PDA

View Full Version : Happy Birthday, Big Frank!

RKMeibalane
05-27-2011, 09:57 AM
:hurt

#35 turns 43 today.

doublem23
05-27-2011, 10:04 AM
Speaking of the Big Hurt, I saw in the paper that he will be signing copies of Going Yard: The Everything Home Run Book next Thursday at Anderson's in Naperville.

http://andersons2.indiebound.com/events

He wrote the forward and will be there with the book's author.

A little too far west for me, but for those of you out that way, might be worth checking out.

Oh, :happybday, #35

spawn
05-27-2011, 10:12 AM
Speaking of the Big Hurt, I saw in the paper that he will be signing copies of Going Yard: The Everything Home Run Book next Thursday at Anderson's in Naperville.

A little too far west for me, but for those of you out that way, might be worth checking out.

Naperville is definitely within driving distance for me. I may have to go and check this out.
:happybday: Big Frank! :gulp:

miker
05-27-2011, 10:21 AM
I sure do miss watching him hit...

Happy B-day #35! :gulp:

LITTLE NELL
05-27-2011, 11:11 AM
I sure do miss watching him hit...

Happy B-day #35! :gulp:

I bet he could hit better than Dunn right now.
Happy Birthday Frank

QueerGirrl
05-27-2011, 11:24 AM
We love you Frank!!! Happy birthday!!! :happybday :gulp:

LongLiveFisk
05-27-2011, 11:32 AM
:happybday , big Frank! :gulp:

ode to veeck
05-27-2011, 11:35 AM
Happy Birthday Big Frank!

I'd vote for you settping into the DH slot for the 2011 Sox!

voodoochile
05-27-2011, 11:59 AM
:happybday Big Man!

Thanks for the memories.

Hope you have a great day! :)

Nelfox02
05-27-2011, 12:33 PM

yeah, I will be going to this-----based on his last few autograph appearances I am assuming that they will strictly enforce that he will only sign copies of the book in store, but Frank sometimes will stop after an event or speaking appearance to sign, hoping to get a ball done as he is heading out

if not, still always cool to see Big Frank........

happy birthday big guy---anyone know why he is no longer with comcast?

voodoochile
05-27-2011, 12:42 PM

The Sox are signing him to be a roving hitting instructor this summer with the thought he will replace Greg Walker sometime after the ASG...

LongLiveFisk
05-27-2011, 12:44 PM
yeah, I will be going to this-----based on his last few autograph appearances I am assuming that they will strictly enforce that he will only sign copies of the book in store, but Frank sometimes will stop after an event or speaking appearance to sign, hoping to get a ball done as he is heading out

if not, still always cool to see Big Frank........

That would be very cool because I caught a foul ball of his back in May of '93 at the Cell and always wanted to get it signed. :D:

chisoxfanatic
05-27-2011, 01:05 PM
He is the reason why I picked the Sox over the Cubs. I remember his early years and always being impressed that such a young guy had so much power in his swing. He is probably the best player that I will ever see.

Danielgosox38
05-27-2011, 01:30 PM
The Sox are signing him to be a roving hitting instructor this summer with the thought he will replace Greg Walker sometime after the ASG...

If this post, were a facebook status, I would like it. :smile:

#1swisher
05-27-2011, 02:59 PM
:happybday Big Hurt :cool:

#1swisher
05-27-2011, 03:17 PM

You can pre-order an autographed copy $16.95, call 1.630.355.2665.

Makes a great father's day gift.

#1swisher
05-27-2011, 03:23 PM
I just called 1.630.355.2665 to order copies. Here's the info.

- Pre-ordering guarantees you a spot in line, they give you a number at the front desk
- Don't get there 2 minutes to closing 9pm, as they don't know if the author will stay later.