PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Zimmerman

JermaineDye05
05-16-2011, 03:22 PM
What would it take to get this guy from the Nats? I think he'd be a perfect fit for the Sox. He'd be a perfect fit for any team really.

Ever since Joe Crede left, the Sox have had a huge hole at 3B. It looks like Brent Morel could very well be Brian Anderson 2.0. It'd be nice to finally have someone at the hot corner who can field AND hit.

I know Zimmerman won't be cheap since he's been one of the best 3B in the NL for the past couple of seasons and is signed relatively cheaply for the next couple of seasons.

Given the Nats need for SP, I think Danks would be a nice starting point.

kittle42
05-16-2011, 03:32 PM
A decent question. He's a FA next season, so it's very possible the Nats would field offers.

DumpJerry
05-16-2011, 03:40 PM
A decent question. He's a FA next season, so it's very possible the Nats would field offers.
Doubt it. The Nat's ownership are idiots. What did they get for Adam Dunn?

DirtySox
05-16-2011, 03:41 PM
The Nationals would want blue-chip prospects. The Sox have none except for Sale who they undoubtedly would prefer as a starter.

Keep dreaming.

DirtySox
05-16-2011, 03:43 PM

Zimmerman isn't a free agent until 2014.

asindc
05-16-2011, 03:43 PM
What would it take to get this guy from the Nats? I think he'd be a perfect fit for the Sox. He'd be a perfect fit for any team really.

Ever since Joe Crede left, the Sox have had a huge hole at 3B. It looks like Brent Morel could very well be Brian Anderson 2.0. It'd be nice to finally have someone at the hot corner who can field AND hit.

I know Zimmerman won't be cheap since he's been one of the best 3B in the NL for the past couple of seasons and is signed relatively cheaply for the next couple of seasons.

Given the Nats need for SP, I think Danks would be a nice starting point.

Right now, more than you would want the Sox to pay, even if you think they have enough. I'd be shocked if they don't trade him in the offseason before his walk year if they don't work out a new deal with him before the season. They don't want to go through an Alfonso Soriano saga (which worked out fine) or Adam Dunn saga (which didn't) again.

sox1970
05-16-2011, 03:45 PM
We'd have a better shot at getting David Wright.

eriqjaffe
05-16-2011, 03:45 PM
What did they get for Adam Dunn?A draft pick, I would think, since Dunn was a Type A free agent and was offered arbitration.

DirtySox
05-16-2011, 03:50 PM
Maybe it's just me, but I still think this team is more likely to be selling pieces at the deadline instead of attempting to trade for superstars (with close to zero trade depth) who will be making $12 million+ the next two years.

kittle42
05-16-2011, 03:52 PM
Zimmerman isn't a free agent until 2014.

Correct. Cot's has it right. Got my info from Rotoworld.

http://rotoworld.com/player/mlb/4155/ryan-zimmerman

Damn, just when I was hoping it wasn't another pie-in-the-sky, "let's get a guy who has no chance to get traded" thread. Oh, well!

kittle42
05-16-2011, 03:53 PM
We'd have a better shot at getting David Wright.

Correct - he will definitely be on the market.

But I agree more with the sentiment that it should be other teams targeting our tradable veterans and not the other way around. I missed the part where this team wasn't 17-24.

DirtySox
05-16-2011, 03:54 PM
Correct. Cot's has it right. Got my info from Rotoworld.

http://rotoworld.com/player/mlb/4155/ryan-zimmerman

Damn, just when I was hoping it wasn't another pie-in-the-sky, "let's get a guy who has no chance to get traded" thread. Oh, well!

Don't worry. We will acquire a superstar somehow. I hear Jordan Danks is a highly coveted prospect.

The Immigrant
05-16-2011, 03:55 PM
I'm sure KW is simply DYING to do business with Mike Rizzo again.

The Immigrant
05-16-2011, 03:56 PM
I hear Jordan Danks is a highly coveted prospect.

That's a good one, never heard it before! Clever!

sox1970
05-16-2011, 03:58 PM
Correct - he will definitely be on the market.

But I agree more with the sentiment that it should be other teams targeting our tradable veterans and not the other way around. I missed the part where this team wasn't 17-24.

I'm still going on the premise that this team is going to turn it around offensively, and we have good pitching, with the bullpen finally set the way it's supposed to be.

And if they're really going for it (all in), then they'll attempt to add on, rather than sell off. That is, if they're in striking range by the end of June.

kittle42
05-16-2011, 04:02 PM
Don't worry. We will acquire a superstar somehow. I hear Jordan Danks is a highly coveted prospect.

Make fun all you want, Immigrant - as recently as last week, posters here were naming Danks as a viable alternative in the OF while he has shown little reason to think he'll ever by a major-league player on the minor-league level.

DirtySox
05-16-2011, 04:02 PM

Thanks guy.

Hopefully the word spreads around WSI. It's pretty hilarious that people think he's more than 4th OF fodder.

DSpivack
05-16-2011, 04:05 PM
I don't think the Nats will trade Zimmerman, he's the face of the franchise in DC.

That and, as others have said, do the Sox have any prospects who would be in demand in a trade?

kittle42
05-16-2011, 04:21 PM
That and, as others have said, do the Sox have any prospects who would be in demand in a trade?

Waiting for the inevitable "Trade them Jordan Danks, Flowers, deAza, Nunez...."

pythons007
05-16-2011, 04:23 PM
Yeah, I'm pretty sure he is their presetn and future. If they are going to give Werth what they gave him. I'll be willing to bet they are going to lock up Zimmerman soon.

soltrain21
05-16-2011, 04:58 PM
We have absolutely nothing of value to trade.

tstrike2000
05-16-2011, 05:23 PM
It would be nice, but Zimmerman isn't coming here. If Mike Moustakas ends up not meeting expectations, I'm sure Kenny will make his annual deal with Kansas City to get him.

kittle42
05-16-2011, 05:26 PM
It would be nice, but Zimmerman isn't coming here. If Mike Moustakas ends up not meeting expectations, I'm sure Kenny will make his annual deal with Kansas City to get him.

A trade with KC? Kyle Davies fits the bill best - a proven track record of garbage.

getonbckthr
05-16-2011, 05:27 PM
Rather try to get Jose Reyes and move Gordon to 3B...

kittle42
05-16-2011, 05:31 PM

How are we gonna get guys in a trade when we have no tradable assets?

DirtySox
05-16-2011, 05:32 PM

I hardly think the organization is going to jerk Gordon around again positionally.

getonbckthr
05-16-2011, 06:08 PM
How are we gonna get guys in a trade when we have no tradable assets?
I wonder if Viciedo would interest the Mets at all? As a starting point.

kittle42
05-16-2011, 11:05 PM
I wonder if Viciedo would interest the Mets at all? As a starting point.

It sort of starts and ends there, though, doesn't it? Viciedo is no great shakes, either.

LoveYourSuit
05-17-2011, 12:20 AM
Maybe it's just me, but I still think this team is more likely to be selling pieces at the deadline instead of attempting to trade for superstars (with close to zero trade depth) who will be making $12 million+ the next two years.

Agree. I am one of those "all in" go for it all guys who wants my team to spend every dime it has, but enough is enough. They need to back up this truck and hit reset on that old Nintendo System.

I am very concerned at the future financials of this team. You are already one of the higest priced tickets in the game and not drawing fans. This is dangerous times for the White Sox IMO.

Well, maybe some fans will get their wish and JR and Co sells to get out.