PDA

View Full Version : CWS Official Website

kufram
05-25-2011, 09:40 AM
Maybe this topic doesn't belong here, but I wondered if other people had long delays with links from the Official site (game recaps, box scores, etc.). They take a long time to load up for me ( a long time being up to a minute!) It is the slowest page on my compter.... annoyingly slow.

I'm not a computer genius (except when writing music on one!) but I'm sure it wouldn't happen on just one website if it was anything to do with my machine. Any thoughts?

tebman
05-25-2011, 11:43 AM
I've always had that same problem. Some sites (like WSI) load up instantly, and a few (like the Sox' official site) are painfully slow. I don't know, but I'd guess it's a matter of the server capacity at their end.

russ99
05-25-2011, 11:56 AM
Maybe this topic doesn't belong here, but I wondered if other people had long delays with links from the Official site (game recaps, box scores, etc.). They take a long time to load up for me ( a long time being up to a minute!) It is the slowest page on my compter.... annoyingly slow.

I'm not a computer genius (except when writing music on one!) but I'm sure it wouldn't happen on just one website if it was anything to do with my machine. Any thoughts?

The MLB sites are java server pages. They access a database for all content, and then actively create the page on the fly.

I'd think that the usual slight delay for loading this kind of content may be even slower if you're accessing in England, where MLB probably doesn't have a mirror.