PDA

View Full Version : Farmio Explains Last Night's Loss

KingXerxes
05-17-2011, 08:54 PM
:farmer

"Before we get to tonight's pre-game show here on the radio, and we do thank you very much for listening, I'd like to take a moment and address what I believe is a major problem for our White Sox - not White Stockings - that team was a National Association and National League team in Chicago now called the Cubs, but once also called the Orphans and Colts when they played in the modern National League which is generally accepted as the year when the American League - which has the White Sox - came in existence, when Texas comes to town and I think we saw it play out last night."

:DJ

"What?"

"You see, this Texas team is managed by Ron Washington, which is ironic because prior to playing in Texas the Rangers played in Washington but were known as the Senators, and Ron Washington played for Minnesota which also played in Washington, which was also known as the Senators, but also as the Nationals in the media, but not at the same time that the Texas Rangers played in Washington, although I guess both Minnesota and Texas could now play in Washington in an interleague game......although not against each other unless some sort of catastrophe happened in either Minneapolis or Arlington."

"Look Ed, we've got to talk about tonight's pitchers......"

"I'll get right to that Dee Jay, but first let me straighten out some of the confusion that our listening audience is most certainly experiencing whenever Texas or Minnesota come to town, and probably felt as well when we played the Nationals - not the Senators who were nicknamed the Nationals in the American League now playing as the Twins as opposed to the Senators who now play as the Rangers who were never referred to as the Nationals or even the Senators in the American Association and National League who were called the Nationals as well and may very well have played the Chicago White Stockings in a game or two, but the National League Washington Nationals who play in Washington now, as opposed to the Washington National teams in the National Association, the American Association, the Union Association, and then the pre-modern National League which we spoke of earlier who were never called the Senators."

"Come on Farmer - the starting pitchers for God's Sake!"

"Well one starting pitcher I can think of is Washington Clickenger who toiled for the Newark Newks and the Lancaster Lanks of the Ohio State League in 1910. He went 9-13 in that season and - I guess - decided to call it a career at that point. Not all of the Ohio State League teams in 1910 had nicknames that were simply shortened versions of their cities - the Lima, Ohio franchise was nicknamed the Cigarmakers, although I'm not sure why, but to all the kids out there - don't start smoking cigars, they're not good for you. Lots of Washingtons in baseball, and not all of them pitchers or teams. Claudell Washington who our White Sox traded Bobby Bonds to get in 1978 and a little later Bobby Bonds ended up on the Cleveland Indians who will be in later this week. Now Bobby Bonds never changed his name, not that I know of, but a lot of stadiums have undergone name changes."

"Why do I get the feeling this is going to go back to Wa....."

"For instance, most people know that the Washington Senators who now play in Texas used to play in RFK Stadium in Washington which is where the present day Washington Nationals - as opposed to the other Senators teams nicknamed the Nationals carving out the Texas Rangers who were not referred to as the Nationals when they played as the Senators - also got their start, but how many people know that RFK Stadium itself was originally called D.C. Stadium until it was renamed in 1969? But here's the real twist. The Texas Senators also played its initial year in Griffith Stadium which was the long time home to the now Minnesota Senators and Nationals - but the park wasn't always known as Griffith Stadium. Prior to that it was American League Park, Beyer's Seventh Street Park, League Park, National Park and then ultimately Griffith Stadium which is really odd because then both Cleveland and Washington would have had a ballpark known as League Park, and this must have made it very difficult for the traveling secretaries in the American League................Hey - don't laugh Dee Jay - one time I showed up at Municipal Stadium in Cleveland for a game only to find out that the rest of the team went to Municipal Stadium in Kansas City. Anyway, Washington Fulmer of the Brooklyn Atlantics of the National Association - as opposed to the National League either modern of ancient, or should that be pre-modern.........whatever that's not important - toiled on a team that went 2 - 42 in 1875, but I'm not sure that he is any relation to Brad Fulmer who played for the Montreal Expos who are now the Washington Nationals of the modern or non-ancient National League. Anyway - I can see how this is all very confusing to the White Sox and their fans, and probably would have been very confusing to the White Stockings as well. What do you think Hawk?"

:hawk

"Mercy............the ol' Ohio State League.............now that was some ol' country hardball I tell ya!"

Daver
05-17-2011, 09:01 PM
Thanks King, I needed that.

Rocky Soprano
05-17-2011, 09:09 PM
You are awesome.

