PDA

View Full Version : Teahen possibly going on 15-day disabled list

sunofgold
05-15-2011, 06:57 PM
http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/sports/cbsports-teahen-relegated-to-rest-and-medicine-20110513,0,5865797.story

I say put Teahen on the DL and call up Dayan. I'm dyin' for some Dayan. However, article says that we could some Dallas McPherson. Not sure if I want that. lol! Guess Dayan is still gaining more experience in RF>

EnglishChiSox
05-15-2011, 07:02 PM
Is there a 2 year disabled list he can go on

DumpJerry
05-15-2011, 07:06 PM
Last year a DL stint for Teahen started the Big Run in June.

Not saying there was a direct correlation, but...............

sunofgold
05-15-2011, 07:08 PM
Can having Teahen on DL make it a great run? Is there a Teahen factor? 3B belongs to Vizquel in my opinion. Just like last year.

Zakath
05-15-2011, 07:16 PM
He had a decent April, but his May from the plate, even with the limited PT, has been horrid (1-14, 1 RBI, 1 BB, 5 K).

Frankly, I'd rather see Pierre heading to the DL.

KMcMahon817
05-15-2011, 08:08 PM
The problem with calling Viciedo up is that he is out of options. You bring him up, he is up for good.

So if the SOX DL Teahen, then they have a likely DFA situation when he returns, which I think is going to be avoided. Juan and Teahen being designated for assignment is a common topic around these parts, but neither is going to happen. So, that pretty much means Morel will be the odd man out when Teahen returns, IF the SOX were to promote Dayan.

I am guessing that the SOX are going to try to avoid demoting Morel, and therefore, it will not be The Tank that is called up if/when Teahen is sent to the DL. I don't necessarily think that is the right decision though. I would like to see Viciedo up with the big boys, I just can't imagine a situation in which he would get as many at bats as he needs. It is probably best if he contines to get regular at bats and work on his fielding in the outfield in preparation for a starting role next season.

sox1970
05-15-2011, 08:13 PM
The problem with calling Viciedo up is that he is out of options. You bring him up, he is up for good.

So if the SOX DL Teahen, then they have a likely DFA situation when he returns, which I think is going to be avoided. Juan and Teahen being designated for assignment is a common topic around these parts, but neither is going to happen. So, that pretty much means Morel will be the odd man out when Teahen returns, IF the SOX were to promote Dayan.

I am guessing that the SOX are going to try to avoid demoting Morel, and therefore, it will not be The Tank that is called up if/when Teahen is sent to the DL. I don't necessarily think that is the right decision though. I would like to see Viciedo up with the big boys, I just can't imagine a situation in which he would get as many at bats as he needs. It is probably best if he contines to get regular at bats and work on his fielding in the outfield in preparation for a starting role next season.

I don't think that's true. Options are based on years. He was already optioned after he came off the DL, so he can be sent down and called up as much as they want during the season and it doesn't effect his number of options.

If Teahen goes on the DL, Viciedo will get the call. Pierre will hit the bench for a few days, and they'll get by with Vizquel leading off and playing 3B. Morel? Dunno. It would be nice if he knew how to hit again.

KMcMahon817
05-15-2011, 08:20 PM
I don't think that's true. Options are based on years. He was already optioned after he came off the DL, so he can be sent down and called up as much as they want during the season and it doesn't effect his number of options.

If Teahen goes on the DL, Viciedo will get the call. Pierre will hit the bench for a few days, and they'll get by with Vizquel leading off and playing 3B. Morel? Dunno. It would be nice if he knew how to hit again.

You sure? You definitely could be right, but I am certain I read something this week that said he is currently out of options.

Anyone know for sure?

CWSpalehoseCWS
05-15-2011, 08:24 PM
If this is the case, I bet Dayan is called up. I wouldn't mind seeing what McPherson can do though. Might be good to platoon with Morel.

russ99
05-15-2011, 08:29 PM
If this is the case, I bet Dayan is called up. I wouldn't mind seeing what McPherson can do though. Might be good to platoon with Morel.

Either would be a good addition for the bench, but I doubt they'd call up Dayan to ride the bench.

Unless there is an injury to an everyday player (IMO) Dayan should stay put in AAA, keep getting reps in the OF and get ready for a starting spot next season.

forrestg
05-15-2011, 08:31 PM
If DV is out of options bring up Mcpherson until we can bring Dayan up for good. Mcpherson is actually hitting just a little less than Dayan but a respectable .308 and he hits left handed.

Red Barchetta
05-15-2011, 08:57 PM
Last year a DL stint for Teahen started the Big Run in June.

Not saying there was a direct correlation, but...............

....if he goes on the DL and that happens again, he stays there! Period! Don't bring him back. Seriously, compare the SOX 2010 record with Teahen and their record without him on the roster. :?:

soxinem1
05-15-2011, 10:17 PM
I wonder if there can be a 180-day DL......:scratch:

doublem23
05-15-2011, 10:31 PM
Does he have an acute case of suckitis? If its contagious, man, that would explain a lot.

The Immigrant
05-15-2011, 10:48 PM
You sure? You definitely could be right, but I am certain I read something this week that said he is currently out of options.

Anyone know for sure?

His option was used at the start of the season when he was sent down to the minors. During the season he can be moved back and forth without using additional options.

Not sure any of this matters given the way his contract is structured, but that's the general rule for minor league options.