly "gold-glove" (according to Ozzie) shortstop keeping his ****ing head in the game, every game...every inning.

I swear he's made errors on some of the easiest plays around and I don't have to get into getting picked off 3rd base right after his coach (Jeff Cox) told him to be careful.

Lip

No question about it. I totally agree with you. He often seems like his head is somewhere else. But blaming him for another player's injury is quite a stretch.

Lip Man 1
06-05-2011, 09:25 PM
Bacon:

I certainly aren't blaming him for Peavy's injury but perhaps his head being somewhere else is what started the chain of events that led to it.

I've been told from folks around the Sox Ramirez is extremely talented but inconsistent, selfish (direct quote) and simply won't do some things he's being asked to do (for example bunt - he doesn't like it and supposedly gives it a half-hearted effort...yet Ozzie keeps asking him to do it which compounds the problem doesn't it?)

Lip

balke
06-05-2011, 09:29 PM
Balke if you think averaging 95 wins a year for 15 years or so like the Yankees is "failing" than I admire your definition of it.

:?:

If the White Sox were to average that and make the post season oh like the Yankees did 13 years in a row, I'd be doing cartwheels down Michigan Avenue.

I just don't understand some fans I guess.

Lip

I think if you can buy a-rod sabathia texiera and throw endless amounts of cash to build a fantasy roster like ny or boston does - its a failure when you don't win a world series. White Sox couldn't even get those players to come here if they offered them the same contracts. Next year Pujols might be playing 3b or dh for the yankees - who knows?

The Sox take a shot at this all in thing the best they can - but no matter how much money they throw out there - its tough to pull in the elites that want to play here. Practically had to drag Peavy here. Swisher pouted coming here and even Dunn was kinda a baby about it and not wanting to dh.

I'm pretty happy with what was put together this season. I'm pretty unhappy with how Dunn is playing. I don't blame walker or ozzie for that. In fact the guys I would blame walker for are playing quite nicely lately. (Beckham, morel, lill, alexie, pk)

Foulke You
06-05-2011, 09:39 PM
Rayburn's average is .201...we've seen that before this season, at least two other clowns with miserable averages getting big hits to win games.

Lip
Rayburn's overall numbers are bad but the guy hits like an all-star versus the Sox. I have a ton of memories the last couple years of Raburn getting a huge HR or hit against us so I looked up his splits and the numbers say that he ONLY hits the Sox. Check this out:

Ryan Raburn vs. Sox (Career)
58 Games
.298 avg, 8 HRs, 35 RBI, 10 Doubles, and 28 Runs scored

Raburn only has 43 HRs in his entire career and 8 of them are versus the Sox. Also, 7 of his 15 RBI in his miserable 2011 season have come against us. They seriously just keep him around to torment the Sox. If you look at his career splits, he doesn't even come close to that type of production against any other team. Just another scrub player that inexplicably owns us. I call it Nick Punto syndrome.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/7454/splits;_ylt=AuKZwE54RvYpjvvygYmivZqFCLcF?year=care er&type=Batting

Lip Man 1
06-05-2011, 09:45 PM
You'd think the Sox might try to do something different pitching wise when he comes up. Maybe the "scouting" reports on him are inaccurate (if Dunn's charges are true...:?:)

Lip

DumpJerry
06-05-2011, 09:54 PM
I feel bad for anyone who has money invested.
I keep mine under the mattress.

tstrike2000
06-05-2011, 10:59 PM
Just wish I could have KW's faith in the team. After all, he said we have one of the best managers and one of the best coaching staffs in baseball. With that kind of leadership in the dugout, we should be going on a run soon, right?

chisoxfanatic
06-05-2011, 11:07 PM
I went grocery shopping during this game, the Sox had a 2-0 lead when I left. While walking up my stairs bringing in groceries, I heard fireworks loud and clear...Thought to myself "They must be doing something nice here!" I checked the score and rolled my eyes.

tstrike2000
06-05-2011, 11:10 PM
I went grocery shopping during this game, the Sox had a 2-0 lead when I left. While walking up my stairs bringing in groceries, I heard fireworks loud and clear...Thought to myself "They must be doing something nice here!" I checked the score and rolled my eyes.

We had lunch with some friends and then after getting home I wasn't sure if I should watch the game or mow the grass. I watched Peavy give up the grand slam, turned off the TV, and off to mow it was.

kufram
06-06-2011, 01:58 AM
No question about it. I totally agree with you. He often seems like his head is somewhere else. But blaming him for another player's injury is quite a stretch.

I agree also. Alexei has his Condor moments to be sure, but blaming him for this loss, let alone Peavy's injury, is a stretch. Peavy HAS to know that when you feel a twinge in your groin it is time to call the manager and trainer out and possibly leave the game... especially with his injury history. I love what the guy brings when he is healthy but if anyone cost us that game it is Peavy. I get no satisfaction from finding blame.... we lost a game.

Alexei is a flawed player with concentration lapses but between those lapses he has shown what a great player he is. I get frustrated when his head isn't in the game, but I don't forget he's been on a tear and has also contributed heavily to a few wins.

October26
06-06-2011, 07:01 AM
I really thought Dunn would start hitting when the weather warmed up because the fly balls would leave US Cellular Field with the help of warm winds, but I was wrong. Yesterday was a beautiful, warm, sunny, day in Chicago but Dunn couldn't get the ball out of the infield except for one hit.

I know that Dunn is not the only reason we lost this last series against Detroit - I just needed to vent this morning.

Bucky F. Dent
06-06-2011, 07:12 AM
My God, this team is very hard to watch!

