PDA

View Full Version : Steroids poll

danman31
07-08-2002, 06:51 PM
An interesting poll taken by USA Today. (http://espn.go.com/mlb/news/2002/0707/1403100.html) I really hope they test for steroids, it can help to clean up the game.

ISUSoxfan
07-08-2002, 09:20 PM
In a related story, Sosa just advanced to the finals of the HR derby.
:nandrolone

LongDistanceFan
07-08-2002, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by ISUSoxfan
In a related story, Sosa just advanced to the finals of the HR derby.
:nandrolone hey got tired of posting about the evil union???? :D:

pauliemvp
07-08-2002, 09:32 PM
I agree that players should be tested. However, I hope that the results are kept confidential. Although by now I am older and jaded, there are a lot of kids that look up to these guys. If these kids were to find out that there hero was on the juice it could crush them.

LongDistanceFan
07-08-2002, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by pauliemvp
I agree that players should be tested. However, I hope that the results are kept confidential. Although by now I am older and jaded, there are a lot of kids that look up to these guys. If these kids were to find out that there hero was on the juice it could crush them. no-way it should be kept confidential, as i once asked, with mark mac acknowledgment that he was on roids, should there be an asterisk with his name with something saying drug enhance aided......... something like they have in track with the wind aided sprint events.

Chisox_cali
07-08-2002, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by LongDistanceFan
no-way it should be kept confidential, as i once asked, with mark mac acknowledgment that he was on roids, should there be an asterisk with his name with something saying drug enhance aided......... something like they have in track with the wind aided sprint events.

Man can you imagine the reaction if Sham-ME tested positive? I bet the Cubune Main Story would be about how much of a cancer David Wells is on the Sox Clubhouse or something.

Jerry_Manuel
07-08-2002, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by pauliemvp
I agree that players should be tested. However, I hope that the results are kept confidential.

What's the point of testing then? The whole idea of this is to show the public that the players are clean. If only the player, team doctors, and the league know, that doesn't help anyone.

Prof.Redass
07-08-2002, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

What's the point of testing then? The whole idea of this is to show the public that the players are clean. If only the player, team doctors, and the league know, that doesn't help anyone.

Bingo,if they test positive tar and feather them and run them out of the sport,for the good of the game.

nut_stock
07-08-2002, 10:23 PM
The thing that sucks, is former players who used them and got away with them. We'll never know FOR SURE if Big Mac was on the juice.

MikeKreevich
07-09-2002, 08:25 AM
Keep in mind that drugs don't stay in your system forever. If MLB implements a drug testing policy, someone who was using but stopped in time could come up negative.
Being the gym rat that I am, I've seen users and read enough muscle magazines to recognize the steriod look. Sammy looked more juiced a year or two ago, he may have cut back. He used to display the chip monk cheek look and I don't see that anymore.
Does anyone remember the story about some friend of Sammies getting caught with steriods? I've forgotten the details.

LongDistanceFan
07-09-2002, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by Guzman's Goat
Keep in mind that drugs don't stay in your system forever. If MLB implements a drug testing policy, someone who was using but stopped in time could come up negative.
Being the gym rat that I am, I've seen users and read enough muscle magazines to recognize the steriod look. Sammy looked more juiced a year or two ago, he may have cut back. He used to display the chip monk cheek look and I don't see that anymore.
Does anyone remember the story about some friend of Sammies getting caught with steriods? I've forgotten the details. but at the same time i bet his power demo of hitting the hrs will be reduce as well............