PDA

View Full Version : Paul Konerko

konerko 14
06-03-2011, 06:28 PM
I guess he's not playing tonight anymore, earlier today he had bone fragments removed from his wrist.

October26
06-03-2011, 06:35 PM
I guess he's not playing tonight anymore, earlier today he had bone fragments removed from his wrist.

I just heard this on Comcast. They also said Paulie is available to pinch hit later in the game tonite.

Get Well Soon, Paulie!

LITTLE NELL
06-03-2011, 06:49 PM
Anyone know what kind of procedure this is?
Do they cut you? How can he be available to pinch hit?

Red Barchetta
06-03-2011, 06:54 PM

:scratch: I agree. Sounds like more than a band-aid is required. I can't imagine they would want him swinging at bat after removing bone fragments. Even as an outpateint procedure, I imagine they had to numb up the hand/wrist pretty well.

doublem23
06-03-2011, 07:02 PM

Might have just been able to break them up nonsurgically and then only needed a very small incision to get them out.

Football players have been able to come back from appendectomies within a week, it's not out of the realm of modern medical science.

PeteWard
06-03-2011, 10:56 PM
Any updates? Is he expected to go tomorrow?

Crooked Number
06-04-2011, 11:33 AM
Cringed when i heard this. I am really really hoping that this doesn't affect his hot hitting. We need Paulie to anchor this team. Hope he is back in the lineup soon and continues to crush.

Does anyone have any new info on this?

Chez
06-04-2011, 12:16 PM
Kind of odd that he didn't have the procedure done on the off day (Thursday). Maybe it was something that flared up late Thursday or early Friday. Or maybe the doctor's schedule for Thursday was already booked up.

hawkjt
06-04-2011, 12:49 PM
PK's description is that it was a floating bone chip that moves around and occasionally gets lodged in the wrist joint,which is a problem. It happened Wednesday nite,and they hoped it would dislodge on it own,but it did not so they decided to do this procedure. They put fluid in there,and then manipulated the chip up the arm to where they hope it will stay. So he was injected a few times,and had his wrist/arm manipulated enough that it was sore last nite.
It sounds like he is day to day. I suspect he will be back tomorrow. Ozzie likes to sit them an extra day. Maybe we will see Teahen in there vs the righty Verlander,along with Dunn....pack it with leftys.

Zakath
06-04-2011, 01:01 PM
PK's description is that it was a floating bone chip that moves around and occasionally gets lodged in the wrist joint,which is a problem. It happened Wednesday nite,and they hoped it would dislodge on it own,but it did not so they decided to do this procedure. They put fluid in there,and then manipulated the chip up the arm to where they hope it will stay. So he was injected a few times,and had his wrist/arm manipulated enough that it was sore last nite.
It sounds like he is day to day. I suspect he will be back tomorrow. Ozzie likes to sit them an extra day. Maybe we will see Teahen in there vs the righty Verlander,along with Dunn....pack it with leftys.

Teahen doesn't hit much better against Verlander (6-35 lifetime) than Paulie does (5-41), so that's not much of an upgrade.

Need to make sure the Lillibeast is in the lineup; 3-5 off of Verlander lifetime, and he hits the fastball very well (must have some Jobu connection).

Jurr
06-04-2011, 08:37 PM
I would be surprised if he gets back super quick. It all would depend on the inflammation around the joint. If the thing swells, it'll take time. I figure he's pumped with a corticosteroid.

Hitmen77
06-04-2011, 10:54 PM
Konerko likely out Sunday too::(:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/ct-spt-0605-bits-white-sox-tigers-chi20110604,0,488292.story

sox1970
06-05-2011, 09:47 AM
He's batting cleanup today.

spongyfungy
06-05-2011, 10:05 AM
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/breaking/cbsports-konerko-back-at-first-base-rios-out-for-sox-20110605,0,507539.story

Konerko is in. Rios out

LongLiveFisk
06-05-2011, 10:22 AM
Glad to see PK in the lineup today but hopefully he feels fine and is not being rushed back.

Gavin
06-05-2011, 11:02 AM
http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/0/3683/1105314-220px_fudgeatrium_super.jpg

He's Back.