PDA

View Full Version : next years all star game

oldcomiskey
07-08-2002, 09:28 PM
I was wondering--My daughter and I are planning a trip to next years game--is the derby included in the ticket price

LongDistanceFan
07-08-2002, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by oldcomiskey
I was wondering--My daughter and I are planning a trip to next years game--is the derby included in the ticket price i wonder if there would be one.........

oldcomiskey
07-08-2002, 09:49 PM
if there is gonna be one am I gonna have to buy two sets of tickets

LongDistanceFan
07-08-2002, 09:51 PM
if there is gonna be one am I gonna have to buy two sets of tickets where is the game?

Daver
07-08-2002, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by LongDistanceFan
where is the game?

Comiskey Park.

Jerry_Manuel
07-08-2002, 09:52 PM
where is the game?

Comiskey, which means the strike will wipe it out.

oldcomiskey
07-08-2002, 09:53 PM
IF there is one Im gonna ask again--would I have to buy two sets of tickets

Daver
07-08-2002, 09:55 PM

This year they were offered to the season ticket holders at Miller Park as a package,you got the future's game the Derby and the AS Game included,it is up to the facility that is selling the tickets.

CerberusWG
07-08-2002, 09:55 PM
Probably yes, this is Baseball.

And we all know how MLB is in dep doo doo! Just ask Forbes!

Jerry_Manuel
07-08-2002, 09:56 PM

I would think so. I'm guessing the ticket for the game itself would be a lot more than for the derby. So I'm sure it's one ticket for Monday's derby and one ticket for Tuesday's game.

Call the Sox and find out to be sure.

LongDistanceFan
07-08-2002, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by CerberusWG
Probably yes, this is Baseball.

And we all know how MLB is in dep doo doo! Just ask Forbes! brought up an interesting thought, forbes comes out with the sports edition of the value of all clubs in all sports...... did anyone seen this yr or what.

CerberusWG
07-08-2002, 10:00 PM
Last year Forbes said that MLB actually made money, contrary to what Mr. Used Car Salesman Selig told Congress.

nut_stock
07-08-2002, 10:03 PM
What's the FACE value on A.S tickets?

Chisox_cali
07-08-2002, 10:31 PM
We all know the most important part of next years all-star game is what humorous names are the celebrity soft-ball teams going to have. :D:

kermittheefrog
07-09-2002, 12:15 AM
It'll be up to the Sox. I went to the Allstar game in Atlanta because the Braves put a bunch of tickets on sale online to the public. Milwaukee did a raffle for opportunity to buy tickets. Always up to the host.

Lip Man 1
07-09-2002, 12:23 AM
I wouldn't bet on their being a game in New Comiskey Park next season!

If there is, wouldn't it be a riot if the place was only half filled! Talk about an embarassment for Sox ownership.

Ah well, we can dream can't we?

Lip

doublem23
07-09-2002, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
I wouldn't bet on their being a game in New Comiskey Park next season!

If there is, wouldn't it be a riot if the place was only half filled! Talk about an embarassment for Sox ownership.

Ah well, we can dream can't we?

Lip

Ah yes, classic Lip Man. Rooting for the Sox to lose and then feeling happy when it becomes a reality.

Chisox_cali
07-09-2002, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by doublem23

Ah yes, classic Lip Man. Rooting for the Sox to lose and then feeling happy when it becomes a reality.

Wasn't it troll-like statements like that that got him banned the first time?

Daver
07-09-2002, 01:07 AM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali

Wasn't it troll-like statements like that that got him banned the first time?

Yes.

Chisox_cali
07-09-2002, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by daver

Yes.

Just checking....

steff
07-09-2002, 08:54 AM

This year they were offered to the season ticket holders at Miller Park as a package,you got the future's game the Derby and the AS Game included,it is up to the facility that is selling the tickets.

Yep.. they were offered, but each event is a separate cost. Derby tickets for last night were $75, and the tickets we have for tonight were $175 face. Didn't go Sunday, so don't know about those.

steff
07-09-2002, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by nut_stock
What's the FACE value on A.S tickets?

Depends where you sit.

whitesoxwilkes
07-09-2002, 09:05 AM
Sunday's were $25 or $50. But you didn;t miss much.

LongDistanceFan
07-09-2002, 09:39 AM

Yes. if he was banned before, why is he back??? i saw several of his post yesterday and i was wondering if i missed something.

Fisk72
07-09-2002, 10:37 AM
You know, last night I was thinking about how the homerun derby will be next year (pending if a strike doesn't wipe out the game). Anywho, I'm thinking it's not gonna be that great just because we don't have any upper deck seats in the outfield. How fun will it be to see them hitting the gazillion scoreboards everytime? Or hitting cars on the Dan Ryan. Maybe that would be somewhat entertaining. Too bad that rightfield porch idea fell through, eh?

Chisox_cali
07-09-2002, 03:40 PM
if he was banned before, why is he back??? i saw several of his post yesterday and i was wondering if i missed something.

I was as confused as you, I thought when your banned, your banned... :?:

ode to veeck
07-09-2002, 05:30 PM
Comiskey, which means the strike will wipe it out

remember the mail in lottery for the all-star tix for the 50th anniversary game?

If not the strike, at least JR will pull another insult to the fans and only sell all-star seats to season tix holders and buyers of large tix plans or just charge $150 or similar a seat like he does for the flubbies series ...

Bucktown
07-09-2002, 05:34 PM
This year you could buy a strip, which gave you a seat to each even (Futures Game, HR Derby, All-star game and FanFest) or you could buy individual tickets. The strips mainly went to the season ticket holders.