PDA

View Full Version : Schedule

LITTLE NELL
06-01-2011, 01:56 PM
The Sox today are playing a game for the 20th straight day.
I thought there was a rule in place that a team could not go more than 16 games without an off day. What gives?

sox1970
06-01-2011, 02:25 PM
I thought there was a rule in place that a team could not go more than 16 games without an off day. What gives?

The rule is 20 days in a row. If they had to make up a game that would exceed that, then it would need to be approved by the teams.

hawkjt
06-01-2011, 04:17 PM
I looked at that schedule (58 games in 62 days) to start the season and I knew it was messed up. The Indians have played 6 less games than the Sox as we sit. Again,the computer has a default setting whenever it gets funky,and it goes to the Sox....like the old commercial...''let the Sox eat it,the Sox will eat anything''.

It is insane to have 58 games in the first 62 days in the cold months then 104 games over the last 120,giving an average of 4 days off/month the warm months when fans actually want to go to games.:angry:

PeteWard
06-01-2011, 04:19 PM

Yes the schedule is bad but I think now the Sox will take advantage of all those road games evening out to much less travel.

PeteWard
06-01-2011, 04:20 PM
I looked at that schedule (58 games in 62 days) to start the season and I knew it was messed up. The Indians have played 6 less games than the Sox as we sit. Again,the computer has a default setting whenever it gets funky,and it goes to the Sox....like the old commercial...''let the Sox eat it,the Sox will eat anything''.

It is insane to have 58 games in the first 62 days in the cold months then 104 games over the last 120,giving an average of 4 days off/month the warm months when fans actually want to go to games.:angry:

Most of those Indian games were rained out and I am hopeful those make-ups will be losses.

chisoxfanatic
06-01-2011, 04:25 PM
Most of those Indian games were rained out and I am hopeful those make-ups will be losses.
Have they been re-scheduled? I'd imagine they'll have a nice amount of double-headers in there, which could tire their rotation!

Zakath
06-01-2011, 09:11 PM

That's the second 20-game stretch this season. The first one went from April 15-May 4. The first stretch had an 11-game road trip in the middle, while this one started with 3 at Oakland and finished with 10 straight on the road.

After this, the longest stretch of consecutive days are two 17-game stretches. The first is July 29 - August 14, where 10 of those are at home (3 vs. Bos, 4 vs. NYY, 3 @ Min, 4 @ Bal, 3 vs. KC), while the second is September 2-18, where 10 of those are on the road (3 @ Det, 3 @Min, 4 vs. Cle, 3 vs. Det, 4 @ KC).

Tragg
06-01-2011, 09:29 PM
The schedule works to our advantage the rest of the way. Let Cleveland come back to us.

Soxfest
06-02-2011, 11:56 AM
The schedule works to our advantage the rest of the way. Let Cleveland come back to us.

I love schedule rest of the way!

JB98
06-02-2011, 12:27 PM
The Sox have already gotten a lot of the tough road trips out of the way.

They've played in New York, Boston, Tampa and Toronto.

They've played in all four AL West cities already.

The majority of the remaining road games are in the Central time zone, against division opponents. It comes down to beating your own division, an area where the Sox struggled last year and have struggled this year in limited sample size.

Even with four wins over Cleveland, the Sox are 5-7 against Central foes so far this year.

Zakath
06-02-2011, 08:24 PM
The Sox have already gotten a lot of the tough road trips out of the way.

They've played in New York, Boston, Tampa and Toronto.

They've played in all four AL West cities already.

The majority of the remaining road games are in the Central time zone, against division opponents. It comes down to beating your own division, an area where the Sox struggled last year and have struggled this year in limited sample size.

Even with four wins over Cleveland, the Sox are 5-7 against Central foes so far this year.

Outside of the three trips to NL parks (Arizona, Chicago, Colorado) the Sox only have three series left on the road vs. teams not in the Central, and they're all in August: 4 at Baltimore, 2 at LA, and 3 at Seattle.

So of the 46 remaining road games, 28 are against the Central.

Of the remaining 58 home games, 6 are against the NL (Cubs, Nationals), 10 are against the West (Seattle for 3 and Oakland for 4 in this homestand, and Texas for 3 in mid-August), 10 are against the East (Boston for 3 at end of July, New York for 4 in early August, and Toronto for 3 to end the season), and 32 are against the Central.

Grand total: Of the 104 games left, 60 are in division.

BigKlu59
06-02-2011, 08:35 PM
Outside of the three trips to NL parks (Arizona, Chicago, Colorado) the Sox only have three series left on the road vs. teams not in the Central, and they're all in August: 4 at Baltimore, 2 at LA, and 3 at Seattle.

So of the 46 remaining road games, 28 are against the Central.

Of the remaining 58 home games, 6 are against the NL (Cubs, Nationals), 10 are against the West (Seattle for 3 and Oakland for 4 in this homestand, and Texas for 3 in mid-August), 10 are against the East (Boston for 3 at end of July, New York for 4 in early August, and Toronto for 3 to end the season), and 32 are against the Central.

Grand total: Of the 104 games left, 60 are in division.

Way hey... They weathered the storm and are still bobbing on the waves... a wee bit off course,but can get this ship into port if they mend the sails and pick up a strong sea breeze... Works for me.. Gotta do the damage in the Central. 60 games ,eh? Anybody for a .700 clip the rest of the way home?...

BK59

billyvsox
06-03-2011, 12:13 PM
Way hey... They weathered the storm and are still bobbing on the waves... a wee bit off course,but can get this ship into port if they mend the sails and pick up a strong sea breeze... Works for me.. Gotta do the damage in the Central. 60 games ,eh? Anybody for a .700 clip the rest of the way home?...

BK59

When you look at the schedule played so far and what is left, it really makes 27-31 at this point seem not so bad. Only the fact that Cleveland s the only team in the AL over .600 makes its seem more dire, but they will come back to the pack.

I like to evaluate the standings by taking road wins minus home losses for a truer evaluation taking home/road into account.

Cleveland is +7
Sox are +4
Tigers are +1
Minnesota is -3
Kansas City is -9 (they are only around .500 due to tons of home games)

Make no mistake, the Sox are in this thing now!! gotta do some serious winning at home