PDA

View Full Version : Negative Thread !

doublem23
06-02-2011, 03:54 PM
Just to provide proper counterbalance on the boards.

**** this team sucks.

FielderJones
06-02-2011, 04:00 PM
:threadblows:

miker
06-02-2011, 04:05 PM
Easily the most pointless and intellectually vacant thread started today. Is this a troll?

chisoxfanatic
06-02-2011, 04:08 PM
Doub deserves to be perma-banned, and this thread should go to the ****house.

Hitmen77
06-02-2011, 04:12 PM
Going with the negative theme for this thread: Three Sox players have made this "All-Disappointment Team" :party:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/joe_sheehan/06/02/all.disappointment.team/index.html?xid=cnnbin&hpt=hp_bn10

Dan H
06-02-2011, 04:16 PM
Perhaps negative thread is too strong a word. How about "objective thread?"

There is certainly nothing wrong with sweeping the Red Sox in Boston. Most everyone on the board thought a 5-5 road trip was what was realistic and needed. And the situation looks much better than it did after that disaster in Toronto.

But three games doesn't turn a season around. They took a big step in the right direction, but the Sox are still four under .500. I will really feel better when the team gets over that hump.

kittle42
06-02-2011, 04:18 PM
They took a big step in the right direction, but the Sox are still four under .500. I will really feel better when the team gets over that hump.

Early winner for most rational post of the day.

doublem23
06-02-2011, 04:29 PM
Going with the negative theme for this thread: Three Sox players have made this "All-Disappointment Team" :party:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/joe_sheehan/06/02/all.disappointment.team/index.html?xid=cnnbin&hpt=hp_bn10

Just trying to provide a proper balance for the boards here, so people don't get tempted to spoil the Positive Thread with the usual dark cloud crap-o-la.

But yeah, this team... still blows.

BigKlu59
06-02-2011, 04:31 PM
Best thing about the sweep was all of the crickets heard chirping in Bristol.... Funny that the sweep wasnt the lead story on the East Coast Sporting Propaganda Network...

Negative thread... Stop wearing the Black... Start wearing the pinstripe at home.. I gotta good feeling it will be a June to remember if they do..

BK59

Moses_Scurry
06-02-2011, 04:50 PM
Negative: I really, really hate Chris Bosh.

asindc
06-02-2011, 04:50 PM
Just trying to provide a proper balance for the boards here, so people don't get tempted to spoil the Positive Thread with the usual dark cloud crap-o-la.

But yeah, this team... still blows.

You really think we need another negative thread to provide "proper balance?":

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=128279

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=128257

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=128250

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=128237

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=128240

I think the 'Positive Thread' is much more needed at this point. Oh, BTW, the Sox had a better record than Cleveland in June. So there.:smile:

doublem23
06-02-2011, 04:56 PM
You really think we need another negative thread to provide "proper balance?":

And yet, posters were still soiling the Positive Thread with their rubbish. :dunno:

Options. You gotta give them options.

DirtySox
06-02-2011, 04:56 PM

There is certainly nothing wrong with sweeping the Red Sox in Boston. Most everyone on the board thought a 5-5 road trip was what was realistic and needed. And the situation looks much better than it did after that disaster in Toronto.

But three games doesn't turn a season around. They took a big step in the right direction, but the Sox are still four under .500. I will really feel better when the team gets over that hump.

Pretty much this. As sweet as sweeping Boston is I'm not buying in just yet. The odds are very much against this team winning the division. I'm still picking Detroit.

Ranger
06-02-2011, 05:03 PM

Can't disagree with that, though I truly believe Thornton's fortune would be much different now had it not been for the awful defense behind him.

TDog
06-02-2011, 05:05 PM

Objectively, I'm surprised only three players made the SI all-disappointment team. I would have added Danks, probably ahead of Thornton.

As far as turning the season around, objectively I thought that was done with the West Coast roadtrip, not the most recent roadtrip. Both looked like they could be killers on the schedule. The Sox aren't back to .500, but they are playing much better and have been for weeks. Things have sorted themselves out in the bullpen. Peavy is back in the rotation. I think the pitching finally is set up for the long haul this season. A couple hitters still need to pick it up offensively, but that could happen when summer arrives to Chicago.

doublem23
06-02-2011, 05:07 PM
Can't disagree with that, though I truly believe Thornton's fortune would be much different now had it not been for the awful defense behind him.

That's true, but as the author points out, Matt did himself no favors by walking everyone. His WHIP in April was over 2.5. That's crazy. Even in May, he posted a WHIP of 1.6.

asindc
06-02-2011, 05:09 PM
And yet, posters were still soiling the Positive Thread with their rubbish. :dunno:

Options. You gotta give them options.

LOL, fair enough. In that spirit, I will continue to counter balance: The Sox have gotten great contributions from some unlikely sources this year in Lillibridge, Humber, and Gray.

doublem23
06-02-2011, 05:10 PM
LOL, fair enough. In that spirit, I will continue to counter balance: The Sox have gotten great contributions from some unlikely sources this year in Lillibridge, Humber, and Gray.

