PDA

View Full Version : 1977 highlight video-need help finding it

TommyJohn
06-05-2011, 10:24 AM
I am posting this new thread asking for some help.

A while ago, someone posted a link to a video showing highlights of the 1977 season, including Zisk's rooftop and bleacher blasts. It is about four minutes in length and contains an interview with Lamar Johnson, who was a coach for the Royals, of all teams. I am pretty sure I even posted in the thread myself. I wanted to look it up after reading about the anniversary of Zisk's home runs. The trouble is I cannot find it! I watched it a few times, but never subscribed to the thread, now I don't know where it is. I have tried every search term imaginable and cannot pull it up. There is a "1977 Sox video" thread, but that thread shows a Channel 7 News broadcast, so that isn't it. This video shows highlights from the season, and is narrated and contains an interview with Lamar Johnson. The video even shows Hal McRae hot-dogging it after hitting a homer in Comiskey Park.

Does anyone remember this video? It is out there, it exists. I have never, ever had such a hard time trying to find something on here. If anyone remembers the video and what thread it was, please let me know. I'll subscribe to the thread so I can find it in the future.

Lip Man 1
06-05-2011, 11:09 AM
This video was part of a seven and a half minute compilation of the season put together by WGN-TV and narrated by Dan Roan. It was broadcast after a Sox / Expos game from (then) Comiskey Park, in 2002, the 25th anniversary of the "South Side Hit Men."

It had soundbites from Steve Stone, Oscar Gamble, Lamar Johnson and Eric Soderholm.

I've enjoyed watching it a few times here at home and still am amazed that the TV broadcast footage existed to put it together, since Rich King, from WGN, told me that station has very little Sox material in their morgue from before 1983.

I've always wondered where they got it.

Lip

Zisk77
06-05-2011, 12:26 PM
I am posting this new thread asking for some help.

A while ago, someone posted a link to a video showing highlights of the 1977 season, including Zisk's rooftop and bleacher blasts. It is about four minutes in length and contains an interview with Lamar Johnson, who was a coach for the Royals, of all teams. I am pretty sure I even posted in the thread myself. I wanted to look it up after reading about the anniversary of Zisk's home runs. The trouble is I cannot find it! I watched it a few times, but never subscribed to the thread, now I don't know where it is. I have tried every search term imaginable and cannot pull it up. There is a "1977 Sox video" thread, but that thread shows a Channel 7 News broadcast, so that isn't it. This video shows highlights from the season, and is narrated and contains an interview with Lamar Johnson. The video even shows Hal McRae hot-dogging it after hitting a homer in Comiskey Park.

Does anyone remember this video? It is out there, it exists. I have never, ever had such a hard time trying to find something on here. If anyone remembers the video and what thread it was, please let me know. I'll subscribe to the thread so I can find it in the future.

I think you are having trouble finding it because it was a link from youtube and Youtube pulled it off due to copyright infringement.

TommyJohn
06-05-2011, 01:04 PM
I think you are having trouble finding it because it was a link from youtube and Youtube pulled it off due to copyright infringement.

See, I don't know that. I can't even find the thread with the link.