PDA

View Full Version : AL Team to Watch?

pudge
07-08-2002, 01:40 PM
Did anyone see the Sox were the AL team to watch by two ESPN experts including Rob Neyer... what does that mean exactly? That we're going to have a great second half? What gave them that idea?? Or does it just mean we score lots of runs so we're interesting to watch? I don't get it.

Paulwny
07-08-2002, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by pudge
Did anyone see the Sox were the AL team to watch by two ESPN experts including Rob Neyer... what does that mean exactly? That we're going to have a great second half? What gave them that idea?? Or does it just mean we score lots of runs so we're interesting to watch? I don't get it.

Possible player movements on and off the team.

kevingrt
07-08-2002, 01:50 PM
Add Tony Gywn to that, he thinks we're the team to watch

soxtalker
07-08-2002, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by Paulwny

Possible player movements on and off the team.

Did they elaborate?

If so, did they mean just player movement, or did they think that there might be a change in manager and/or GM?

Paulwny
07-08-2002, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by soxtalker

Did they elaborate?

If so, did they mean just player movement, or did they think that there might be a change in manager and/or GM?

This is just my opinion, now with Frank's problems, I think they see some changes happening.

bjmarte
07-08-2002, 02:36 PM
Are you sure they didn't say something like "Watch them try try to dig their way out of this hole!"

oldcomiskey
07-08-2002, 02:38 PM
just remember--tradationally we are a second half ballclub

Dadawg_77
07-08-2002, 02:43 PM
Those comments arre ment for team that may come up and battle back from a bad first half. So they think we'll still make a run at it, when its all said and done.

gosox3072
07-08-2002, 04:58 PM
I would think that it means that if any team were to come back to win their division we would be it.
Comon guys you cant really think that we are out of it yet!!! Were a good 2nd half team and Min sucks inthe 2nd half, last year we were 15 behind MIN and at the end we were 2 behind them, who knows maybe the same thing will happen

GOSOX

:gulp: take a break sox

Iguana775
07-08-2002, 07:36 PM
i was watching a game a few weeks ago and one of the comitatory said that he expects the sox to make a run in the second half. said that the pitching will take a little time to come around and that should happen in the second half.

CLR01
07-09-2002, 02:12 AM
Originally posted by gosox3072
I would think that it means that if any team were to come back to win their division we would be it.
Comon guys you cant really think that we are out of it yet!!! Were a good 2nd half team and Min sucks inthe 2nd half, last year we were 15 behind MIN and at the end we were 2 behind them, who knows maybe the same thing will happen

GOSOX

:gulp: take a break sox

If we make up just 3 games a month we finish 1.5 ahead of Minny.

Nellie_Fox
07-09-2002, 02:37 AM
I don't ever want to hear you guys ridicule Cubs fans for being incurable optimists again!

pudge
07-09-2002, 02:44 AM
Originally posted by Nellie_Fox
I don't ever want to hear you guys ridicule Cubs fans for being incurable optimists again!

I agree Nellie - I see this team getting worse in the second half, not better... will Konerko have another month as good as June? Will Lofton ever be as he was in April? Frank is on a downward spiral, Ritchie is a disaster, Garland won't be on a roll forever.

I don't know, I just don't see it happening.

With our history, can you blame me?

CLR01
07-09-2002, 03:05 AM
Originally posted by Nellie_Fox

i'm not saying we are going to do it. Im just saying there is still alot of ball to be played. In no way am i saying we should start printing playoff tickets.