PDA

View Full Version : *Official* Who's Still Awake? Postgame Thread

thomas35forever
05-25-2011, 01:28 AM
Glad I got to watch this.:bandance:

JermaineDye05
05-25-2011, 01:30 AM
That wasn't hail.

That was Carlos Quentin hitting every baseball in Arlington to scare off the tornado.

It worked.

New #3 hitting hits 3 bombs.

I like.

I still question Ozzie not bringing in Floyd or Humber. Glad we got the win though.

Sergio better put the tag on the runner next time. Lucky it was late, or he doesn't get that call.

billyvsox
MLB rules crack me up. Sox use 7 pitchers tonight and the least effective one (Pena) gets the win.

voodoochile
Doesn't fix the Bulls loss but it does take the some of the sting out. Heck of an effort by TCQ and enough relief to get us through. Odd game, but in the end even a tornado can't stop our Sox...

:soxwin:

:)

:supernana:

PalehosePlanet
Nice W boys!

Now I'm going to bed.

'Night all.

ode to veeck
Now that was worth waiting for!

TommyGavinFloyd
Very strange game obviously, but one that is pretty big for us to take. Awesome job by TCQ. Hell, this probably means he will stay in the 3 hole for awhile, which I think is also great. Let's hope Floyd gives us a strong start tomorrow. Winning this series would be such a great way to start this road trip.

P.S. Tony Pena, you are awful.

Foulke You
05-25-2011, 01:31 AM
That game was a grind. I feel all Sox fans get a gold star for surviving that. Not pretty but the outcome was worth it. Carlos Quentin stays in the 3 spot please!

spongyfungy
05-25-2011, 01:32 AM
http://imageshack.us/m/37/4673/67503544.jpg

TCQ third homerun gut punch

HaroMaster87
05-25-2011, 01:33 AM
glad that sergio's first BS didnt seem to stick with him...WHEW!!

Foulke You
05-25-2011, 01:33 AM
P.S. Tony Pena, you are awful.
Amen to that. He has been pretty ineffective all year. When you are throwing only 92mph fastballs up in the zone and in the middle of the plate, you are going to get destroyed by a team like the Rangers.

PeteWard
05-25-2011, 01:35 AM
Santos bouncing back is the big plus of this game. Also, maybe the awakening of Adam the Giant?

doublem23
05-25-2011, 01:37 AM

TCQ third homerun gut punch

Fantastic.

God that **** was hilarious.

Nellie_Fox
05-25-2011, 01:39 AM
Santos bouncing back is the big plus of this game. Also, maybe the awakening of Adam the Giant?We can surely hope.

Foulke You
05-25-2011, 01:40 AM
Santos bouncing back is the big plus of this game. Also, maybe the awakening of Adam the Giant?
I'll throw Rios in there too. He had a nice 2 hit game with RBI. Also a nice catch fighting that ridiculous wind early in the game.

TommyGavinFloyd
05-25-2011, 01:41 AM
Amen to that. He has been pretty ineffective all year. When you are throwing only 92mph fastballs up in the zone and in the middle of the plate, you are going to get destroyed by a team like the Rangers.

When he came in the other day against the Indians, it was 8-1 and I thought, "Oh, he hasn't pitched in awhile. This is a good chance to get his ERA down a little". Then he goes and gives up a solo HR. It really isn't hyperbole to call him "The New Linebrink".

kufram
05-25-2011, 01:47 AM
Great way to start the day!

PeteWard
05-25-2011, 01:47 AM
Lots of negativity here considering the Sox just won. Granted, the middle relief was not good but Texas is very tough especially at home and now with two of their top hitters back they are even better. I am very happy with the win and don't consider any win against these guys at their place ugly.

TDog
05-25-2011, 01:57 AM
Glad I got to watch this.:bandance:

Where I live, it's still Tuesday.

Of course, the hitting star was Quentin, the opening day hero. It's not the first game this season he came up with five RBIs, although it was the first time he hit three home runs. The secondary hitting star, not unlike opening day, was Dunn. The home run gave the Sox their final lead of the night, but it may also have inspired the Rangers to bring in Rhodes with two outs and Konerko on first in the seventh, southpaws being kryptonite to Dunn. His walk was the biggest walk he has taken this year. Not only was it against a lefty, but it pushed Konerko to second and brought up Rios who wouldn't have been facing Rhodes if Dunn hadn't walked and Pierzynski wasn't on deck. And Rios came through with a double.

