PDA

View Full Version : Move Danks to the bullpen?

thomas35forever
05-29-2011, 03:24 PM
We're going back to the regular five-man rotation soon. Danks is 0-8 and this latest outing can't be helping his already shaken confidence. He needs to move into long relief to find himself again.

sox1970
05-29-2011, 03:27 PM
Jackson should for now.

soltrain21
05-29-2011, 03:28 PM
Trade him. Team is going nowhere, anyway. Might as well get something before he walks.

He is obviously better than 0-8, but he never turned that corner we thought he would. And it seems he won't do it here.

chisoxfanatic
05-29-2011, 03:31 PM
Jackson should for now.
I'd feel more confident in Jackson than Danks. Danks seems as snake-bitten on the mound as Dunn is at the plate. It's scary.

thomas35forever
05-29-2011, 03:33 PM
Trade him. Team is going nowhere, anyway. Might as well get something before he walks.

He is obviously better than 0-8, but he never turned that corner we thought he would. And it seems he won't do it here.
That 0-8 record is only hurting his trade value. Unless you'd be happy with getting a single-A player likely never to sniff the Majors in return, all we can do is hold onto him until he makes a few respectable appearances.

chisoxfanatic
05-29-2011, 03:34 PM
That 0-8 record is only hurting his trade value. Unless you'd be happy with getting a single-A player likely never to sniff the Majors in return, all we can do is hold onto him until he makes a few respectable appearances.
If he's a pitcher, Coop will fix him. :wink:

sox1970
05-29-2011, 03:34 PM
I'd feel more confident in Jackson than Danks. Danks seems as snake-bitten on the mound as Dunn is at the plate. It's scary.

If the Sox are going to get back in it, they're going to need Danks' potential a lot more than Jackson's career-long inconsistency.

Plus if the Sox fall out of it, he'll have more trade value if he puts up some good starts before the break.

soltrain21
05-29-2011, 03:35 PM

Whatever we would get for him wouldn't pan out anyway, so does it matter if it's a major league ready player that we see fail immediately or an A ballplayer who ultimately doesn't pan out in a few years?

thomas35forever
05-29-2011, 03:39 PM
Whatever we would get for him wouldn't pan out anyway, so does it matter if it's a major league ready player that we see fail immediately or an A ballplayer who ultimately doesn't pan out in a few years?
I don't expect to get a Major League player in return. In fact, I don't think I even WANT one. We need to build for the future as I've all but lost hope in this season. At least try to land a slightly above prospect or two. Let Danks stay here and build his value back up so that he can equal that worth.

asindc
05-29-2011, 09:38 PM
Danks should, but his agent would vow retribution on the Sox.