PDA

View Full Version : New low, even for Thomas

Jerry_Manuel
07-08-2002, 06:02 AM
Usual crap from Mariotti (http://www.suntimes.com/output/mariotti/cst-spt-jay08.html)

jklm
07-08-2002, 07:43 AM
New low, even for Mariotti...

LongDistanceFan
07-08-2002, 08:29 AM
did anybody expect anything different from this moron?

kevingrt
07-08-2002, 09:14 AM
Usual Crap, and you know what...

If Frank comes back to being a .300 hitter with 35 HR's and 130 RBI's this guy will be loving him and smoochin him

idseer
07-08-2002, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by kevingrt
Usual Crap, and you know what...

If Frank comes back to being a .300 hitter with 35 HR's and 130 RBI's this guy will be loving him and smoochin him

wow! some of you need a reality check! this article was pretty right on imo.

i wanted to trade frank right after '00 when his value was at it's peak. i felt a big man like him would age fast AND knew he so into himself there was no way he'd age gracefully.
he'd have been worth a top pitcher and prize cathing or shortstop prospect. now ..... well, what he said about the albatross thing.

if you really believe frank will hit .300/30/100 again .... i think you're dreaming.

cheeses_h_rice
07-08-2002, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by idseer
i wanted to trade frank right after '00 when his value was at it's peak. i felt a big man like him would age fast AND knew he so into himself there was no way he'd age gracefully.
he'd have been worth a top pitcher and prize cathing or shortstop prospect. now ..... well, what he said about the albatross thing.

if you really believe frank will hit .300/30/100 again .... i think you're dreaming.

Congratulations on your amazing crystal ball skillz.

Please, tell us some more things we can expect in the future. Do you have Wednesday's Big Game numbers by chance? Any good stock tips? I take it you also foresaw his massive tricep injury last year?

And count me among those who, while not digging Frank's performance this entire year, believe that he will again approach .300/30/100 at least once more in his career, and perhaps a few times.

idseer
07-08-2002, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice

Congratulations on your amazing crystal ball skillz.

Please, tell us some more things we can expect in the future. Do you have Wednesday's Big Game numbers by chance? Any good stock tips? I take it you also foresaw his massive tricep injury last year?

And count me among those who, while not digging Frank's performance this entire year, believe that he will again approach .300/30/100 at least once more in his career, and perhaps a few times.

nothing amazing about it. at his age and size i felt strongly he'd never approach those numbers again, injury or not. and i said so AT THE TIME. we had several upcomers to fill his role and desperately needed a starting pitcher, ss, and catcher.

as too his future numbers only time will tell. he's already worse than i had suspected he'd be.

doublem23
07-08-2002, 12:43 PM

wow! some of you need a reality check! this article was pretty right on imo.

That's OK. We all think you're a moron, so we're even, eh?

doublem23
07-08-2002, 12:45 PM

nothing amazing about it. at his age and size i felt strongly he'd never approach those numbers again, injury or not. and i said so AT THE TIME. we had several upcomers to fill his role and desperately needed a starting pitcher, ss, and catcher.

as too his future numbers only time will tell. he's already worse than i had suspected he'd be.

Yeah, I can't believe that hang-nail is having such lingering effects. Oh wait, that was a triceps tear. But only a worthless baby couldn't come back from that in a season.

Please, shut up. Go back to the ESPN boards. You blend in with the rest of the Cub trolls a lot more there.

CerberusWG
07-08-2002, 12:47 PM
I emailed Jay..

Jay, please refrain from even covering the White Sox. I think everyone in Chicago would rather see you lodge your head up Sammy Sosa's over inflated steroid ass.

Thanks a bunch.

idseer
07-08-2002, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by doublem23

Yeah, I can't believe that hang-nail is having such lingering effects. Oh wait, that was a triceps tear. But only a worthless baby couldn't come back from that in a season.

Please, shut up. Go back to the ESPN boards. You blend in with the rest of the Cub trolls a lot more there.

hey double, why don't you cram it where the sun don't shine? who the hell do you think you are?
oh, that's right, the dick who thought america deserved 9/11!
i remember you now. let's not blame them .. it's our fault!

what you know about baseball could be fit into a thimble you pantywaist.

and unless you have some ownership in this site you should keep your trap shut about who can and cannot post here!

just cause you side with the crowd who thinks thomas is a saint doesn't mean those of us who'd rather go it without him are all wrong. you have your opinions and i've got mine. i'd suggest you learn to deal with that ! you have to grow up sometme.

CerberusWG
07-08-2002, 01:57 PM

hey double, why don't you cram it where the sun don't shine? who the hell do you think you are?

and unless you have some ownership in this site you should keep your trap shut about who can and cannot post here!

just cause you side with the crowd who thinks thomas is a saint doesn't mean those of us who'd rather go it without him are all wrong. you have your opinions and i've got mine. i'd suggest you learn to deal with that ! you have to grow up sometme.

...**** Lunchbox.

Chisox353014
07-08-2002, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by CerberusWG
I emailed Jay..

Jay, please refrain from even covering the White Sox. I think everyone in Chicago would rather see you lodge your head up Sammy Sosa's over inflated steroid ass.

Thanks a bunch.

LOL! I couldn't have said it better myself.

DVG
07-08-2002, 02:51 PM
:moron

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! At last!!!!! Frank has FINALLY
given me something to nail him with this season!!!! I was
worried for a time!!!!!! No Longer!!!!! He showed up an hour
late for work!!!!! Thank God I've never done that!!!! My efforts to run the Antichrist out of town will succeed!!!!! Then Sammy will have Chicago all to himself and you scum Sox fans will never,
ever, ever have a superstar of comparable worth!!!!! Oh, JOY!!!
How delicious, delicious, delicious!!!!!!! I have him where I want
him. WOOO-HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!

RKMeibalane
07-08-2002, 03:50 PM
I hope Frank comes back from the break on fire. I hope he hits a ball so hard and so far that it nails Mariotti in the back of his huge head as he waters his lawn.

LongDistanceFan
07-08-2002, 03:51 PM

That's OK. We all think you're a moron, so we're even, eh? why the anger at idseer, esp you who is a pacifist and who forgives everybody?

doublem23
07-08-2002, 03:52 PM

L
:whiner:
L

idseer
07-08-2002, 04:00 PM

L
O
L

you can laugh out your butt for all i care.
the fact is i made a rather benign post and you reacted by acting like a punk!
the 'we' reference was rather telling too. like you are part of some click here who says who stays and who goes and who's liked and who isn't.
even tho cheeses reply was a little sarcastic, at least he acted like an adult, not a high school jerk ( which i realize you're not far out of).

if you don't like me for some reason (gee what could that be?) double, i'd suggest you stop reading or replying to my posts!