Of course, the Sox ran through their bullpen, Ohman, Pena, Sales, Crain, Thornton and Santos -- six pitchers in six innings. They had just enough, as it turned out. Fortunately, when Guillen and Cooper drew it up during the long delay, it proved enough, thanks to the offense scoring against the Rangers bullpen. It might have seemed easier to put in Wednesday's scheduled starter, but I have no idea if Floyd was physically and mentally ready to pitch tonight, even a six-inning game with a two-run lead, but whether Humber was ready to pitch Wednesday. Fortunately, Danks pitched a complete game Monday.

The rain made the win more difficult, but it was a gutsy win when riding the backs of the starting pitching was not an option.

JermaineDye05
05-25-2011, 01:57 AM
In his brief three innings, Jake looked good.

Rangers had some real good at-bats with a lot of fouls against him.

Slider was sharp once again and Jake was around the plate.

JermaineDye05
05-25-2011, 02:01 AM
If you've got a couple hours to spare, CSN is airing the encore right now.

:rolling:

hawkjt
05-25-2011, 02:12 AM
Good win. I was so afraid they were going to call the game during the rain delay,and cost the Sox a chance at a win.

Carlos was king kong,Adam likes being back in Texas, and Sergio was a man on the mound.

I am stunned by Matt Thornton's complete collapse,tho. I have zero faith in him right now.

PeteWard
05-25-2011, 02:19 AM

I caught the highlights on MLB.com and I did see something very ugly between plays : the Norelco commercial with Swisher and Paplebon---the two most punchable mugs in baseball. :puking:

It'sADunnBomb
05-25-2011, 03:05 AM
Good win. I was so afraid they were going to call the game during the rain delay,and cost the Sox a chance at a win.

Carlos was king kong,Adam likes being back in Texas, and Sergio was a man on the mound.

I am stunned by Matt Thornton's complete collapse,tho. I have zero faith in him right now.

My signature is becoming more and more relevant every appearance he makes. Great game by Q, really feeling a bit better about this team as of late.

October26
05-25-2011, 06:18 AM
Woke up to find out that the Sox had won last night's game! Watching the highlight's on my on my cell phone on my way in to work. Kudos to all of the Sox fans who stayed up to watch the game last night - great win! :clap::wooty::bandance:

Zakath
05-25-2011, 06:45 AM
Well, we used the entire bullpen, but we got the W, thanks mostly to TCQ.

Feast or famine night for him: 5 AB, 3 HR, 2 K.

Fortunately, more feast.

Hope he has some left for the lunchfeast in about 6 hours.

ChiSoxGirl
05-25-2011, 07:26 AM
Well, we used the entire bullpen, but we got the W, thanks mostly to TCQ.

Feast or famine night for him: 5 AB, 3 HR, 2 K.

Fortunately, more feast.

Hope he has some left for the lunchfeast in about 6 hours.

And it is for this reason that I hope Gavin Floyd goes out there this afternoon and throws at least seven innings. The bullpen is taxed.

GoSox2K3
05-25-2011, 07:33 AM
I'm surprised they got this in since it was still delayed when I went to bed.

Great to see the good news on WSI this morning. ...and I do like to turn to WSI first to see how the Sox did in a game that I completely missed.

Nice that the bullpen was rested the night before (with Danks going the distance in the loss). Now let's hope that Floyd can go deep in this afternoon's game.

asindc
05-25-2011, 07:46 AM
This is a pleasant surprise to wake up to! I went to bed thinking that they were going to do a partial DH today, and did not consider that they might try to get it in last night. Good to see the win and that TCQ's big game did not go to waste. I hope Gavin can throw a shutout today.

ChiSoxGal85
05-25-2011, 07:50 AM
I could not stay awake for the game after the delay, darn it. Awesome job by TCQ!!! And that bomb by Dunn - wow.

It would be nice to take yet another series here. Hope Floyd brings his best stuff because there's not much left in the bullpen for today.

A side note: I have MLB AtBat on iPhone and I watched the game highlight video already. But I did not realize that the entire game was archived, and it looks like I can watch it even if I am in a blackout area. That's pretty cool.

chisoxfanatic
05-25-2011, 07:52 AM
Since the hockey game went to 2OT, I saw the 6th and a bit of the 7th, but then fell asleep at about 1...I thought the Sox were gonna end up pissing this game away. Now, there is hope that they can win another series!

