PDA

View Full Version : I've hit the point....


doublem23
07-08-2002, 05:18 PM
... where I'm so disgusted at the way Frank (Unquestionably the best player the Sox have had since 1919) is being treated by the fans and the media that he does get traded. Traded somewhere where he is appreciated for the truly special hitter he is.

I hope he flourishes there, finishes his career there, and when he inevitably gets voted into the Hall of Fame, I hope he spurns the Sox; doesn't wear a White Sox hat, and, essentially cuts off all ties with this franchise.

Maybe his greatest contribution to the Sox could be a shake-up caused by leaving.

No, wait...

http://www.mtcnet.net/~verlyndw/MICHAEL_JORDAN.JPG
If Reinsdorf doesn't learn his lesson from me, he won't from Frank, either.

Soxheads
07-08-2002, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by doublem23
... where I'm so disgusted at the way Frank (Unquestionably the best player the Sox have had since 1919) is being treated by the fans and the media that he does get traded. Traded somewhere where he is appreciated for the truly special hitter he is.

I hope he flourishes there, finishes his career there, and when he inevitably gets voted into the Hall of Fame, I hope he spurns the Sox; doesn't wear a White Sox hat, and, essentially cuts off all ties with this franchise.

Maybe his greatest contribution to the Sox could be a shake-up caused by leaving.

No, wait...

http://www.mtcnet.net/~verlyndw/MICHAEL_JORDAN.JPG
If Reinsdorf doesn't learn his lesson from me, he won't from Frank, either.

I would hope it wouldn't come to that.

doublem23
07-08-2002, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by Soxheads


I would hope it wouldn't come to that.

I doubt it will, and I'm sure most of this is being blown WAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY out of proportion, because, lets face it... No one else on the Sox is giving anyone anything to write about anyways.

I do, and always will, love the Sox, but this is ridiculous.

LongDistanceFan
07-08-2002, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by doublem23


I doubt it will, and I'm sure most of this is being blown WAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY out of proportion, because, lets face it... No one else on the Sox is giving anyone anything to write about anyways.

I do, and always will, love the Sox, but this is ridiculous. he deserves to retire as a sox......... the media took and ran with it, however, we bash him and now i am ready to move on and how he comes out of his slump..........

cheeses_h_rice
07-08-2002, 05:47 PM
What amazes me is how quickly the Cubune and Moronotti leaped on this "story" and blew it waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaay out of proportion.

The headline in today's Cubune is 72 pt., at least. You'd've thought Frank ran over someone in his car.

All Frank did was:

1. Show up late for one game.
2. Not come on the field for high-fives after a victory.
3. Express his displeasure at being a cheerleader on the bench.

Big effing whoop. Yes, it's Frank doing a bit of shooting himself in the foot, but why get so worked up over it? Wouldn't you be frustrated hitting below .240 and having to sit for a guy hitting less than you, after all you've given this team for 12 years?

Meanwhile, a certain player on a certain other team in the city blows off 3 regular season games (you know, the ones that count in the standings) in the immediate aftermath of a new manager coming in, yet still makes it a point of showing up at the ultra-meaningless Home Run Derby, and not a peep is uttered.

LongDistanceFan
07-08-2002, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
What amazes me is how quickly the Cubune and Moronotti leaped on this "story" and blew it waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaay out of proportion.

The headline in today's Cubune is 72 pt., at least. You'd've thought Frank ran over someone in his car.

All Frank did was:

1. Show up late for one game.
2. Not come on the field for high-fives after a victory.
3. Express his displeasure at being a cheerleader on the bench.

Big effing whoop. Yes, it's Frank doing a bit of shooting himself in the foot, but why get so worked up over it? Wouldn't you be frustrated hitting below .240 and having to sit for a guy hitting less than you, after all you've given this team for 12 years?

Meanwhile, a certain player on a certain other team in the city blows off 3 regular season games (you know, the ones that count in the standings) in the immediate aftermath of a new manager coming in, yet still makes it a point of showing up at the ultra-meaningless Home Run Derby, and not a peep is uttered. just wondering......... has anybody email either newspapers with sosa in mil or for that fact maybe even espn?

Jerry_Manuel
07-08-2002, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
Meanwhile, a certain player on a certain other team in the city blows off 3 regular season games (you know, the ones that count in the standings) in the immediate aftermath of a new manager coming in, yet still makes it a point of showing up at the ultra-meaningless Home Run Derby, and not a peep is uttered.

Which leads me to believe that there's more to the story.

LongDistanceFan
07-08-2002, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel


Which leads me to believe that there's more to the story. ok......... you got me....... like what?

cheeses_h_rice
07-08-2002, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel


Which leads me to believe that there's more to the story.

Jerry, this makes it two stories this year about Sosa that haven't been followed up on.

Remember the missing $20K?


:shammy

I like to, uh, "tip" quite a lot.

Jerry_Manuel
07-08-2002, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by LongDistanceFan
ok......... you got me....... like what?

Don't know, but this just seems to weird.

Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
Jerry, this makes it two stories this year about Sosa that haven't been followed up on.

Remember the missing $20K?


Perhaps Rozner will have some info, I know the Trib won't share.

If I hadn't read it here, I wouldn't know about it Cheeses.

RKMeibalane
07-08-2002, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
Remember the missing $20K?


IIRC, didn't he claim that money was stolen from his apartment or something? Hmm... I think he used that money to buy more steroids.

:shammy

"I would never use steroids. Instead, I use that 'Beefcake' muscle builder that Eric Cartman endorses."

guillen4life13
07-08-2002, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane


IIRC, didn't he claim that money was stolen from his apartment or something? Hmm... I think he used that money to buy more steroids.

:shammy

"I would never use steroids. Instead, I use that 'Beefcake' muscle builder that Eric Cartman endorses."

*****!!!