PDA

View Full Version : Online ticket sales through clubs revamped

manders_01
05-16-2011, 10:43 AM
Didn't notice this posted anywhere...

Just got online to check prices on tickets for tonight's Rockies game and was surprised to see TM completely revamped. You can now choose your exact seat, very much like StubHub. Clearly the change looking to keep up with SH which as we've all discussed recently, is where many on here go instead of TM.

Check it out (http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/04004633BCAD3C53?tfl=Chicago_White_Sox-Schedule-White_Sox_Schedule-na-x0)

doublem23
05-16-2011, 11:02 AM
Didn't notice this posted anywhere...

Just got online to check prices on tickets for tonight's Rockies game and was surprised to see TM completely revamped. You can now choose your exact seat, very much like StubHub. Clearly the change looking to keep up with SH which as we've all discussed recently, is where many on here go instead of TM.

Check it out (http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/04004633BCAD3C53?tfl=Chicago_White_Sox-Schedule-White_Sox_Schedule-na-x0)

I noticed that during the Bulls/Pacers series when some friends and I were contemplating making the trip to Indianapolis for Game 4. A nice feature, I hate when I have a group of 5-6 or more and we all get forced into one row. Much better to have 2 rows of 3 or whatever.

fox23
05-16-2011, 11:59 AM
Yeah, the NHL has been doing this for a while too. It is very nice for picky people like myself who have to have an aisle seat.

ewokpelts
05-16-2011, 12:02 PM
about fricken time!

manders_01
05-16-2011, 12:08 PM
about fricken time!

That's kinda what I was thinking. Since we all knew the technology was there, why not let the fans use it? It certainly does give the consumer who doesn't mind paying face value (assuming there is less than face value on SH) an opportunity to move away from SH who's sellers seem to skip putting what seats they have on a regular basis (at least the tickets I've looked at).

ewokpelts
05-16-2011, 12:59 PM
thanks to this upgrade, i noticed that there's 143 seats in section 516 for the monday cubs/sox game on sale right now.

too bad there's TM fees AND the sox dynamic pricing is in effect($42 box office price is now $47 through dynamic pricing)

BainesHOF
05-17-2011, 01:22 PM
I wouldn't applaud Ticketmaster. It's often operating like a street scalper these days, with the cooperation of those involved in the event, of course. Hours after the Bulls-Heat series went onsale, the few seats remaining all skyrocketed to scalpers' prices -- $1,200 for main floor, $600 in the 200 section and $250 for the 300 section. I'm not talking about StubHub prices. These were online Ticketmaster prices. In one case, it looked like a whole 300 section was held back just to release the section later at scalpers' prices.

Ticketmaster, the Bulls and the NBA should be ashamed of themselves.

Harry Potter
05-19-2011, 04:36 PM
Yeah, the NHL has been doing this for a while too. It is very nice for picky people like myself who have to have an aisle seat.

Because you're old and have bad knees? :redneck

fox23
05-19-2011, 06:16 PM
Because you're old and have bad knees? :redneck

And the constitution of a 60 year old Grandmother.