ChiSoxGirl
06-06-2011, 07:43 AM
I really thought Dunn would start hitting when the weather warmed up because the fly balls would leave US Cellular Field with the help of warm winds, but I was wrong. Yesterday was a beautiful, warm, sunny, day in Chicago but Dunn couldn't get the ball out of the infield except for one hit.

I know that Dunn is not the only reason we lost this last series against Detroit - I just needed to vent this morning.

Not in the shade at the ballpark... BRRRRR!!!!! We got to the park around noon and the temperature dropped ten degrees in about 15 minutes -- from 76 to 66. By game's end, the outfield scoreboard read 61 degrees; there was a stiff east wind yesterday afternoon, contributing to the two seasons out there. My shorts, flops, tank top and jersey were a complete fail. Fortunately, I threw a hoodie in my bag at the last minute; I put that on by the second inning and used my jersey as a blanket for my legs.

ZombieRob
06-06-2011, 07:49 AM
Not in the shade at the ballpark... BRRRRR!!!!! We got to the park around noon and the temperature dropped ten degrees in about 15 minutes -- from 76 to 66. By game's end, the outfield scoreboard read 61 degrees; there was a stiff east wind yesterday afternoon, contributing to the two seasons out there. My shorts, flops, tank top and jersey were a complete fail. Fortunately, I threw a hoodie in my bag at the last minute; I put that on by the second inning and used my jersey as a blanket for my legs.
You're in the midwest you should be used to it by now. Blanket for 66 degrees wow? I'll take that all year round

ChiSoxGirl
06-06-2011, 07:59 AM
You're in the midwest you should be used to it by now. Blanket for 66 degrees wow? I'll take that all year round

I get cold easily, especially when I'm not dressed for the weather. Yesterday afternoon, I wasn't dressed for the weather because I wasn't expecting a temperature drop or a stiff wind outta the east.

Hitmen77
06-06-2011, 08:01 AM
I don't know what the numbers are, but it at least seems to me that the Sox give up a lot of game-killing runs with two out.

On the other hand, when our guys get runners in scoring position and less than two outs, I have come to expect that those runners will be stranded there.:mad:

chisoxfanatic
06-06-2011, 08:02 AM
I had the windows open all day and was wearing shorts and a tank top while out and about during the afternoon...I loved the cool breeze! :redneck

ZombieRob
06-06-2011, 08:05 AM
I had the windows open all day and was wearing shorts and a tank top while out and about during the afternoon...I loved the cool breeze! :redneck
I'll regret it today 90's next 3 days :angry::angry:

balke
06-06-2011, 09:25 AM

I haven't seeen every atbat - but I don't even see him hitting the ball in the air. Mostly just groundball to the right side eaten up by the shift. I think the last out on Saturday he hit was to the SS and that was the first time Id seen that.

FielderJones
06-06-2011, 11:13 AM
I haven't seeen every atbat - but I don't even see him hitting the ball in the air. Mostly just groundball to the right side eaten up by the shift. I think the last out on Saturday he hit was to the SS and that was the first time Id seen that.

Didn't he hit a foul ball that missed being a homer by less than two feet?

miker
06-06-2011, 11:23 AM
I don't know what the numbers are, but it at least seems to me that the Sox give up a lot of game-killing runs with two out.

On the other hand, when our guys get runners in scoring position and less than two outs, I have come to expect that those runners will be stranded there.:mad:

The signature of a bad team.

hawkjt
06-06-2011, 12:21 PM
I get cold easily, especially when I'm not dressed for the weather. Yesterday afternoon, I wasn't dressed for the weather because I wasn't expecting a temperature drop or a stiff wind outta the east.

You weren't the only ones surprised by that drop in temps. We moved to sunny seats in the outfield and it was hot! Yesterday was the kind of day that you were either going to be a bit chilly or a bit hot...no in between.
Sun was blazing.

That wind pushed Dunn's long foul ball,just foul...too bad,he needed a break. Then on the next pitch he gets called out on a questionable strike. Ouch.

Yesterday turned on a couple of plays...Alexei's failed dp,and that pitch to Raeburn. But,the Sox should have been up 4-0 after two innings...still cannot advance runners to save their lives.
It was a sad day at the park. By the end,the seats were pretty empty,and long faces were everywhere....stinks.

Crestani
06-06-2011, 12:33 PM

Um...I don't see him hitting the ball much at all...Mostly just a huge whiff..!!

chisoxfanatic
06-06-2011, 01:07 PM
It was a sad day at the park. By the end,the seats were pretty empty,and long faces were everywhere....stinks.
They seem to make much more mistakes at home...Can't expect much walk-up if they keep letting down the fans at home.

guillensdisciple
06-06-2011, 02:08 PM
They seem to make much more mistakes at home...Can't expect much walk-up if they keep letting down the fans at home.

To me, due to the insane failure that this team has become,- I hope we don't scratch 2 million. The White Sox do not deserve fans to go to the ball park in insane numbers.

I have gone 3 times and have witnessed losses. I am considering going one more time against the Cubs and even though they suck, I am having strong urges not to go.

doublem23
06-06-2011, 02:28 PM
To me, due to the insane failure that this team has become,- I hope we don't scratch 2 million. The White Sox do not deserve fans to go to the ball park in insane numbers.

I have gone 3 times and have witnessed losses. I am considering going one more time against the Cubs and even though they suck, I am having strong urges not to go.

Super cool story man, hey you know what would make it better, repeat it a thousand times.

balke
06-06-2011, 03:15 PM
Didn't he hit a foul ball that missed being a homer by less than two feet?

That and the highest popups hawk harrelson has ever seen.