PDA

View Full Version : An agrument from last year


Dadawg_77
07-08-2002, 04:26 PM
Who would you rather see traded
Carlos Lee or Paul Konerko?

Bucktown
07-08-2002, 04:34 PM
Neither. Never. Next question.

duke of dorwood
07-08-2002, 04:41 PM
Lee may be DH heir apparent. Paulie is untouchable.

Jerry_Manuel
07-08-2002, 04:46 PM
I'd move Konerko if we could get a Barry Zito or Tim Hudson. I don't think the A's are in the market to move either of them though.

LongDistanceFan
07-08-2002, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel
I'd move Konerko if we could get a Barry Zito or Tim Hudson. I don't think the A's are in the market to move either of them though. i voted for lee to be traded, i think. either way, i been saying that lee needs to go for prospects......... and still does.

now for a new vote, i would only trade pauie if we get an outstanding list of prospects or combo pitching for him....... otherwise i would be very hesitant on trading him

Jerry_Manuel
07-08-2002, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by LongDistanceFan
i voted for lee to be traded, i think. either way, i been saying that lee needs to go for prospects......... and still does.

now for a new vote, i would only trade pauie if we get an outstanding list of prospects or combo pitching for him....... otherwise i would be very hesitant on trading him

Lee isn't going to get the team much if he's hitting .250. Konerko is having a hell of a year, and if someone wanted to talk about dealing for him, I'd listen.

LongDistanceFan
07-08-2002, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel


Lee isn't going to get the team much if he's hitting .250. Konerko is having a hell of a year, and if someone wanted to talk about dealing for him, I'd listen. true about paulie and you are correct about lee and his hitting 250 and value.

we have to be stupid not to listen to any trade suggestion....... like when i was young and the sox had a chance of getting randy johnson........... the rumor was the sox will send their 5 best pitching prospects for him

1. scott rufcorn
2. johnny ruffin
3. bere
4. jb
5. for the life of me i can't remember

my friends and i were arguing about that and i said hell yes and well it went round and round......... bottom line anybody is trade able for the right price...........

Jerry_Manuel
07-08-2002, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by LongDistanceFan
bottom line anybody is trade able for the right price...........

There it is, even Buehrle is tradeable, but it better be for a boat load of talent.

Paulwny
07-08-2002, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel


There it is, even Buehrle is tradeable, but it better be for a boat load of talent.

KW would forget to ask for talent and we'd end up with the boat.

LongDistanceFan
07-08-2002, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel


There it is, even Buehrle is tradeable, but it better be for a boat load of talent. ohhhh i so agree with you........

Jjav829
07-08-2002, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by Paulwny


KW would forget to ask for talent and we'd end up with the boat.

:KW
I was thinking of trading Buehrle to get Josh Fogg back! I may even ask for Sean Lowe as well.