PDA

View Full Version : *warning*

RKMeibalane
07-08-2002, 04:48 PM
I have a feeling we may be subjected to more crap from the media later on this evening when the Home Run Derby is aired on ESPN. Since both Sosa and Konerko are participants, I'm sure someone will ask about Frank Thomas.

It should be interesting to see what Konerko says. I'm sure Sosa will open his big mouth and say, "Frank has done well. He is following in my footsteps. Soon, he will become an agent of evil."

duke of dorwood
07-08-2002, 04:51 PM
Dan Patrick had Sham-me on from his limo a few hrs ago-he asked him about his wife-the reply was "She's Great". And nothing else was said about missing 3 games. So, the warning best be heeded.

FarmerAndy
07-08-2002, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
Dan Patrick had Sham-me on from his limo a few hrs ago-he asked him about his wife-the reply was "She's Great". And nothing else was said about missing 3 games.

This is what bugs me. I don't really mind how the media blasts Frank, because he deserves alot of it. The problem is that the media doesn't dish it out to everybody who deserves it. Why aren't they all over Sammy for missing 3 games, or for being late to the bus, or for not backing up his claims on steroid testing.

Go ahead and bash Frank, but give Sammy his deserved bashings to. I'm so sick of his ugly mug always being treated like he's some sort of hero. He's just as selfish as anybody out there.

Iguana775
07-08-2002, 08:50 PM
but he saved baseball.....

steff
07-09-2002, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
Dan Patrick had Sham-me on from his limo a few hrs ago-he asked him about his wife-the reply was "She's Great". And nothing else was said about missing 3 games. So, the warning best be heeded.

The word was that she had surgery yesterday at what would have been 3:30 central time. How did he know how she was doing? Anyone hear what the "cause" of the injury was? We heard that she "somehow" cut herself from her thumb up about 3 inches past her wrist with a piece of glass...
Also, did they show on ESPN when he walked away after loosing the derby how he pushed the towel kids out of the way? He is just so damn ignorant...

Kilroy
07-09-2002, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by steff3603

Anyone hear what the "cause" of the injury was? We heard that she "somehow" cut herself from her thumb up about 3 inches past her wrist with a piece of glass...

Well, yesterday on the Score, that pillar of reliable journalism, Boers and Bernstein said that they were hoping to have more on that in the next couple of days. They went on and on about it for a few minutes, and the tone of their voices was that they knew something, but for whatever reason, were unable to share it.

steff
07-09-2002, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by Kilroy

Well, yesterday on the Score, that pillar of reliable journalism, Boers and Bernstein said that they were hoping to have more on that in the next couple of days. They went on and on about it for a few minutes, and the tone of their voices was that they knew something, but for whatever reason, were unable to share it.

We sat in suite 36 last night and next to us was the "overflow" of the Fox and ABC guys. A few of them seemed to know "something" as well... but weren't spilling it. Someone did add that from the details of the injury that it appeared to be self inflicted. God I hope that's not true. That would be the second in 3 years (overdose on pills).

cheeses_h_rice
07-09-2002, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by steff3603

We sat in suite 36 last night and next to us was the "overflow" of the Fox and ABC guys. A few of them seemed to know "something" as well... but weren't spilling it. Someone did add that from the details of the injury that it appeared to be self inflicted. God I hope that's not true. That would be the second in 3 years (overdose on pills).

At least this explanation would make sense and would explain why no one's called out Sham-ME for taking 3 days off for something minor like a thumb injury.

steff
07-09-2002, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice

At least this explanation would make sense and would explain why no one's called out Sham-ME for taking 3 days off for something minor like a thumb injury.

But if it's true... he should be hung by his shrunken balls for leaving her and going to Milwaukee.

LongDistanceFan
07-09-2002, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice

At least this explanation would make sense and would explain why no one's called out Sham-ME for taking 3 days off for something minor like a thumb injury. yup and if true, i am guilty of imaging the worst. of shamme.