PDA

View Full Version : Phillies sign Pods to minor league deal

vinny
05-23-2011, 11:12 AM
Link (http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2011/05/phillies-sign-scott-podsednik.html)

Wonder if he'll ever overcome his plantar fasciitis...

Rohan
05-23-2011, 11:36 AM
If they want to put Podsednik in in Shane Victorino's absence... That could be interesting.

ChiSoxGal85
05-23-2011, 11:39 AM

I've had it; it hurts like hell and it takes forever to heal. I like Pods, and I wish him the best, but I'm glad it wasn't the Sox who picked him up.

Red Barchetta
05-23-2011, 12:14 PM
Wishing Scotty Pod the best, however it appears as his speed diminishes, the less options he has. At age 35, this might be his last shot.

His suprise walk off HR in the WS was incredible. Unlike Konerko who I was anticipating (hoping) for a HR, when Scotty's left the bat, I was thinking double or triple only to see it carry into the stands. :D:

grenda12
05-23-2011, 04:53 PM

I've had it; it hurts like hell and it takes forever to heal. I like Pods, and I wish him the best, but I'm glad it wasn't the Sox who picked him up.

Ive just developed it here in the last 2 wks and it does hurt like hell.

GlassSox
05-24-2011, 12:19 AM
Best of luck to Scott, I hope he has some success. He was an important ingredient in 2005 with him in lead off spot and the Gooch hitting 2nd.

Watching that 2005 WS game 2 home run will always be remembered by the wife and I.

hula
05-27-2011, 05:16 PM
I love Pods and hope it works out well for him!

goofymsfan
05-28-2011, 04:57 PM

Off topic:
What helped me get over it was rolling my foot around on a softball while seated and alternating that with a plastic bottled filled with water that was frozen. Took nearly 6 months to heal.

Back on topic:
Was glad to get his autograph when he was in Tacoma with the Las Vegas 51's and hope he does better with the Phillies and with any luck gets called up prior to the Philly's coming to Seattle

pythons007
05-28-2011, 11:29 PM

Off topic:
What helped me get over it was rolling my foot around on a softball while seated and alternating that with a plastic bottled filled with water that was frozen. Took nearly 6 months to heal.

I think I just developed it this weekend. It hurts like hell to walk and it's in the arch of my foot and in my toes. It feels like my tendens are pulling my toes up.

I actually was rolling my foot over a ball and it felt like a deep body massage on a tight muscle.

Is this what I have? Screw going to a doctor, I'm asking on WSI!!!:D:

#1swisher
05-31-2011, 02:23 PM
Stay strong Scotty!

Glad you could help others with plantar fasciitis. :redneck

sunofgold
05-31-2011, 03:58 PM
Scotty doesn't know what team he will wind up on next. How about possibly a first place team?

I give Scotty credit. He keeps trying. Have to love that.