Keep that **** out of my thread.

hi im skot
06-02-2011, 05:15 PM
Best thing about the sweep was all of the crickets heard chirping in Bristol.... Funny that the sweep wasnt the lead story on the East Coast Sporting Propaganda Network...

I just don't get this.

Look, I hate ESPN as much as the next guy, but let's take a step back. If the Red Sox had swept the series, it still wouldn't have been the lead story - we're talking about a (hypothetical) three game sweep of a non-division rival with a sub-500 record - not exactly the EPIC MATCH-UP that the mainstream media soils itself over.

Keep in mind that the NBA finals and Stanley Cup finals are going on right now, so it'd take a pretty extraordinary performance to see a lot of coverage on ESPN.

Not everyone is out to get the Sox.

chisoxfanatic
06-02-2011, 05:52 PM
Not to mention how great Paulie, TCQ, and TCM have been as well! :cool:

BringHomeDaBacon
06-02-2011, 05:58 PM
They're still worse than every team in the AL save KC, Minn and Balt. The last time I checked, they don't hand out awards for sweeping Boston.

chisoxfanatic
06-02-2011, 06:07 PM
They're still worse than every team in the AL save KC, Minn and Balt. The last time I checked, they don't hand out awards for sweeping Boston.
But, it does help close the gap and makes things look more respectable.

BigKlu59
06-02-2011, 06:08 PM
I just don't get this.

Look, I hate ESPN as much as the next guy, but let's take a step back. If the Red Sox had swept the series, it still wouldn't have been the lead story - we're talking about a (hypothetical) three game sweep of a non-division rival with a sub-500 record - not exactly the EPIC MATCH-UP that the mainstream media soils itself over.

Keep in mind that the NBA finals and Stanley Cup finals are going on right now, so it'd take a pretty extraordinary performance to see a lot of coverage on ESPN.

Not everyone is out to get the Sox.

I beg to differ... If the Carmines can be touted in the positive, they yap about them adnauseum.. If they had swept the Pale Hose and are at their mid-season joust with the Yankmees and staying in the hunt we'd be Peter Gammons to death..

BK59

voodoochile
06-02-2011, 06:09 PM

Completely and utterly wrong. In fact you've got it 100% the opposite of the actual truth which is that...

:threadsucks:

Hitmen77
06-02-2011, 10:13 PM

To counter counter balance: Gray was pretty good for us and then got DFA'd. He's now on the Mariners and we still have Pena.:peace:

Frater Perdurabo
06-02-2011, 11:45 PM
How's this for negativity: Mark Teahen is back.

HaroMaster87
06-03-2011, 12:06 AM

THANK GOD we didnt get a KW favorite Chone Figgins...ugh, now thats BAD...

LongLiveFisk
06-03-2011, 12:34 AM
I want my Diamond Sock back. :tantrum:

TommyGavinFloyd
06-03-2011, 12:40 AM
It's still on the black uniforms. WSI has to make up it's mind!

tstrike2000
06-03-2011, 08:44 AM
how's this for negativity: Mark teahen is back.

Boooo!

doublem23
06-03-2011, 09:19 AM
It's still on the black uniforms. WSI has to make up it's mind!

You can have a patch on more than 1 uniform.

chisoxfanatic
06-03-2011, 09:24 AM
I want my WS Champs patch back...It's been 5 years! :angry:

MARTINMVP
06-03-2011, 09:25 AM

this.

doublem23
06-03-2011, 09:27 AM
this.

So go to the ****ing positive thread.

We're 8 games behind the Indians. THE INDIANS.

delben91
06-03-2011, 09:52 AM

Every team in MLB is behind the Indians. THE INDIANS.

Procol Harum
06-03-2011, 09:54 AM
I'm ticked that Konerko didn't find me in the stands the last time I was there and bring me some complimentary churros--what's up with that!!?? And they call this a fan-friendly franchise???????? :angry:

doublem23
06-03-2011, 09:57 AM
Every team in MLB is behind the Indians. THE INDIANS.

Not every team is a week's worth of games behind the Tribe. Over 1/2 the American League is between us and them.

LongLiveFisk
06-03-2011, 10:41 AM
You can have a patch on more than 1 uniform.

Yes, and also you can have a patch on more than one sleeve. They put the Sox logo on the left sleeve in place of the Diamond Sock logo all the while leaving the right sleeve totally blank. That makes no sense to me.

Gavin
06-03-2011, 10:44 AM
Hawk is an idiot.

Hitmen77
06-03-2011, 12:30 PM

Which means we've gain zero games since we swept that short 2 game series from them two weeks ago.

Not every team is a week's worth of games behind the Tribe. Over 1/2 the American League is between us and them.

Too bad other teams' offenses don't realize they're supposed to be comatose until mid to late May.