PDA

View Full Version : Willie Mays like you've never seen before

doublem23
05-25-2011, 02:42 PM
Time just released about 20 unpublished, never-before-seen images of Willie. Mostly game and ballpark stuff, but the pics of him in his old apartment are really the most interesting, I think.

http://www.life.com/gallery/60701/#index/0

****, I have a bigger place than he did. :o:

SI1020
05-25-2011, 02:48 PM
Those are great photos. I guess Willie didn't have a 16000 square foot home in Arizona, or wherever it is Hawk is talking about all the time. I don't know if he smoked or not, but he sure looked in very good shape to me.

g0g0
05-25-2011, 03:11 PM
Great, great photos. I love taking a look back at times long past, especially when I wasn't around at that time. I wish there was one huge resource for pictures like this that was searchable. I'm looking at you MLB!

Those are great photos. I guess Willie didn't have a 16000 square foot home in Arizona, or wherever it is Hawk is talking about all the time. I don't know if he smoked or not, but he sure looked in very good shape to me.

I noticed that too, but he was drinking milk and eating a small sandwich, not the Coke and Big Macs that people eat today. :D:

doublem23
05-25-2011, 04:02 PM
I noticed that too, but he was drinking milk and eating a small sandwich, not the Coke and Big Macs that people eat today. :D:

Did you catch the caption of the photo were he is about to hit Monte Irvin in the face and Irvin commented that Mays would drink a bunch of bottles of Coke every night?

soltrain21
05-25-2011, 04:59 PM

I don't believe a single story Hawk tells.

g0g0
05-26-2011, 08:34 AM
Did you catch the caption of the photo were he is about to hit Monte Irvin in the face and Irvin commented that Mays would drink a bunch of bottles of Coke every night?

LOL no I didn't see that one. I don't know what constitutes a "bunch", but he must have been drinking the traditional 6.5 ounce bottles. Or burning some serious calories!