LongLiveFisk
05-10-2011, 11:43 PM
Damn.

WhiteSox5187
05-10-2011, 11:43 PM
Oh well. Get them tomorrow.

ShooterMcGavin
05-10-2011, 11:47 PM
It felt like a losing game from the start, with Danks giving up 3 runs in the 1st, and 2 more in the 3rd. Danks didn't have it tonight.

Konerko with another solo home run.

Jeff Gray pitched 3 scoreless innings to close out the game. He kept the game in hand, but in typical 2011 Sox fashion, the offense scored 2 runs.

LongLiveFisk
05-10-2011, 11:48 PM
How many hits did the Sox have tonight? I mean, it wasn't total corpseball, right?

BainesHOF
05-10-2011, 11:49 PM
Get them tomorrow.

I doubt it. We're still dropping popups.

If this keeps up, maybe we'll get Danks on the cheap.

Ozzie looked asleep in the dugout tonight.

Hopefully the Bulls play two more series.

JermaineDye05
05-10-2011, 11:50 PM
How many hits did the Sox have tonight? I mean, it wasn't total corpseball, right?

If you look up corpseball in the dictionary, you will find Greg Walker's picture.

True story.

KnightSox
05-10-2011, 11:54 PM
I really need to find something better to do with my time.

Foulke You
05-10-2011, 11:54 PM
A rare night that Johnny didn't have it and a very tough night for Morel. The offense as a whole hit the ball hard but couldn't find that elusive big hit again. A few positives are Dunn and Ramirez's bats waking up and Jeff Gray ate up 3 innings in relief without a run scored. I wasn't expecting a sweep against first place LAA. Big game tomorrow for the mental mindset of this team. Peavy's return plus a second straight series victory is on the table.

LongLiveFisk
05-10-2011, 11:58 PM
Win the series tomorrow and it takes a lot of the sting out of tonight's loss.

kittle42
05-11-2011, 12:09 AM
Brent Morel is not ready for prime time.

The offense overall is not good.

Big Hurt so good
05-11-2011, 12:21 AM
If you look up corpseball in the dictionary, you will find Greg Walker's picture.

True story.

No, no, no... you will find a picture of Ozzie Guillen... HOLDING a picture of Greg Walker...

True story.

DrCrawdad
05-11-2011, 12:21 AM

Meanwhile Tuesday night in AAA Viciedo went 4 for 5. Too bad he isn't playing 3rd base much at AAA.

Nellie_Fox
05-11-2011, 12:22 AM
The term "corpseball" is tired and worn out.

The "if you look up X in the dictionary, you'll find a picture of Y" joke is even more tired and worn out.

WhiteSox5187
05-11-2011, 12:30 AM

I am honestly starting to wonder if Teahen isn't a better option. He's a bad defender, but in the few games he's played this year he has actually looked better than Morel both offensively and defensively.

JB98
05-11-2011, 12:31 AM
This one was mostly on Danks. He stunk tonight.

Nice job by Gray to eat up those innings and save the bullpen for tomorrow.

kittle42
05-11-2011, 12:33 AM
I am honestly starting to wonder if Teahen isn't a better option. He's a bad defender, but in the few games he's played this year he has actually looked better than Morel both offensively and defensively.

Brent Morel has shown one thing this season - he is not a major league 3B at this time. Hell, he may never be.

But really, this team should be good enough to be fine with one automatic out in the lineup as it was supposed to be in 2006. It's not.

ShooterMcGavin
05-11-2011, 12:47 AM

Morel's 2 errors tonight, including dropping a can of corn popup, combined with his lack of hitting, merits a game on the bench tomorrow. I'm fine with Teahen starting at 3B tomorrow.

guillensdisciple
05-11-2011, 01:16 AM
and this is why I am not getting optimistic.

Crooked Number
05-11-2011, 01:25 AM
Danks was terrible. Of course the offense once again couldn't provide any substantial run support for him. Plenty of opportunities to get back into this one. Dunn is getting some real nice line drive hits. However that K after Alexei's lead off double was horrific. Someone besides Paul has got to be able to drive in runs.

Peavy tomorrow, big game. Two out of three here would be a tremendous lift. Let's see if Jake can give this team a shot in the arm, instead of another shot in the foot. We got enough guys shooting feet around here.

ChiSoxGal85
05-11-2011, 02:23 AM
I can swallow a loss like this much more easily when it's preceded by some wins. Danks was just not good today; the Angels hit him hard all over the place. And the Sox offense was weak.

I swear, the more Stone or Hawk or Ranger tout the fact that a certain pitcher isn't good against the Sox, the more likely the Sox are to lose to that pitcher (gut feeling only, no data to support it :cool: ).

Brent Morel...hmmm...that was a pretty awful muck-up of a pop up, and another bad throw. Won't be surprised or unhappy if Teahen starts tomorrow.

I'm hoping Peavy's start tomorrow will kick start the Sox offense.

