PDA

View Full Version : Saturday Pregame State of the Day

Lip Man 1
05-28-2011, 11:39 AM
Submitted for your edification (as Rod Serling used to say...)

Last night was the 27th time in 53 games the Sox scored three runs or less.

That's 51% of their games played.

It happens year after year after year despite different players, from different organizations with different experience and different ages.

What does that tell you?

Lip

ode to veeck
05-28-2011, 11:42 AM
Move the plate back nearly to the wall to make it as close to the old larger 440 to dead center Comiskey i.e., make it a pitchers park, since the south side lumber co. is obviously having a going out of biz sale.

billyvsox
05-28-2011, 11:43 AM
Also 31st quality start of the year. If we only won JUST those quality starts, the record would be 31-22. Would be a just a half game back of Cleveland (1 of those quality start losses were to them) and have the most wins inthe AL.

Clearly the offense is top problem

downstairs
05-28-2011, 11:49 AM

It happens year after year after year despite different players, from different organizations with different experience and different ages.

What does that tell you?

Lip

How much to hitting coaches *really* mean to the quality of an offense? Serious question. Some people theorize the manager himself really only accounts for 5 wins/losses based on good/bad decisions in a year.

For example: Konerko and Dunn are veterans. As are plenty of other hitters having slumps. Can a hitting coach really mould a veteran (who's hit well before)?

JermaineDye05
05-28-2011, 12:06 PM

What does that tell you?

Lip

That the Chicago White Sox organization doesn't pay close enough attention to WSI.

I don't understand why Ozzie and Walker are still around.

Taliesinrk
05-28-2011, 02:15 PM

What does that tell you?

Lip

You want the pitcher to pitch from second base????

Frater Perdurabo
05-28-2011, 02:40 PM
How much to hitting coaches *really* mean to the quality of an offense? Serious question. Some people theorize the manager himself really only accounts for 5 wins/losses based on good/bad decisions in a year.

For example: Konerko and Dunn are veterans. As are plenty of other hitters having slumps. Can a hitting coach really mould a veteran (who's hit well before)?

We may not be able to prove that Walker is "hurting" the hitters, but I challenge anyone to find an example of anyone he has "helped" other than Paulie in 2003-2004.

mzh
05-28-2011, 03:49 PM
We may not be able to prove that Walker is "hurting" the hitters, but I challenge anyone to find an example of anyone he has "helped" other than Paulie in 2003-2004.
I went on a tangent in the gamethread yesterday about how there are some things in the organization that Walker and Ozzie know about, and we don't, can't, and all we can do in speculate, which I think is an unfair way to criticize staff. If you can't prove that he has 'hurt' any hitter, how is it fair for you to challenge us to find a hitter he has helped? Just because they don't actively talk about it outside the organization doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

How has 'good' hitting coach Rudy Jaramillo boosted that Cubs juggernaut over there?

Frater Perdurabo
05-28-2011, 04:30 PM
I went on a tangent in the gamethread yesterday about how there are some things in the organization that Walker and Ozzie know about, and we don't, can't, and all we can do in speculate, which I think is an unfair way to criticize staff. If you can't prove that he has 'hurt' any hitter, how is it fair for you to challenge us to find a hitter he has helped? Just because they don't actively talk about it outside the organization doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

How has 'good' hitting coach Rudy Jaramillo boosted that Cubs juggernaut over there?

Jaramillo has a long track record of hitters he's coached hitting well. The Cubs are the first place he's struggled as a hitting coach.

Walker has a long track record of hitters he's coached hitting poorly for long stretches.