PDA

View Full Version : Canseco wants to stay in Chicago?

Daver
08-06-2001, 09:27 PM
Read for your self.

http://www.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/news/cws_news_story.jsp?article_id=cws_20010806_gamerec ap_news&team_id=cws

Jerry_Manuel
08-06-2001, 09:29 PM
Well wanting to and doing so are 2 different things.

danman31
08-06-2001, 09:30 PM
Hey Daver, are you trying to dethrone Jerry as the master of news clippings? I've noticed more stories from you than Jerry lately. Jerry are you gonna defend your crown or hand it over to Daver?

Jjav829
08-06-2001, 09:31 PM
I think daver has definately taken it over.

FarWestChicago
08-06-2001, 09:32 PM
I'm glad Daver is posting the links. I'm busy with geek stuff and it's nice to be able to get directed to news without having to go looking for it.

Jerry_Manuel
08-06-2001, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by danman31
Hey Daver, are you trying to dethrone Jerry as the master of news clippings? I've noticed more stories from you than Jerry lately. Jerry are you gonna defend your crown or hand it over to Daver?

I don't care who posts the news as long as someone does it's all right with me.

danman31
08-06-2001, 09:35 PM
Yeah, I'm always happy to see the news on the site.

doublem23
08-06-2001, 09:40 PM
That's all nice and stuff that Kanseco WANTS to stay here, but so did JB. Kanseco has been a good pickup, and has definately been MUCH better than anyone thought he would be, but let's be realistic, here. He's got no place on this team when it is healthy.

Daver
08-06-2001, 09:57 PM
I'm not trying to do anything,just passing things along that I see haven't been posted,and Jerry has nothing to worry about he finds things much better than I do.
Rednecks stick to the obvious places.

Jerry_Manuel
08-06-2001, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by daver
I'm not trying to do anything,just passing things along that I see haven't been posted,and Jerry has nothing to worry about he finds things much better than I do.
Rednecks stick to the obvious places.

I have my sources!

:boston
Magglio Ordonez is still not signed and wants 12 million a year according to my friends in the Sox front office.

CerberusWG
08-06-2001, 11:42 PM
The only way we could keep Canseco, is if we move him to RF, Maggs to Left, Lee either traded or move him to the infield, and trade Konerko.

A lineup with Canseco, Thomas, Maggs is a damn scary one.

OfficerKarkovice
08-06-2001, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by CerberusWG
A lineup with Canseco, Thomas, Maggs is a damn scary one.

So was last years lineup with Thomas, Maggs, and Lee. It all depends on who is hitting. 2 weeks ago when Jose had struck out like 10 times in a row everybody was about ready to castrate him...now he is the great savior and a key to next year.

Mathew
08-06-2001, 11:57 PM
I think it is more likely he will be the castrated than the hero by season's end. Untill then more power to him I guess.

OfficerKarkovice
08-06-2001, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by Mathew
I think it is more likely he will be the castrated than the hero by season's end. Untill then more power to him I guess.

I couldnt agree more...but I really do hope for the best for him.

PutItOnTheBoard
08-07-2001, 12:01 AM
One of the interesting things from the article that daver posted is the quote from Wright where he says "I didn't think about (the no-hitter) much," said Wright, who is 2-0 with a 3.97 ERA as a starter. "There seemed to be a guy on base all day long. After Aaron (Rowand) made the great play in center field, I thought about it."

As I was watching the game, I had a bad feeling about the delay after Aaron went down. Anytime you have a pitcher in a groove, you don't want to see any unnecessary delays that might screw up his concentration. But this was doubly bad in the sense that not only was it a delay but he was probably sitting up there realizing that Aaron had gone down for him. And that if not for that great effort he'd have given up a double or possible even more.

I just kind of felt that that was it, and sure enough the next batter broke up the no-no. Of course, it would've been broken up anyway without Aaron's great effort.

Anyway, it's nice to see a real team-first mentality developing among these young Charlotte guys.

And, with apologies to CLR, Singleton can take the first flight out of O'Hare as far as I'm concerned.

Tragg
08-07-2001, 12:09 AM
"The only way we could keep Canseco, is if we move him to RF, Maggs to Left, Lee either traded or move him to the infield, and trade Konerko. "

And our defense goes from bad to horrendous

We are too home run dependent as it is. We need guys who can get on base. Hopefully, we'll trade conseco so that we actually get something for him. In the end, I suspect he just signs with another team next year.

Mathew
08-07-2001, 12:17 AM
It's hard to find that the rest of the team doesn't have any heart. Again the opposites from last year are alarming. The injuries should have made the guys rally around each other and turn it up instead it looks dead. The fact that management and coaching seem content with mediority doesn't help. Manuel doesn't owe these players anything. Anyone see Tejada get pulled from the game Saturday night for not running out the ground ball. 7th inning tie game, yanked him for no hustle. Imagine if the Sox players were disiplined for all of their lack of hustle or god forbid even poor play or fielding/baserunning errors.