Hitmen77
05-25-2011, 08:06 AM
I could not stay awake for the game after the delay, darn it. Awesome job by TCQ!!! And that bomb by Dunn - wow.

It would be nice to take yet another series here. Hope Floyd brings his best stuff because there's not much left in the bullpen for today.

A side note: I have MLB AtBat on iPhone and I watched the game highlight video already. But I did not realize that the entire game was archived, and it looks like I can watch it even if I am in a blackout area. That's pretty cool.

Every game is available as a "condensed game" after the game is over. It is a pretty cool feature.

bluedemon45
05-25-2011, 08:30 AM
Batting Quentin 3rd and Dunn 5th worked well for one game.

I'm nervous about the bullpen after going through every guy...short rest for today and then a long road trip, were really going to need our starters to go deep into games. Thats why we have a 6th man rotation right?

If we could get the win today it would be another series victory for the White Sox and would keep the momentum going. Only 4 games under .500

ChiSoxGal85
05-25-2011, 08:34 AM
Every game is available as a "condensed game" after the game is over. It is a pretty cool feature.
Yeah, I love the condensed game feature, I've used it before and it *is* cool. But this is the first time I tried to view the full game and was surprised that I could see it. Is every FULL game archived and available as well? I don't have MLB.TV, but yesterday's entire game (both Sox and Rangers feeds) is listed under MLB.TV on the video screen and I can view both feeds.

(sorry for the hijack.)

TomBradley72
05-25-2011, 08:43 AM
I really like the Ramirez/Quentin/Konerko/Dunn/Rios line up- could be similar to LaRussa's move of Fisk to the 2nd slot in the order in '83- Quentin will see alot more fastballs, Konerko will get more RBI opportunities, and a little pressure off Dunn.

kufram
05-25-2011, 08:45 AM
Yeah, I love the condensed game feature, I've used it before and it *is* cool. But this is the first time I tried to view the full game and was surprised that I could see it. Is every FULL game archived and available as well? I don't have MLB.TV, but yesterday's entire game (both Sox and Rangers feeds) is listed under MLB.TV on the video screen and I can view both feeds.

(sorry for the hijack.)

Because I live in England and I'm asleep while night games are being played I watch all night games on mlb.tv archive while you people are all at work the next day. Afternoon games I can watch live during my evening (like tonight, errr today to you). I pay about 10.00 for the whole year ($15.00ish). What a bargain! I could watch any mlb game, but I'm only interested in White Sox games.

LongLiveFisk
05-25-2011, 08:58 AM

Hopefully they didn't air all the rain delay programming again as well. :lol:

Anyway I also could not stay up for this one. My eyes were closing somewhere around 12:30am so I shut down my computer. Was glad to wake up to this news! 3 homers by Quentin? I hope we have found our new #3 hitter.

Awesome....take another series tonight please!! :bandance:

gogosox675
05-25-2011, 09:05 AM
I didn't see any of the game and wondered why it was delayed so long. Woah. :o:
http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/c4/fullj.90cc4ca302a582097e85151a80537d4e/90cc4ca302a582097e85151a80537d4e-getty-109236794rm009_chicago_whit.jpg

kittle42
05-25-2011, 09:19 AM
My signature is becoming more and more relevant every appearance he makes. Great game by Q, really feeling a bit better about this team as of late.

Mariano Rivera is basically a one-pitch pitcher.

Hitmen77
05-25-2011, 09:20 AM

(sorry for the hijack.)

I don't know the answer to that. If every full game is available on archive through the At Bat app, I wasn't aware of it.

doublem23

:thumbsup:

veeter

TCQ third homerun gut punchHilarious! Tony Pena flat out sucks but I'm about to exercise my right as a fan, to go from hater to liking the Sox again.

doublem23
05-25-2011, 09:21 AM
I don't know the answer to that. If every full game is available on archive through the At Bat app, I wasn't aware of it.

I'm pretty sure they are

Hitmen77
05-25-2011, 09:30 AM
Didn't MLB used to have a curfew where no inning could start after some certain late hour? Did they do away with this?

I'm pretty sure they are

Cool! I'll have to check that out!

Lamp81
05-25-2011, 09:41 AM
Stayed with this one through the end.

