PDA

View Full Version : The Derby

Soxheads
07-08-2002, 07:00 PM
How many homers do you think Konerko will hit?

CiscoCarlos
07-08-2002, 07:09 PM
Five.

Soxheads
07-08-2002, 07:11 PM
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say 8.

Soxheads
07-08-2002, 07:13 PM
That's 1!

Jjav829
07-08-2002, 07:15 PM
Hes got 5 so far!

Soxheads
07-08-2002, 07:16 PM
At six with 6 outs!

jklm
07-08-2002, 07:16 PM
Go Paulie!

kevingrt
07-08-2002, 07:17 PM
It seems like he is a veteran taking pitches...

Soxheads
07-08-2002, 07:17 PM
6 in the first round. Pretty good for Paulie.

Jjav829
07-08-2002, 07:18 PM
He had 3 that were really close. He could have had 9 easily.

jklm
07-08-2002, 07:21 PM
As a line drive hitter, he is doing great in the derby.

Soxheads
07-08-2002, 07:31 PM
Sexson also has six.

Spiff
07-08-2002, 08:06 PM
Sosa hit 12 but then again every day is a homerun derby for The Human Caricature.

Chisox_cali
07-08-2002, 08:07 PM
OH MY GOD!!! Does anyone else notice that it looks like the tattoo Giambi had on his right arm is being removed?!?!? You could see it so clearly in the derby last year, it was a tribal design, don't tell me he got it removed because he's on the Yankees. If that is tru I have No Respect for him. That's Bull ****, you get a tattoo you get it for life. I remember in an interview in ST they were talking about Giambi cutting his hair and shaving his goatee, and I do remember him saying something to the extent of "Yeah...but my Tatoo is still here."

idseer
07-08-2002, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali
OH MY GOD!!! Does anyone else notice that it looks like the tattoo Giambi had on his right arm is being removed?!?!? You could see it so clearly in the derby last year, it was a tribal design, don't tell me he got it removed because he's on the Yankees. If that is tru I have No Respect for him. That's Bull ****, you get a tattoo you get it for life. I remember in an interview in ST they were talking about Giambi cutting his hair and shaving his goatee, and I do remember him saying something to the extent of "Yeah...but my Tatoo is still here."

wow! i had no idea tatoos were that big a deal.

Chisox_cali
07-08-2002, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by idseer

wow! i had no idea tatoos were that big a deal.

I just saying that if he got it removed because he's a member of the Yankee's than that is just horrible, if he removed for other reasons than it's a little bit better. I think that it's bull that you have to change things about you just to join a team. He had to cut his hair, shave his goatee, and not ride his motorcycle to the park. I'm surprised that Weaver still has kind of long hair, I'm sre it'll be all gona when the second half comes.

voodoochile
07-08-2002, 08:24 PM

I just saying that if he got it removed because he's a member of the Yankee's than that is just horrible, if he removed for other reasons than it's a little bit better. I think that it's bull that you have to change things about you just to join a team. He had to cut his hair, shave his goatee, and not ride his motorcycle to the park. I'm surprised that Weaver still has kind of long hair, I'm sre it'll be all gona when the second half comes.

How many biker ball players do you think would trade their long hair and almost anything else to win a couple of championships? Crap they could shave me bald and make me wear a dress if it meant a ring or two...

Chisox_cali
07-08-2002, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile

How many biker ball players do you think would trade their long hair and almost anything else to win a couple of championships? Crap they could shave me bald and make me wear a dress if it meant a ring or two...

I'm just saying in general, I don't think you should have to change yourself to please anybody else, not just in baseball.

voodoochile
07-08-2002, 08:33 PM

I'm just saying in general, I don't think you should have to change yourself to please anybody else, not just in baseball.

Sometimes those things are "rites of initiation". They are done to or by a new member to show they are now on the same page and part of the "fraternity". It brings a group together and gives them a sense of cohesiveness and direction. I seriously doubt the Yankees made him remove his tatoo, but maybe Giambi decided he liked the new clean cut look and decided to take it one step further. Heck a player like that could have endorsement deals galore in a city like NY and there are models everywhere. Jeter is constantly dating them and he is hardly an image of a gangbanger. Maybe Giambi decided to take a page from that book and see where it takes him. Not like he can't have the thing put back on if he wants it later...

CiscoCarlos
07-08-2002, 08:35 PM
Boy, would it ever be great if Konerko beats Sammy in the second round. Probably, too much to ask for but at least he beat Bonds!

Chisox_cali
07-08-2002, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile

Sometimes those things are "rites of initiation". They are done to or by a new member to show they are now on the same page and part of the "fraternity". It brings a group together and gives them a sense of cohesiveness and direction. I seriously doubt the Yankees made him remove his tatoo, but maybe Giambi decided he liked the new clean cut look and decided to take it one step further. Heck a player like that could have endorsement deals galore in a city like NY and there are models everywhere. Jeter is constantly dating them and he is hardly an image of a gangbanger. Maybe Giambi decided to take a page from that book and see where it takes him. Not like he can't have the thing put back on if he wants it later...

Well that's his decision, I personally don't agree with it, but hey I can't control everyone.......yet :D:

Also PAULIE made it to round two!!! :gulp:

Spiff
07-08-2002, 08:43 PM
Wait are we just discovering that Giambi is a tool?

Jerry_Manuel
07-08-2002, 08:55 PM
That sucks. Swing off? Piss off!

It was like watching Foulke trot out there, you'd knew Giambi would hit one.

FanOf14
07-08-2002, 09:14 PM
It just kinda stinks that his bat broke when it did - if it didn't it would have been outta here and they would have been up there for the second round of OT.

LongDistanceFan
07-08-2002, 09:24 PM
OH MY GOD!!! Does anyone else notice that it looks like the tattoo Giambi had on his right arm is being removed?!?!? You could see it so clearly in the derby last year, it was a tribal design, don't tell me he got it removed because he's on the Yankees. If that is tru I have No Respect for him. That's Bull ****, you get a tattoo you get it for life. I remember in an interview in ST they were talking about Giambi cutting his hair and shaving his goatee, and I do remember him saying something to the extent of "Yeah...but my Tatoo is still here." maybe he just got tired of it.......

LongDistanceFan
07-08-2002, 09:25 PM

I just saying that if he got it removed because he's a member of the Yankee's than that is just horrible, if he removed for other reasons than it's a little bit better. I think that it's bull that you have to change things about you just to join a team. He had to cut his hair, shave his goatee, and not ride his motorcycle to the park. I'm surprised that Weaver still has kind of long hair, I'm sre it'll be all gona when the second half comes. how can you even say something that no-one knows the reason for his doing anything.

Chisox_cali
07-08-2002, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by LongDistanceFan
how can you even say something that no-one knows the reason for his doing anything.

Well I don't know about the tat I was just making an assumption, but the Hair and goatee were because the yankees told him to, Beards and Long hair aren't allowed in their organization I guess.

HawkDJ
07-08-2002, 10:38 PM
Well after watching that I'm convinced Sammy doesn't take steroids

nut_stock
07-08-2002, 10:47 PM

Well I don't know about the tat I was just making an assumption, but the Hair and goatee were because the yankees told him to, Beards and Long hair aren't allowed in their organization I guess.

Perhaps being a complete fat-ass isn't allowed either as Boomer looks to have lost some weight.