PDA

View Full Version : White Sox Team Batting vs. Lefties

TomBradley72
05-30-2011, 10:26 AM
I strongly believe it's time to call up Viciedo (hit .360 in May, w/1.045 OPS)- if for no other reason- than to help our line up vs. lefties. I'd play him at DH vs. lefties, plus 1-2/week to rest Quentin. Lillibridge (.296) needs to get time at 2nd (Beckham hitting .128 vs. LH) ,SS (Ramirez hitting .202) and 3rd (Morel hitting .167). Time to put Castro (.258) in as full platoon vs. LHs (AJ hitting .136)

White Sox team batting vs. lefties:

45 runs scored (last in the AL)
.302 OBP (13th in AL)
.322 Slugging (last in AL)
.227 batting avg. (last in AL)
Of course if Lillibridge and Castro are part of the answer and you need a AAA call up to help at DH because your $15M free agent is batting .000 vs. lefties in late May- maybe this team just sucks.

billcissell
05-30-2011, 11:54 AM
Maybe if the big slug they signed during the off-season to the tune of $56 mil over 4 years starts to hit lefties, hell starts to hit off anybody, this team wouldn't suck quite so bad.

Rios owes Dunn big time. He's been nothing short of awful so far, but his crappy performance isn't quite as bad as #32.

Maybe Guillen's little tirade is his way off taking focus and pressure off the players.

I'm not sure what he's supposed to do. Their offense is terrible, their defense is below average, they don't run, can't bunt, can't throw out the other guys when they run, and the bullpen is inconsistent.

Other than that, we look pretty good. At this rate we finish in 4th, ahead of the Twins, 20 games back.

Disgraceful considering our payroll.

sunofgold
05-31-2011, 02:30 PM
Or something similar. I would bench Dunn against lefty starters and put Quentin at DH, Lilli B at RF. Probaby Vizquel at 3rd, but Morel is OK.

eriqjaffe
05-31-2011, 02:56 PM
At this rate we finish in 4th, ahead of the Twins, 20 games back.At least we finish ahead of the Twins!

JermaineDye05
05-31-2011, 02:56 PM
Maybe if the big slug they signed during the off-season to the tune of $56 mil over 4 years starts to hit lefties, hell starts to hit off anybody, this team wouldn't suck quite so bad.

Rios owes Dunn big time. He's been nothing short of awful so far, but his crappy performance isn't quite as bad as #32.

Maybe Guillen's little tirade is his way off taking focus and pressure off the players.

I'm not sure what he's supposed to do. Their offense is terrible, their defense is below average, they don't run, can't bunt, can't throw out the other guys when they run, and the bullpen is inconsistent.

Other than that, we look pretty good. At this rate we finish in 4th, ahead of the Twins, 20 games back.

Disgraceful considering our payroll.

I think his performance has been worse actually.

Dunn has actually driven in some runs.

Rios still only has 13.

Where one is striking out a ton, the other is grounding out to 3rd and SS almost every at-bat.