PDA

View Full Version : MLB Fans Strike!


HawkDJ
07-08-2002, 11:06 PM
www.mlbfanstrike.com

It seems some people set a fan strike date for July 11 and August 1 in response to player threatening to go on strike and potentially kill baseball. They won't go to any games, watch any games or anything.

What do you guys think?

nut_stock
07-08-2002, 11:09 PM
I think there's been a lot of Sox fans doing this already. But really, I think it's an interesting idea.

ChiWhiteSox1337
07-08-2002, 11:09 PM
I think it's kinda stupid, I don't care how much the players get paid, but I do want to see a salary cap and drug testing, I'll be watching baseball on July 11th.

nut_stock
07-08-2002, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by ChiWhiteSox1337
I think it's kinda stupid, I don't care how much the players get paid, but I do want to see a salary cap and drug testing, I'll be watching baseball on July 11th.

Personally I'd rather see a ticket price freeze, but that's just the consumer side of me.

ChiWhiteSox1337
07-08-2002, 11:18 PM
yeah, I forgot about ticket prices, I've gone to 3 games this year(all white sox losers) and it's a lot, thank god for half price mondays.

nut_stock
07-08-2002, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by ChiWhiteSox1337
yeah, I forgot about ticket prices, I've gone to 3 games this year(all white sox losers) and it's a lot, thank god for half price mondays.


and what about beer/concession prices? Combined with high ticket prices and you have....ugh....They should pick one or the other, not both!

ChiWhiteSox1337
07-08-2002, 11:30 PM
thank god i'm not a beer drinker(not old enough), but I usually get 2 hot dogs and a drink. Another thing that ticked me off is like last year, those nice new era hats costed like $25, now I decided to buy one from Comiskey this year and it was $30 X_x, a week later I went to Galyans in Schaumburg and they had it for $21.99 :\ *sigh*

nut_stock
07-08-2002, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by ChiWhiteSox1337
thank god i'm not a beer drinker(not old enough), but I usually get 2 hot dogs and a drink. Another thing that ticked me off is like last year, those nice new era hats costed like $25, now I decided to buy one from Comiskey this year and it was $30 X_x, a week later I went to Galyans in Schaumburg and they had it for $21.99 :\ *sigh*


Is there any wonder why independent minor league teams are sprouting up in suburbs everywhere?

foulkesfan11
07-09-2002, 08:37 AM
I've been on strike from going ot Sox games ever since Clayton was supposedly benched & then played the same night.