PDA

View Full Version : glad to see him benched.....

Garrison
07-08-2002, 03:07 AM
.....Frank Thomas that is. If he isn't producing then he shouldn't be playing. Give Liefer some more rips and hopefully he can do something to help the team. I don't think Thomas should bitch either. Going 0efer every night and striking out all the time isn't helping us any. He hasn't hit out of the funk and that's just it. I think dumping Thomas might be a serious consideration to make. Give some younger guys a shot, we're going nowhere fast. Make some changes. Dumping Thomas would turn heads everywhere and make a statement. "We're not going to accept losing/crap play." Give our guys a kick in the ass is what it would do. Injury or no injury, he should be producing by now.

kevingrt
07-08-2002, 10:22 AM
Make some changes. Dumping Thomas would turn heads everywhere and make a statement. "We're not going to accept losing/crap play."

I wouldn't say drop Thomas because if we did watch what would happen next season, let alone we'd still be paying most of hiis contract and he'd go off for .315 AVG, 37 HR's, 139 RBI's, 115 BB's like he used too, then everybody here would be ripping at KW saying,"why didn't you keep him, you need to give him time"

So watch what you say, and if you really mean it dont come back next season if Frank gets hot and say, this guy is the best and always was, I never said to trade him...

oldcomiskey
07-08-2002, 11:04 AM
My point exactly---I mean I couldnt us to be us LA and just give a great hitter away---who would you get for Thomas? It had better be a helluva lot more than what LA got