CWSpalehoseCWS
05-11-2011, 03:23 AM
Meanwhile Tuesday night in AAA Viciedo went 4 for 5. Too bad he isn't playing 3rd base much at AAA.

Too bad the Sox have no one but Pierre to lead off. I'd love to see Dayan in LF/RF with Quentin in the other spot. I don't think Dayan is entirely ready, but his potential bat looks real nice in the lineup, especially with everyone hitting to their career norms.

palehozenychicty
05-11-2011, 06:02 AM
Saw the highlights. Danks was just not on it. Hope Jake can give this team a shot in the arm. That's about all we have left.

October26
05-11-2011, 07:06 AM
I can swallow a loss like this much more easily when it's preceded by some wins. Danks was just not good today; the Angels hit him hard all over the place. And the Sox offense was weak.

I swear, the more Stone or Hawk or Ranger tout the fact that a certain pitcher isn't good against the Sox, the more likely the Sox are to lose to that pitcher (gut feeling only, no data to support it :cool: ).

Brent Morel...hmmm...that was a pretty awful muck-up of a pop up, and another bad throw. Won't be surprised or unhappy if Teahen starts tomorrow.

I'm hoping Peavy's start tomorrow will kick start the Sox offense.

I appreciate your summary from last night's game since I was unable to watch it. I am also hopeful about Peavy's start. And nervous.

ChiSoxGirl
05-11-2011, 07:37 AM
Since I had to be up at 5:30 this morning, I went to bed early. I put the game on the radio in the bedroom and heard PK hit his solo shot just as I got in bed. Despite the small feeling of optimism I had when he took Piniero deep, I still felt like the game was a lost cause when Danks gave up three in the first. When Danks is on, he usually holds teams scoreless early on and if he does give up runs, it's usually at the midway point in the game.

Despite his crappy outing last night, it's still hard for me to believe Danks is the only winless starting pitcher on the staff at 0-6. He has company, though; I'm the only winless game reporter on the WSI staff. :tongue:

Nelfox02
05-11-2011, 12:35 PM
Brent Morel has shown one thing this season - he is not a major league 3B at this time. Hell, he may never be.

But really, this team should be good enough to be fine with one automatic out in the lineup as it was supposed to be in 2006. It's not.

well, its not like Brent came in as a highly regarded prospect......I think the general consensus was give us a great glove and we will take whatever you provide at the dish as a bonus. He still could be become a solid 3B, maybe if the team was in a better position I would bang the drum to send him down or see a more Teahen/Omar.....but in going forward I care more about seeing if this guy can turn the corner or not. Will 3B be yet another hole this team to fill? hopefully not.

kittle42
05-11-2011, 12:48 PM
Will 3B be yet another hole this team to fill? hopefully not.

Seriously. The ones at LF, 2B, and C are tough enough.

Crestani
05-11-2011, 01:12 PM
Since I had to be up at 5:30 this morning, I went to bed early. I put the game on the radio in the bedroom and heard PK hit his solo shot just as I got in bed. Despite the small feeling of optimism I had when he took Piniero deep, I still felt like the game was a lost cause when Danks gave up three in the first. When Danks is on, he usually holds teams scoreless early on and if he does give up runs, it's usually at the midway point in the game.

Despite his crappy outing last night, it's still hard for me to believe Danks is the only winless starting pitcher on the staff at 0-6. He has company, though; I'm the only winless game reporter on the WSI staff. :tongue:

If memory serves, you had a long losing streak last year as well..??:scratch:

ChiSoxGirl
05-11-2011, 01:40 PM

Yep. I was something like 6-13. Since I switched to Sundays from Saturdays in 2009, I've yet to have a winning record. :mad:

Lip Man 1
05-11-2011, 04:01 PM
Since the All Star break from last year the Sox have had trouble winning on Sunday period.

Lip

ChiSoxGirl
05-11-2011, 07:38 PM

Yep. I was something like 6-13. Since I switched to Sundays from Saturdays in 2009, I've yet to have a winning record. :mad:

Now that I'm home and on my laptop, I can give you an accurate record of my Sunday TBGRs.

2009: 6-17 (I was off by four losses)
2010: 10-14
2011 (so far): 0-2
Overall, since switching to Sundays: 16-33 :whiner:

MtGrnwdSoxFan
05-11-2011, 08:41 PM
Now that I'm home and on my laptop, I can give you an accurate record of my Sunday TBGRs.

2009: 6-17 (I was off by four losses)
2010: 10-14
2011 (so far): 0-2
Overall, since switching to Sundays: 16-33 :whiner:

Ozzie's patented "Sunday Lineups" will do that to you.

ChiSoxGirl
05-12-2011, 07:33 PM
Ozzie's patented "Sunday Lineups" will do that to you.

I actually made a mistake. I'm 0-3 this year, not 0-2, putting my overall record at 16-34. That's even worse than I thought!