If I was Kenny, I'd tell Tony Pena to put away his passport, unless he wants to return to the Dominican Republic. Birmingham or Charlotte has to have someone who can pitch better than this guy!:angry:

Let's hope TCQ stays hot, becuase he has shown he can carry this team for awhile.

I wonder if Peavy will be available for bullpen work on his side-session day.

khan
05-25-2011, 09:45 AM
I would have thought that a 6 man rotation would have been the IDEAL situation for this type of game.

That is, the SOX should have had a SP to use to finish the 2nd half of the game, thus preserving the bullpen somewhat.

Now, I can imagine that perhaps the SP for the 1st Toronto game may have flown out early. If this is the case, then juicing the bullpen is somewhat understandable. If not, then I have no earthly idea what OG was thinking.

I don't mean to slag on OG too much, so I'll give him some kudos for FINALLY working out the impossible puzzle of not putting a guy who was 0-30 v. LHP in the 3rd spot. I know this is a mystery shrouded in an impossible degree of wonder much more complex than The Gordian Knot. But at long last, he worked it out. So again, kudos to Ozzie for showing off his brains on this decision.

kittle42
05-25-2011, 09:47 AM
I don't mean to slag on OG too much, so I'll give him some kudos for FINALLY working out the impossible puzzle of not putting a guy who was 0-30 v. LHP in the 3rd spot. I know this is a mystery shrouded in an impossible degree of wonder much more complex than The Gordian Knot. But at long last, he worked it out. So again, kudos to Ozzie for showing off his brains on this decision.

Glad he got one thing right, because his early decision to bunt with Ramirez reeked of his usual stubbornness.

khan
05-25-2011, 09:52 AM
Glad he got one thing right, because his early decision to bunt with Ramirez reeked of his usual stubbornness.

Hey, let's keep it positive, ok?

One impossibly-difficult puzzle at a time.

I mean, figuring out that a .118 OPS v. LHP isn't a good fit for the 3rd spot was hard enough for a mensa member like Ozzie.

But not being able to figure out that Ramirez sucks at bunting, and has been hitting fairly well of late, and that a hit-and-run is more likely to succeed with Ramirez? Now THAT'S harder to work out than Differential Equations. I mean, we'd need to hire all the guys that are getting laid off from NASA to work that out!

Or maybe appoint a Blue-Ribbon Panel of Engineers to figure that one out. Either way, let's keep it positive:

Dunn being taken out of the 3rd spot v. LHP is ONE victory in terms of managerial decisionmaking. Again, kudos to OG for working that out, all on his own!

kufram
05-25-2011, 10:04 AM
tiresome

manders_01
05-25-2011, 10:15 AM
My eyes were very slitty at the end but I managed to stick it out. :D: Great win by the Sox who didn't accept defeat when the Rangers tied it up. :thumbsup: And congrats to TCQ on his first 3 HR game! :bandance:

Tragg
05-25-2011, 10:49 AM
I would have thought that a 6 man rotation would have been the IDEAL situation for this type of game.

That is, the SOX should have had a SP to use to finish the 2nd half of the game, thus preserving the bullpen somewhat.

One would have thought that would make some sense.
And bunting in the 5th inning of a slugfest......not so good either.

hi im skot
05-25-2011, 10:55 AM
My signature is becoming more and more relevant every appearance he makes.

Nah, it's still embarrassing.

russ99
05-25-2011, 10:59 AM
The bunt worked pretty well in the 6th inning.

Win or lose, someone's going to slam Ozzie.

tstrike2000
05-25-2011, 11:00 AM

And how many of those are successful in the big leagues?

kittle42
05-25-2011, 11:13 AM

I am talking about one goddamn bunt - and one on which Farmer and DJ both agreed it was a horrible idea - in the 3rd inning with two on, none out, and Alexei up - a hot hitter (Player of the Week) who can't bunt for the life of him.

So take your complaints to the radio booth. It was a **** call that did not put this team in the best situation to win, or as Farmio said, "A total waste of an at-bat."

kittle42
05-25-2011, 11:14 AM
And how many of those are successful in the big leagues?

At least Rivera - and Thornton was until this season (not that the two of them should ever be compared). Just don't toss out a blanket statement like "one-pitch pitchers shouldn't be in the majors" when it's not true.

soltrain21
05-25-2011, 11:18 AM

That bunt is a bad move and even Farmer and DJ thought so. You had the player of the week up in the third inning with 2 on and nobody out. Oh yeah, he also is a ****ing terrible bunter. Seriously, I know you love Ozzie but bunting Ramirez in that situation is dreadfully awful.