KingXerxes
05-17-2011, 09:31 PM
Thanks guys.

Madvora
05-17-2011, 10:06 PM
I think this might actually be Farmio posting, and he's not looking for any laughs.

DSpivack
05-17-2011, 10:16 PM
Thanks guys.

But how does this tie in to St. Rita?

daveeym
05-17-2011, 10:52 PM
:clap::worship:

WhiteSox5187
05-17-2011, 10:58 PM
This stuff is great and keeps me sane.

voodoochile
05-17-2011, 10:58 PM
:rolling:

:worship:

Post more please...

Brian26
05-17-2011, 11:03 PM
That's a keeper.

:rolling:

Mohoney
05-17-2011, 11:04 PM
I believe that last year KingXerxes posted a gem centered around Hawk right before the midsummer hot streak that rescued the season.

Here's hoping history repeats itself.

KingXerxes
05-17-2011, 11:13 PM
But how does this tie in to St. Rita?

"That's a great question and thank you for asking it. I was trying to get around to it but ran out of time in the booth. While Washington has baseball teams in Minnesota and Texas, and one that previously played in both Montreal and San Juan - check that - Minnesota, Texas, Montreal and San Jose all played road games as well so they weren't exclusive to Washington, St. Rita also had a 2000 graduate by the name of Darnell Miller who went on to play at George Washington University for four years which hopefully clarifies the point I was trying to make earlier."

vinny
05-17-2011, 11:25 PM
:threadrules:

moar, plz

DSpivack
05-18-2011, 12:20 AM

"That's a great question and thank you for asking it. I was trying to get around to it but ran out of time in the booth. While Washington has baseball teams in Minnesota and Texas, and one that previously played in both Montreal and San Juan - check that - Minnesota, Texas, Montreal and San Jose all played road games as well so they weren't exclusive to Washington, St. Rita also had a 2000 graduate by the name of Darnell Miller who went on to play at George Washington University for four years which hopefully clarifies the point I was trying to make earlier."

Wow, you weren't kidding?

http://www.stritahs.com/athletics/basketball/profiles.html

StillMissOzzie
05-18-2011, 01:23 AM
The King lives! Long live the King!

That was some really laugh out loud funny ****, King X. PLEASE, post more often.:praying:

SMO
:lol::rolling::roflmao::worship:

SI1020
05-18-2011, 09:26 AM
Long live the King.

Johnny Mostil
05-18-2011, 09:30 AM
Wow, you weren't kidding?

http://www.stritahs.com/athletics/basketball/profiles.html

The King--and Farmio!--never kid about St. Rita . . .

Johnny Mostil
05-18-2011, 09:34 AM
I think this might actually be Farmio posting, and he's not looking for any laughs.

I particularly heard his voice when I read this:

"You see, this Texas team is managed by Ron Washington, which is ironic because prior to playing in Texas the Rangers played in Washington but were known as the Senators, and Ron Washington played for Minnesota which also played in Washington, which was also known as the Senators, but also as the Nationals in the media, but not at the same time that the Texas Rangers played in Washington, although I guess both Minnesota and Texas could now play in Washington in an interleague game......although not against each other unless some sort of catastrophe happened in either Minneapolis or Arlington."

soxfanatlanta
05-18-2011, 09:41 AM
You sir, should be paid for this!

RedHeadPaleHoser
05-18-2011, 09:47 AM
http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l195/Adrian1039/Seinfeld-Bania.jpg

downstairs
05-18-2011, 12:20 PM
You rock, King.

Paulwny
05-18-2011, 12:32 PM
Hail to the king !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FielderJones
05-18-2011, 01:05 PM
Just a day or two ago someone was complaining about misguided loyalty with keeping the King on. Even if it is a small sample size, I think KX's latest performance shows he still has it, and all this bushwah about DFAing him should be ignored. :tongue:

tacosalbarojas
05-18-2011, 01:08 PM
Great stuff...can't believe you couldn't work in a line or two about fringe prospect Nevin Griffith during the Griffith Stadium tangent.

gobears1987
05-18-2011, 04:28 PM
****ing hilarious!!! The King has returned. I think it has to have been 5 or 6 years since one of these has been posted. I never thought I'd see one of these again.

Risk
05-18-2011, 04:32 PM
Awesome! Cheers King X :gulp:

Risk

Bucky F. Dent
05-19-2011, 01:16 PM
Well done, Sir! Well done!