PDA

View Full Version : 2001 Sox vs 2002 Sox

ChiSoxBobette
07-08-2002, 01:55 PM
All this stuff about Frank well thats just Frank I stuck up for Thomas when a lot of people said he's selfish and not a team player but after what he did Sunday I think thinks thats only a slap in the faces of a team that last year and whenever Frank made some stupid comment stuck by him and supported him, hopefully it will light a fire not only under Franks butt but the whole teams after the all-star break. That being said the 2001 Sox vs the 2002 Sox well last year I went to a lot of games and it seemed they were more exciting they never gave up and we had ballplayers that seemed to care more and pick each other up during the games they always seemed that they would get back in a game they were losing. This year yesterday as an example I was at the game and after Todd(one of the worst trades we ever made)Ritchie gave up that run in the 1st inning it seemed like we were done. Theres no spark, I thought Lofton would bring that to us but if this is what it's going to be the rest of the season then I think we should have kept those 3 young arms we traded for Ritchie, Kept Herbert Perry(who I think we really miss coming off the bench)and kept Chris Singleton. We should have givin that 2001 team that was more exciting had more heart and never let themselves get down a chance this season then if things did'nt work out then I would have said lets make some adjustments.
I get tired of everyone saying that yeah Kip Well & Josh Fogg are doing good now but they would'nt have done it with the Sox well we will never know because our G.M traded them for a pitcher that Manuel said yesterday after the game is a second half pitcher from what I've seem of Ritchie from going to the games is nothing yesterday they we're beating him after he had them 1& 2 or 0 & 2 in the count. I just hope its not to late to get something going. Also Frank should just suck it up and be a team player for a change yesterday I think we all heard and saw who the leader of this team is- Paul Konerko.
Go White Sox

Jerry_Manuel
07-08-2002, 03:54 PM
I think we should have kept those 3 young arms we traded for Ritchie, Kept Herbert Perry(who I think we really miss coming off the bench)and kept Chris Singleton.

Don't we have enough lineup tinkering? My god, if Perry was still here, you wouldn't see the same lineup twice in the same month. Perhaps from a clubhouse standpoint they miss Singleton, but I'll take the potential that Harris has anyday.

I get tired of everyone saying that yeah Kip Well & Josh Fogg are doing good now but they would'nt have done it with the Sox well we will never know because our G.M traded them

First off, Fogg wouldn't even be a starter here since they never saw him as one. Let's just say he would've been this team would have a serious shot at of at least getting to the ALCS in a few years.

I don't know what to think about Wells, he looks good now, but lets see what he does in the 2nd half.

idseer
07-08-2002, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

First off, Fogg wouldn't even be a starter here since they never saw him as one. Let's just say he would've been this team would have a serious shot at of at least getting to the ALCS in a few years.

i wonder if that would have held for this year? seeing how the sox 3rd 4th and 5th starters have been, fogg very well may have become a starter this year at some point early in the seaon.

Jerry_Manuel
07-08-2002, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by idseer
i wonder if that would have held for this year? seeing how the sox 3rd 4th and 5th starters have been, fogg very well may have become a starter this year at some point early in the seaon.

There's way to many if's in this situation. If they don't make the Fogg deal, then perhaps they deal Garland for a pitcher instead.

I'll play along anyway. You never knwo how things would've went in ST.

Buehrle
Garland
Kip
Lowe?
Glover?

Daver
07-08-2002, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by idseer

Fogg couldn't even get added to last years injury riddled staff till the rosters expanded......

idseer
07-08-2002, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by daver

Fogg couldn't even get added to last years injury riddled staff till the rosters expanded......

well, let's assume the trade wasn't made ... and i'll throw in kip as being effective. that gives us mark, kip, and jon. for 4th and 5th positions, between biddle's injuries and glover's and wright's ineffectiveness and rauch's still recovering and parque's worthlessness .... wouldn't fogg maybe have come along maybe a month or more ago?

i mean, who else is there?