Will you now say Ozzie is smart for moving Dunn out of the three hole even though two days ago you were saying Dunn was the guy to hit in the three hole because Ozzie had him there?

asindc
05-25-2011, 11:22 AM
I am talking about one goddamn bunt - and one on which Farmer and DJ both agreed it was a horrible idea - in the 3rd inning with two on, none out, and Alexei up - a hot hitter (Player of the Week) who can't bunt for the life of him.

So take your complaints to the radio booth. It was a **** call that did not put this team in the best situation to win, or as Farmio said, "A total waste of an at-bat."

I'm usually among the proponents for bunting in general, but even I thought it was a bad idea to have Alexei bunting then, and even ridiculous to see him squaring around with two strikes on him.:scratch:

tstrike2000
05-25-2011, 11:36 AM
At least Rivera - and Thornton was until this season (not that the two of them should ever be compared). Just don't toss out a blanket statement like "one-pitch pitchers shouldn't be in the majors" when it's not true.

I didn't, but outside of Rivera, I just couldn't think of a sustained MLB pitcher that can make it with one pitch.

tstrike2000
05-25-2011, 11:42 AM
I'm usually among the proponents for bunting in general, but even I thought it was a bad idea to have Alexei bunting then, and even ridiculous to see him squaring around with two strikes on him.:scratch:

I'm assuming the coaches were telling him to bunt in that situation, but was it in Saturday or Sunday's game against the Dodgers when Alexei tried to bunt in the 5th inning in a situation that made no sense? I just remember wondering if Alexei was really that dumb to try it or were the coaches?

delben91
05-25-2011, 11:43 AM
I didn't, but outside of Rivera, I just couldn't think of a sustained MLB pitcher that can make it with one pitch.

Wakefield could be in that category too.

hawkjt
05-25-2011, 11:56 AM
Thornton's problems start with an inability to throw strikes to leftys...the guys he is supposed to be dominant against. Then after he walks that first lefty batter,he faces a righty,who can hit him. Last nite his sequence is:

walk a lefty.
single to a righty
hard hit double play(thank god) run scores.
another hit by a lefty.

He is pulled then.

I like Matt but his performance since the All Star game last year has been so erratic,and often just poor,that he is making everyone in the Sox organization look clueless for giving him the big contract.

Not sure if it is an arm problem or a head problem...but I want the old Matt back,ASAP!

russ99
05-25-2011, 11:58 AM
That bunt is a bad move and even Farmer and DJ thought so. You had the player of the week up in the third inning with 2 on and nobody out. Oh yeah, he also is a ****ing terrible bunter. Seriously, I know you love Ozzie but bunting Ramirez in that situation is dreadfully awful.

Will you now say Ozzie is smart for moving Dunn out of the three hole even though two days ago you were saying Dunn was the guy to hit in the three hole because Ozzie had him there?

The bunt in the 6th wasn't a bad move. My point being that some people flat out don't like bunts, and at times it's a smart move. Also, it's easy to say that the bunt in the 3rd was dumb after we score 8 runs, but the day before we were shutout with 5 hits, and who's to say they shouldn't play for 2 runs in that situation.

Alexei's never going to be able to bunt properly if he doesn't at least attempt it from time to time. It almost seems to me that Ozzie's going to keep making him bunt until he gets it right.

Also, I still think Dunn should be in the 3 hole because of his frequent walks, and what should be a team-leading OBP when he's not mired in a slump, but I understand why he was moved down, especially vs. a lefty. Nobody had issues with Thome batting 3rd...

kittle42
05-25-2011, 12:02 PM
Also, it's easy to say that the bunt in the 3rd was dumb after we score 8 runs, but the day before we were shutout with 5 hits, and who's to say they shouldn't play for 2 runs?

As I pointed out, I (and Farmer and DJ) thought it was a horrible idea WHILE IT WAS HAPPENING, not in hindsight after 8 runs were scored. In fact, at the time, it was a 1-1 game, and they STILL thought it was a garbage idea (which it was). Quentin hit a 3-run HR in the next AB.

But nice try.

miker
05-25-2011, 12:15 PM
Also, I still think Dunn should be in the 3 hole because of his frequent walks, and what should be a team-leading OBP when he's not mired in a slump, but I understand why he was moved down, especially vs. a lefty. Nobody has issues with Thome batting 3rd...

