PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Reasons why Frank is benched

Lucky_Boys143035
07-08-2002, 11:58 AM
I'm pissed off about Frank being benched. I'm pissed off because I go to a crap load of games (emphasis on crap) Manuel says he cant help out in the lineup...what a bunch of crap! Frank is on pace to hit 30 homeruns and 100 RBI's. For god sakes has got 4 less RBI's than sammy sosa. Oh but I forgot, hes not on juice therefore he can't put up "good" numbers. Yes i know Frank is hitting .239, but lets face it, Frank will never hit .340 again, hes past his prime, but hes not washed up.

I'm also pisssed because Frank is being blamed for the sox bad playing. Why wasnt Ordonez or Konerko ripped last year? They had about the same power numbers at this time last season. Frank is benched because he is the super star, Maggs is the quiet guy who goes out and does it, same with Konerko.

I know im crazy for sticking up for Frank, but he has givin us so many good times on the south side...

hold2dibber
07-08-2002, 12:17 PM
I do not think that benching Frank will help him regain his form. He needs to go back to his 2000 stance and hit number 6 or 7 in the order and he'll get out of his funk. That said, I do see some value in getting Liefer some playing time, to get his stroke back to help us in the 2nd half or to showcase him as trade bait. But if you're going to do that, you have to sit Frank down before hand and explain the plan so he doesn't go into one of his crybaby routines. UNLESS, however, Manuel orchestrated the whole thing to piss Frank off and hopefully light a fire under him. The big blow up in ST 2000 certainly lead to a productive year by Frank. Maybe Manuel is screwing him around on purpose as a motivational ploy. I don't know. But either way, Frank is basically untradeable because of his contract and he clearly still has the ability to be a powerful hitter. We all have to hope that the Sox and Frank can get him turned around, because if he's raking, the Sox lineup can be very good.

Kilroy
07-08-2002, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by hold2dibber
...if he's raking, the Sox lineup can be very good.

And if he's raking, the other players on the Sox won't be concerned about whether he's in the dugout or not, or shows up late for stretching and BP...

Iguana775
07-08-2002, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by Kilroy

And if he's raking, the other players on the Sox won't be concerned about whether he's in the dugout or not, or shows up late for stretching and BP...

raking?? is he on the infield crew now?? :)

LongDistanceFan
07-08-2002, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by Iguana775

raking?? is he on the infield crew now?? :) damn it took me a while to figure that out.......... :D:

funny