PDA

View Full Version : *Official* 5/29 Toronto Must Be Awesome Postgame Thread

LongLiveFisk
05-29-2011, 03:43 PM
To beat the white hot White Sox 3 out of 4 this weekend. :mad:

Move along, nothing to see here.

MtGrnwdSoxFan
05-29-2011, 03:45 PM
As Doub likes to say...love the Sox, hate this team.

I'm curious as to how Ozzie is going to spin this one and blame us, the paying customer, for this somehow.

soltrain21
05-29-2011, 03:45 PM
Fire and trade this clownshow of a team. Especially Ozzie. Double fire him if possible.

JB98
05-29-2011, 03:47 PM
At least Harrell ate up the garbage-time innings.

*** is wrong with Danks? Wow, did he get lit up.

I'm sure it will get better in Boston.

DickAllen72
Ozzie sure knows how to light a fire under his players. That's one of his strengths you know, motivating his players and taking the pressure off of them and redirecting it on himself.

And Walker still is an excellent hitting coach.......

(Do I really need to use teal?)

Rikirk
So, should I hang up my cap for this season, or will there be something to cheer about by the time September rolls around?

Soxfest
05-29-2011, 03:49 PM
Death, taxes and lose 3 of 4 at Toronto............Ho Hum.

Viva Medias B's
05-29-2011, 03:50 PM
SkyDome = Metrodome East

ViPeRx007
05-29-2011, 03:50 PM
Man, I really wish I had JR money. You know, where you can just spend millions, get basically nothing back in return and just continue to watch it getting worse day after day, all the while doing nothing about it.

If it were me I'd be going crazy right about now, but again, I don't have that kind of money to just throw away either.

ViPeRx007
05-29-2011, 03:52 PM
At least Harrell ate up the garbage-time innings.

*** is wrong with Danks? Wow, did he get lit up.

I'm sure it will get better in Boston.

Maybe he's protesting his brother not making the team?

DickAllen72
05-29-2011, 03:53 PM
Man, I really wish I had JR money. You know, where you can just spend millions, get basically nothing back in return and just continue to watch it getting worse day after day, all the while doing nothing about it.

If it were me I'd be going crazy right about now, but again, I don't have that kind of money to just throw away either.
Fans should stop giving JR their hard earned money until he does something about this train wreck like:

:fireozzie

billyvsox
05-29-2011, 03:54 PM
Fire and trade this clownshow of a team. Especially Ozzie. Double fire him if possible.

Make him resign and then fire him too.

Hitmen77
05-29-2011, 03:56 PM
You mean the Sox dropped 3 in a row after winning the 1st game of this series? I'm just shocked! I didn't expect that outcome at all.

Time for Ozzie to insult us paying customers some more. That really helped fire up this team today.

Soxfest
05-29-2011, 03:58 PM
You mean the Sox dropped 3 in a row after winning the 1st game of this series? I'm just shocked! I didn't expect that outcome at all.

Time for Ozzie to insult us paying customers some more. That really helped fire up this team today.
Love the passion, pride, tradition icons.:D:

aryzner
05-29-2011, 03:59 PM
The Chicago White Sox make me want to vomit in terror.

Over By There
05-29-2011, 03:59 PM
I've been in the "polyanna" camp, but even I am losing patience. I turned the game off even though I had little else better to do. When fans start to get disinterested (as opposed to just frustrated), that's a bad sign. It's the end of May, I think it's time for a shakeup.

LongLiveFisk
05-29-2011, 04:03 PM
I've been in the "polyanna" camp, but even I am losing patience. I turned the game off even though I had little else better to do. When fans start to get disinterested (as opposed to just frustrated), that's a bad sign. It's the end of May, I think it's time for a shakeup.

Well, I believe about a month ago or so, someone put up a poll here on WSI as to whether it was time to fire Ozzie (or was it fire Walker?) and many people voted to wait until Memorial Day to see if the team had improved by then. And look what the calendar says.

This doesn't mean a change will be made, but it does mean that fans are at the end of their rope with this crap.

Woofer
05-29-2011, 04:06 PM
Maybe it is time for Danks to come down with an infected toenail or something else fictional like that and move him to the 15 day DL. Although he has pitched well enough to be at least be a .500 pitcher this year, he is the weak link in the rotation right now. After yesterdays bullpen taxing travisshamamockery, we needed a strong outing from him today and he crapped the bed.

This has been a very frustrating and disappointing road trip, and I think it is answering the question of just who this 2011 Sox team is.

WhiteSox5187
05-29-2011, 04:06 PM
We're a bad team. Simple as that.

SouthSideMike
05-29-2011, 04:20 PM
Ah, the classic lose 3 of 4 in Toronto. Never gets old.

chisoxfanatic
05-29-2011, 04:24 PM
I'm thinking of walking down to the ballpark and ripping down that "All In" sign on the pedestrian bridge that crosses 35th Street. Is there anyone either in or near Bridgeport who wants to help?

ChiSoxGirl
05-29-2011, 04:31 PM
Ah, the classic lose 3 of 4 in Toronto. Never gets old.

