PDA

View Full Version : The Big Hurt vs. Jerry Manuel

Jerry_Manuel
07-08-2002, 06:54 AM
The long-running battle between White Sox slugger Frank Thomas and his manager is now in its 4th season. Here's a round-by-round recap: (http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-020707roundbyround.story?coll=cs%2Dhome%2Dheadline s)

Interesting.

duke of dorwood
07-08-2002, 09:11 AM
Hey Jerry-FYI-you have to be registered with the Cubune to read your link.

Kilroy
07-08-2002, 09:41 AM
comments from Konerko:
"It's principle," Paul Konerko says. "If I have to go out there and sweat, so should [Thomas].

First of all, this isn't the entire quote from Konerko, so it's creative reporting at best. The entire quote was "I know other quys have been quilty of [being late]. I've been quilty of it. And there are other guys who have taken liberties they shouldn't have. But if I have sweat in the heat, so should everyone else. It's just about principle. That's how I feel, and I think I speak for every player." -- Paul Konerko, as printed in the Times, and played on the Score.

So that's a perfect example of the "reporter" changing the tone of what was said to make Thomas look worse.

But second, what the hell is Konerko trying to say? Other players besides Thomas have been late, including Konerko, but no matter, Paulie's pissed at Thomas this time? This whole thing is ****ed up.

Jerry_Manuel
07-08-2002, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
Hey Jerry-FYI-you have to be registered with the Cubune to read your link.

My bad, I was logged in at the time. If anyone wants me to post it, I can.