PDA

View Full Version : Parking Passes on Stubhub

amsteel
06-04-2011, 12:13 AM
I just picked up some tickets for Tuesday's game on Stubhub and they came with a parking pass.

I've never gotten this before, it's a PDF just like the tickets, and this may be a very stupid question, but do I just give that to the parking attendant in exchange for a receipt?

I ask since I can't picture the parking attendants carrying bar code scanners like the ticket takers, and without those, it would seem quite easy to counterfeit parking passes if they aren't scanning them on the spot. PLEASE NOTE: I am not encouraging or suggesting I am going to do that, it just seems like a large oversight by the Sox (or any other team that chooses to issue parking passes that way).

Thanks!

keloms
06-04-2011, 06:15 AM
I've never had them at US Cellular, but, I've bought tickets with eticket style parking passes to several buildings, including the United Center, and they've never scanned them. They've always just taken them as we pulled in, put them in their pouch, and handed over the dashboard ticket.

DeadMoney
06-04-2011, 11:30 AM
Well new this year (I believe), they ARE wearing bar code scanners...

A few weeks ago, I used a friend's parking pass that he transferred over to me using the TicketExchange. I pulled into the lot, handed the TM-looking ticket to the attendant and she goes, "this is your game ticket." After some chatting (and pointing out that the ticket says both RED and PARKING), she called in using her radio and asked. Lo and behold, she scanned the ticket and told me to pull in.

So yes, just hand them the parking "ticket" printout and although they may not know what to do with it, convince them it's what they need (and that it'll scan). :redneck