I did. But I have high standards - for example: Ruth-Gehrig.

I can possibly see the argument that putting him ahead of Konerko may get Dunn some better pitches, but I'd still put him 6th until he shows me something other than Dave Kingman/Rob Deer results.

ChiSoxGal85
05-25-2011, 12:23 PM

I'm pretty sure they are

I just checked a few games randomly, back up to March 31...and yes, they are available. Wow! That feature alone makes the AtBat app worth it. I watch most of the games, but it's great to have that available.

Lip Man 1
05-25-2011, 12:34 PM
I think "learing" to bunt (for wont of a better word) during an actual game that actually counts is a bad idea because, well...the games actually count.

Aren't these guys supposed to "learn" this basic fundamental stuff in you know, spring training? (or with mandatory extra drill work BEFORE the games that actually count in the standings?)

:?:

Lip

palehozenychicty
05-25-2011, 12:38 PM
Lots of negativity here considering the Sox just won. Granted, the middle relief was not good but Texas is very tough especially at home and now with two of their top hitters back they are even better. I am very happy with the win and don't consider any win against these guys at their place ugly.

Many people aren't convinced that Texas is a threat in the league. They are. Their starters are actually better than last year. I am very happy with this win. It's good to see TCQ go hard at the plate. When he hits well, the team sees more pitches.

TDog
05-25-2011, 12:45 PM
I like Matt but his performance since the All Star game last year has been so erratic,and often just poor,that he is making everyone in the Sox organization look clueless for giving him the big contract.

Not sure if it is an arm problem or a head problem...but I want the old Matt back,ASAP!

He was the losing pitcher in the All-Star Game, so you can include that as well.

It's funny how reactive people are. Even aftere the All-Star break, last year, consensus here was advocating that Thornton become the White Sox closer. Now people are mystified that a pitcher of his skills could ever be depended on in the late innings.

The real old Matt Thornton was a frustrating, hard-thrower who the Mariners eventually gave up on. The more recent old Matt Thornton was a very good relief pitcher who proved good enough to be named to the All-Star team.

Unless his velocity is appreciably down, and it doesn't seem to be, you would think he more recent old Matt Thornton isn't that far away.

tstrike2000
05-25-2011, 12:58 PM
Wakefield could be in that category too.

Good catch, didn't even think of the knuckleballers.

BringHomeDaBacon
05-25-2011, 01:01 PM
He was the losing pitcher in the All-Star Game, so you can include that as well.

It's funny how reactive people are. Even aftere the All-Star break, last year, consensus here was advocating that Thornton become the White Sox closer. Now people are mystified that a pitcher of his skills could ever be depended on in the late innings.

The real old Matt Thornton was a frustrating, hard-thrower who the Mariners eventually gave up on. The more recent old Matt Thornton was a very good relief pitcher who proved good enough to be named to the All-Star team.

Unless his velocity is appreciably down, and it doesn't seem to be, you would think he more recent old Matt Thornton isn't that far away.

I totally agree with this. After 3 years of Thornton being mostly awesome, it's sillly to overreact to a bad stretch. EVERY RP will go through that.

tstrike2000
05-25-2011, 01:10 PM
I totally agree with this. After 3 years of Thornton being mostly awesome, it's sillly to overreact to a bad stretch. EVERY RP will go through that.

We all hope Matt gets it together and his two scoreless innings Sunday were a good start. The dilemma is we don't otherwise have a reliable lefty reliever.

BringHomeDaBacon
05-25-2011, 01:18 PM
We all hope Matt gets it together and his two scoreless innings Sunday were a good start. The dilemma is we don't otherwise have a reliable lefty reliever.

Yeah, too bad Ohman is going to be a waste of a roster spot for TWO years. :scratch:

JB98
05-25-2011, 01:28 PM
I thought lefty relief would be a strength for the 2011 Sox. So far, it has been a weakness.

The relievers walked five over the last four innings last night. That's a pet peeve of mine. Fortunately, Andrus played some Walkerball and swung at the first pitch and GIDP'd against a struggling Thornton in the eighth.

Sergio's stuff looked better when he came back out for the ninth after getting out of the eighth. I'm not sure he was completely warmed up when he entered the game, so it was fortunate the Sox held the lead in the eighth.