PDA

View Full Version : Teahen back; McPherson DFA'd, clears waivers, sent down

kittle42
06-02-2011, 04:29 PM
Don't have a link other than Rotoworld, but that just happened.

Mohoney
06-02-2011, 04:37 PM
I was pretty sure that one of the 13 pitchers would go, but McPherson going away makes just as much sense since he wouldn't have been used at all.

I'm wondering how long the 13 man staff will last though.

sox1970
06-02-2011, 04:38 PM
If Teahen gets activated tomorrow, then I'm sure Marquez will be heading out again. He or Bruney.

Hitmen77
06-02-2011, 04:39 PM
Don't have a link other than Rotoworld, but that just happened.

McPherson was already taken off the 25 man roster to make way for one of 2 relievers that came up when Pena went on the DL.

Someone else still needs to be sent down to make way for Teahen, no?

Mohoney
06-02-2011, 04:43 PM
McPherson was already taken off the 25 man roster to make way for one of 2 relievers that came up when Pena went on the DL.

You're right. McPherson and Harrell were both sent down to make room for Bruney and Marquez. So either Bruney or Marquez will go.

DirtySox
06-02-2011, 04:45 PM

Correct. McPherson was DFAed a few days ago. Today, he did clear waivers though. Back to Charlotte.

thomas35forever
06-02-2011, 04:45 PM
You're right. McPherson and Harrell were both sent down to make room for Bruney and Marquez. So either Bruney or Marquez will go.
Maybe Bruney because of his outing on Tuesday?

Chez
06-02-2011, 04:57 PM
Maybe Bruney because of his outing on Tuesday?

I'd much rather have Bruney at the back of the bullpen than Marquez.

doublem23
06-02-2011, 04:58 PM
I was pretty sure that one of the 13 pitchers would go, but McPherson going away makes just as much sense since he wouldn't have been used at all.

I'm wondering how long the 13 man staff will last though.

The defensive flexibility we have with Lillibridge, Omar, and Teahen really help this 13 man, 6 starter pitching staff work right now. By my count, those three can play 11 different positions and cover the entire diamond except for C.

DumpJerry
06-02-2011, 04:59 PM
Why not Dunn?:tongue:

Mohoney
06-02-2011, 05:05 PM
The defensive flexibility we have with Lillibridge, Omar, and Teahen really help this 13 man, 6 starter pitching staff work right now. By my count, those three can play 11 different positions and cover the entire diamond except for C.

There's a math problem, though. Lillibridge, Teahen, Omar, and Castro all on the bench means that one of the pitchers still needs to go.

doublem23
06-02-2011, 05:11 PM
There's a math problem, though. Lillibridge, Teahen, Omar, and Castro all on the bench means that one of the pitchers still needs to go.

Oh yeah, nice catch. Marquez gone? I don't see what point he serves on this team.

kittle42
06-02-2011, 05:27 PM
Oops! I screwed up! :redface:

forrestg
06-02-2011, 06:42 PM
nothing like wasting an option on a promising minor leaguer bringing them up and then sending them back down. That is if they were promising when we recalled them.:bandance:

kittle42
06-02-2011, 07:06 PM
nothing like wasting an option on a promising minor leaguer bringing them up and then sending them back down. That is if they were promising when we recalled them.:bandance:
Well, since, in this case, the minor leaguer was in no way promising, we have nothing to worry about!

DSpivack
06-02-2011, 07:40 PM

1) McPherson is not really a promising minor leaguer so much as a failed prospect, from two other organizations, trying to make it in our system

2) The option lasts all year, so he could come back up

BringHomeDaBacon
06-02-2011, 07:53 PM
White Sox organizational depth: Lastings Milledge, Dallas McPherson and Jeff Marquez

fram40
06-02-2011, 07:56 PM
White Sox organizational depth: Lastings Milledge, Dallas McPherson and Jeff Marquez

at least all three are other team's failed prospects rather than White Sox failed prospects-to-be.

DSpivack
06-02-2011, 08:37 PM
at least all three are other team's failed prospects rather than White Sox failed prospects-to-be.

The first two certainly, but was Marquez every really a highly-acclaimed prospect?

DirtySox
06-02-2011, 08:42 PM
The first two certainly, but was Marquez every really a highly-acclaimed prospect?

Not at all.

DumpJerry
06-02-2011, 09:06 PM
At one point, long ago, he was the top pitching prospect in the Yankees' system.

BigKlu59
06-02-2011, 09:23 PM
At one point, long ago, he was the top pitching prospect in the Yankees' system.

Ya... I guess the Whitey fell off of his Ford... Pitching prospects are like rolling the dice at the tables in Vegas... Me thinks Bruney gets the bus ticket..

BK59

SBSoxFan
06-02-2011, 09:53 PM
What, no McPherson appreciation? Okay, I'll start.

Dallas, thank you for your first hit since 2008 that setup a win against Texas. At the time you were hitting 1.000. In addition, with that hit alone, you contributed more to the 2011 White Sox than Mark Teahen has all year.

TDog
06-03-2011, 01:21 AM
What, no McPherson appreciation? Okay, I'll start.

Dallas, thank you for your first hit since 2008 that setup a win against Texas. At the time you were hitting 1.000. In addition, with that hit alone, you contributed more to the 2011 White Sox than Mark Teahen has all year.

That isn't true. Teahen, before he started trying to play through his injury, was hitting well. He has played a pretty good third base and in three games as a DH, Teahen went 5 for 10 with a double and a home run. He was looking good as a left-handed DH and is 3 for 8 as a pinch-hitter this year. As for his dropping a fly ball in left, the Sox came back and won that game.

One thing I didn't know about the McPherson pinch-hitting appearance against Walden, the flame-throwing Angels closer, was that last year Walden was called up by the Angels after a series against the Sacramento River Cats, the team that McPherson was playing on at the time. Nobody I've talked to is sure if McPherson hit against Walden in the minors, however.