PDA

View Full Version : They love the Sox in the Crimea.

LITTLE NELL
05-25-2011, 01:00 PM
So I'm waiting to see my chiropractor today and in the National Geographic is a story on the Crimea. One of the pictures is of a parade of old WW2 Russian war vets marching down the street in their uniforms with all their medals and lo and behold one of them was wearing a White Sox cap, it was a khaki color with the Sox logo a little off center to the right. Sort of floored me but its great that we have fans in the Crimea.

Gavin
05-25-2011, 01:04 PM
Might be more of fans of the Hat than fans of the White Sox.

Chez
05-25-2011, 01:08 PM

Yes. "Sox" translates to "Playa" in Russian.

miker
05-25-2011, 01:20 PM
Sox fans are familiar with the main waterway in that part of the world...Crimea River.

Hitmen77
05-25-2011, 01:21 PM
So I'm waiting to see my chiropractor today and in the National Geographic is a story on the Crimea. One of the pictures is of a parade of old WW2 Russian war vets marching down the street in their uniforms with all their medals and lo and behold one of then was wearing a White Sox cap, it was a khaki color with the Sox logo a little off center to the right. Sort of floored me but its great that we have fans in the Crimea.

I have that issue at home. I'll have to check out that picture!

Oh, Crimea river! :tongue:

MtGrnwdSoxFan
05-25-2011, 02:43 PM
Sox fans are familiar with the main waterway in that part of the world...Crimea River.

I thought that was the #1 tourist destination of Northside fans?

DSpivack
05-25-2011, 06:56 PM
My synagogue donated a torah to a congregation in Simferopol. Coincidence? I have no idea, probably!

g0g0
05-26-2011, 08:30 AM
Maybe they just like socks in general and want to show their love?

Hitmen77
05-26-2011, 07:17 PM
So I'm waiting to see my chiropractor today and in the National Geographic is a story on the Crimea. One of the pictures is of a parade of old WW2 Russian war vets marching down the street in their uniforms with all their medals and lo and behold one of them was wearing a White Sox cap, it was a khaki color with the Sox logo a little off center to the right. Sort of floored me but its great that we have fans in the Crimea.

http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/2011/04/crimea/ludwig-photography

It's the 4th photograph on this page. It's more obvious that he's wearing a Sox hat in the picture in the magazine (the picture takes up 2 full pages) than it is on this online version.