The Sox have now dropped 22 of their last 29 against the Blue Jays.

chisoxfanatic
05-29-2011, 04:32 PM
Is that altogether or just in Toronto? Regardless, that's a pretty scary stat! :o:

ChiSoxGirl
05-29-2011, 04:35 PM
Is that altogether or just in Toronto? Regardless, that's a pretty scary stat! :o:

Altogether. They've dropped 15 of their last 18 in Toronto.

tstrike2000
05-29-2011, 04:36 PM
Wow was Danks terrible. Always good to lose 5 out of 7 and then go to Boston to play a hot Red Sox team. Would not be surprised if we get swept.

Brewski
05-29-2011, 04:39 PM
Wow was Danks terrible. Always good to lose 5 out of 7 and then go to Boston to play a hot Red Sox team. Would not be surprised if we get swept.

Dunn can't get a hit = Fire Walker.
Why not:
Danks can't get an out = Fire Cooper.
Well?

BainesHOF
05-29-2011, 04:40 PM
Kudos to Quentin for making a diving catch on the turf late in the blowout. That told me a lot about him.

Ozzie's pregame tirade told me a lot about him. He looked like an idiot in the footage played on Comcast.

LongLiveFisk
05-29-2011, 04:46 PM

And I am pretty sure they will be facing Wakefield. I can see lots of strikeouts happening.

SouthSideMike
05-29-2011, 04:49 PM

Toronto is just one of those teams that always has their number, especially when they play north of the border. I hate that ballpark too with that crappy artificial surface. Can you imagine playing on that surface for 81 games like the Toronto players do? Their knees must be jello by the time they leave the team.

chisoxfanatic
05-29-2011, 04:51 PM
Toronto is just one of those teams that always has their number, especially when they play north of the border. I hate that ballpark too with that crappy artificial surface. Can you imagine playing on that surface for 81 games like the Toronto players do? Their knees must be jello by the time they leave the team.
I travel to Toronto probably more than anyone else here, and I still refuse to go there (been there once, won't go again).

Frater Perdurabo
05-29-2011, 04:58 PM
Dunn can't get a hit = Fire Walker.
Why not:
Danks can't get an out = Fire Cooper.
Well?

Cooper has a long track record of getting may pitchers to improve their performance, despite the Sox pitching in a good hitters park.

Walker has a long track record of seeing hitters he coaches hit poorly, despite the Sox playing in a good hitters park.

LongLiveFisk
05-29-2011, 04:58 PM
I travel to Toronto probably more than anyone else here, and I still refuse to go there (been there once, won't go again).

Their fans seem totally obnoxious to me. I don't know if it's because they have sparse crowds and you can hear individual loudmouths yelling or what, but they just annoy the hell out of me.

chisoxfanatic
05-29-2011, 05:06 PM
Their fans seem totally obnoxious to me. I don't know if it's because they have sparse crowds and you can hear individual loudmouths yelling or what, but they just annoy the hell out of me.
Their fans are either like Cubs fans or are bandwagoners. I would say that the Toronto fanbase is one of the least hardcore out there. Most people I know up there would rather see Team Canada succeed than any of their Toronto teams. The pinnacle of sports to every Canadian I have met is Olympic hockey gold. But, that's one huge difference between most Americans and Canadians. Most Americans (at least ones from metropolitan areas) tend to have more civic pride, while Canadians tend to have more national pride.

Soxman219
05-29-2011, 06:12 PM
You guys are idiots! It's not Ozzie's or Walker's fault that our team is terrible. IT'S THE FANS FAULT! We're the reason the team is underachieving this year! We're the reason that the team doesn't get clutch hits. Wake up and bow to King Ozzie, he'll lead us through the darkness :worship:.

Jerko
05-29-2011, 07:35 PM
I'm thinking of walking down to the ballpark and ripping down that "All In" sign on the pedestrian bridge that crosses 35th Street. Is there anyone either in or near Bridgeport who wants to help?

I would, but I'm afraid i'd have to stop and pee on the statues first.

tstrike2000
05-29-2011, 07:44 PM
And I am pretty sure they will be facing Wakefield. I can see lots of strikeouts happening.

If we're back to 10 games under .500 after this road trip, you can smack my ass and call me Sally.

Bucky F. Dent
05-29-2011, 07:49 PM
Fire every damned one of them!

:angry:

ChiSoxGal85
05-29-2011, 07:51 PM
That was ****ing ugly. Watched it via DVR, fast-forwarded through most of it, and not yet sure why I bothered.

ChiSoxGirl
05-29-2011, 11:59 PM

My bad... the Sox have dropped 22 of their last 27 against the Jays! That's a whopping .185 winning percentage against the Canadians. :o:

chisoxfanatic
05-30-2011, 12:32 AM
That was ****ing ugly. Watched it via DVR, fast-forwarded through most of it, and not yet sure why I bothered.
I woke up at 12:30, turned on my bedroom TV, saw it was 6-1, and said "**** this!" and watched Candid Camera.

guillensdisciple
05-30-2011, 02:16 AM
Was away a week in San Antonio.

Kept track via box scores and cell phone updates.

Two things.

1. San Antonio is awesome, love it there.

2. With the Bulls and White Sox pulling their respective crap, I am completely Chicago ****ed right now.

I will not be watching the White Sox this summer. Call me a bad fan, but I can't do this anymore.I have been lied to by an entire organization and to make it worse, they refuse to change anything in the clubhouse.

I spend way too much time giving a **** for this to matter. Time to take a step back and find something better to do.