PDA

View Full Version : Frank's Selfishness vs. Sammy's Selfishness

Viva Magglio
07-08-2002, 07:10 AM
While we are not defending Frank Thomas for his latest acts of selfishness, it seems the media is making far more hay out of them than Sammy Sosa blowing off his teammates to be in Chicago for his wife's hand surgery. The surgery is taking place today, yet he had to blow off all the weekend's games but attend this week's festivities in Milwaukee.

What Frank is doing couldn't be more wrong, but I think Sosa's actions are more hurtful to his team than Thomas' are to his. Yet, the media is totally focusing on Thomas and virtually giving Sosa a free pass.

RKMeibalane
07-08-2002, 08:03 AM
You sound surprised. Don't be. The media always does this. When they are faced with a choice of defending Thomas or Sosa, they choose Sosa because he's a Cub. Sammy could get arrested, and I'm sure the Tribune would find some way to justify what he did.

LongDistanceFan
07-08-2002, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
The surgery is taking place today, yet he had to blow off all the weekend's games but attend this week's festivities in Milwaukee.

no shiit did he really go to milwaukee?

Jerry_Manuel
07-08-2002, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by LongDistanceFan
no shiit did he really go to milwaukee?

He's still scheduled to be in the home run derby tonight.

LongDistanceFan
07-08-2002, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

He's still scheduled to be in the home run derby tonight. ummmmmmm nice priorities........ where are the reporters and the story?

RKMeibalane
07-08-2002, 12:28 PM
Funny how whenever Thomas does something wrong, the reporters show up, but they look the other way when Sosa screws up.

I guess this is just the way it is with the Chicago media. There are more Flubs fans than Sox fans, unfortunately. The disease that is the Cubs has continued to infect people by the thousands. It must be stopped.

Dan H
07-08-2002, 05:15 PM
Frank Thomas is his own worst enemy. He should have owned this town and hasn't. His cry baby act is old, and he can't blame the media for that.

Having said that, I do agree Sosa has gotten a pass, at least with this weekend. The Cubs have no hitting, they go to play an Atlanta team that has its usual good pitching and Sammy is no where to be found. He didn't seem to have a real emergency on his hands that he couldn't be with the team. And his home run hop is just as old as Frank's antics. I can't imagine Harmon Killebrew, Willie Mays or Frank Robinson performing that ridiculous act. Sammy thinks he saved baseball. Can he mediate between the owners and the union and stop the strike/lockout?

Nellie_Fox
07-09-2002, 12:46 AM
:shammy
How can you doubt my sincerity? Those three regular season games I took off probably will reduce my season dinger total by at least five.