PDA

View Full Version : Can you change the crawler please?

PeteWard
05-25-2011, 03:35 AM
A polite request. Since the Sox are second to Boston for best record in the AL since May 7, can the Sox-o-gram above be changed?

Thanks!

TomBradley72
05-25-2011, 08:04 AM
Unfortunately the season started about 5 weeks before May 7th and we still have the 2nd worst record in the American League- at least wait until we're .500- especially with our payroll.

kittle42
05-25-2011, 10:14 AM
They still stink.

bluedemon45
05-25-2011, 10:32 AM
I understand they still have a horrible record....but since May 7th they are 12-5. Does that not qualify for "playing baseball"?

Procol Harum
05-25-2011, 11:05 AM
I understand they still have a horrible record....but since May 7th they are 12-5. Does that not qualify for "playing baseball"?

Only sorta--it's like a lout/slug husband trying to make up for a string of abuses by finally starting to take out the garbage, help with the dishes, pick up around the place, etc., etc. Like the husband, it'll be a while before the Sox can prove they've truly changed their ways (P.S.--by the by, I have no personal knowledge or experience with the illustration used above :whistle:)

Law11
05-25-2011, 11:15 AM
they are playing better not great. they will skid again as bad as they played you cant keep this pace up either. this team buried themselves and still sits 9 back even through this stretch.

manders_01
05-25-2011, 11:18 AM
Nope, I agree with the OP. The Sox started answering that question soon after it was put up with a "No, we don't really suck this bad and we are going to start playing baseball now." It doesn't apply anymore.

kittle42
05-25-2011, 11:28 AM
Nope, I agree with the OP. The Sox started answering that question soon after it was put up with a "No, we don't really suck this bad and we are going to start playing baseball now." It doesn't apply anymore.

They still look pretty mediocre to me.

kufram
05-25-2011, 11:42 AM
I agree that it should change. Maybe change the word "start" to "keep". As WSI is supposed to be totally biased I think they've got out of the suck this bad category. It's a results business and they've had good enough results for long enough to get a break.

voodoochile
05-25-2011, 11:57 AM
Well two thoughts or maybe three...

First... Do you really want me to change the crawler? Don't want to mess with the lucky crawler do you? :wink:

Second...It's motivational. I want the Sox playing with an edge and everytime one of them visits they get reminded of how bad things were and thus motivated to continue playing better. :tongue:

Third... Yeah, I've been considering doing it for a week, but haven't been inspired so here's your chance to toss out a suggestion or two. No guarantees, I may just ignore you all or another mod may beat me to it (HINT HINT) but if you come up with something that is crawl worthy you just might see your brain child in big neon lights... or something...

spawn
05-25-2011, 01:03 PM
I think we need to use it to motivate Adam Dunn. :wink:

sox102
05-26-2011, 02:07 AM
They still stink.

Agreed. 2nd best record since May 7th? Who cares? They still stink. So inconsistent.

LITTLE NELL
05-26-2011, 06:32 AM
they are playing better not great. they will skid again as bad as they played you cant keep this pace up either. this team buried themselves and still sits 9 back even through this stretch.

Law 11...Love your picture, those were the best seats ever in the old Palace and maybe in all of MLB.

Sorry I didn't stay on thread.