PDA

View Full Version : Thomas: I'll go if 'I'm not wanted'

Jerry_Manuel
07-08-2002, 06:47 AM
Benched star's tardiness elicits teammates' barbs (http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-020707soxbreak.story?coll=cs%2Dhome%2Dheadlines)

Frank Thomas opened the door to a trade Sunday by saying he would agree to waive his no-trade rights if White Sox management asks him.

"If they don't want me here, sure, I'd do it," Thomas said after Sunday's 9-3 loss to Cleveland ended the first half on a down note. "I don't want to be somewhere I'm not wanted."

Thomas was surprised to hear the benching may continue, after general manager Ken Williams assured him it was only a three-day break to clear his head.
So what if Thomas sits again Thursday in Detroit?

"We'll handle that one day at a time," Thomas said. "[Manuel] has no reason to hold me out of the lineup after the All-Star break. I saw [the Tribune] story today, and I really didn't appreciate it, to be honest. Too many people are stirring the pot, and it's not necessary."

Thomas was upset that a Tribune article on his benching pointed out he did not sit on the bench during Saturday's game, or come out and shake his teammates hands on the field after the win.

Jerry_Manuel
07-08-2002, 06:52 AM
So, Williams tells him he'll play after the break. While, Manuel hints the benching may continue.

This organization is so screwed up. Forget being on the same page, their not even in the same book.

Kilroy
07-08-2002, 08:55 AM
Didn't Thomas just say on Saturday that he wouldn't waive the clause because his children live here?? Man oh man, what the ****? Someone find out the real story and print it...

LongDistanceFan
07-08-2002, 09:32 AM
from paulie.... ''It's not always just about Frank. It shouldn't be all just about Frank, that isn't the right way to go. It's about a team and finding out what's the best thing to do for this team,'' ....... didn't robin once said something similar about frank that resulted in a fight tween the 2 of them?

KVinc
07-09-2002, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by LongDistanceFan
from paulie.... ''It's not always just about Frank. It shouldn't be all just about Frank, that isn't the right way to go. It's about a team and finding out what's the best thing to do for this team,'' ....... didn't robin once said something similar about frank that resulted in a fight tween the 2 of them?

yeah and frank probably beat the crap out of his punk ass

voodoochile
07-09-2002, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel
So, Williams tells him he'll play after the break. While, Manuel hints the benching may continue.

This organization is so screwed up. Forget being on the same page, their not even in the same book.

So who does JR back if push comes to shove? KW? JM? FT? What if KW sides with FT? Bye bye JM?

Jerry_Manuel
07-09-2002, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
So who does JR back if push comes to shove? KW? JM? FT? What if KW sides with FT? Bye bye JM?

Knowing the Sox they would just hope the problem went away.

If Thomas continues to look bad at the plate, then I think Reinsdorf will envoke the clause and Thomas will be gone. Some team will roll the dice on him.

If Thomas comes back and starts hitting, yet still has trouble with Manuel, than he's the odd man out.

RedPinStripes
07-10-2002, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by KVinc

yeah and frank probably beat the crap out of his punk ass

Punk ass? Robin is the man! He should still be here

RedPinStripes
07-10-2002, 12:22 AM
KW says he'll play huh? Why don't KW keep his dumbass out of the pt decisions and think more about his bad trades and roster moves. :angry:

doublem23
07-10-2002, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes

Punk ass? Robin is the man! He should still be here

I agree that Robin is the man (23... and no, I never liked Jordan); but someone else should be playin third around here.

:crede
I'm an All-Star.... in Triple-A.

RedPinStripes
07-10-2002, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by doublem23

I agree that Robin is the man (23... and no, I never liked Jordan); but someone else should be playin third around here.

:crede
I'm an All-Star.... in Triple-A.

Got that right bud. Crede would be the best glove on this team since Ventura.

:KW
Joe's ready to play. I'm just a moron