05-09-2011, 11:39 PM
Great win tonite, let's keep it going!

cheezheadsoxfan
05-09-2011, 11:39 PM
This is fung! :bliss:

Fung indeed!:wooty:

ShooterMcGavin
05-09-2011, 11:40 PM
E. Jackson pitched a nice, 7-inning scoreless game.

The offense collectively had a nice game as well, scoring 8 runs, started off by Beckham's 2-run, line drive home run.

Quentin with a 3-run DONG.

Sale and Ohman got some scoreless work in too.

Dunn appears to be seeing the ball well.

Nice team win White Sox!

cheezheadsoxfan
05-09-2011, 11:40 PM
And we are no longer the worst team in baseball.:bandance:

ChiSoxGal85
05-09-2011, 11:41 PM
3 IN A ROW!!! The offense continues to support some of that good starting pitching. Much, much, much, much, much better for my TV -- I don't have to throw stuff at it.

Let's make it 4 tomorrow...I hope they saved some offense for Danks!

thomas35forever
05-09-2011, 11:42 PM
Didn't watch most of this one, but fun is winning and winning is fun. Let's make a run of epic proportions.

JermaineDye05
The post-graduation streak is alive and well.

ShooterMcGavin
I haven't been paying close attention to CSN's post-game shows this season, but why is the Sox post-game show leading with the Bulls when they didn't even play tonight?

ChicagoG19
05-09-2011, 11:43 PM
I can get used to this.:D:

PalehosePlanet
05-09-2011, 11:43 PM
And we are no longer the worst team in baseball.:bandance:

Half game ahead of twinkies!

GlassSox
05-09-2011, 11:45 PM
The post-graduation streak is alive and well.:thumbsup:

HaroMaster87
05-09-2011, 11:48 PM
Wanted to watch this one but due to high winds in my area, the power was out until the 8th inning :(

GO WHITE SOX!!!

bluedemon45
05-10-2011, 12:10 AM
8 runs is nice and winning 3 in a row is great! Please keep winning...it makes me so much happier.

Foulke You
05-10-2011, 12:14 AM
3 game win streak has gotten me off the ledge a bit but they still have a huge hole to dig out of. It's nice to see so many hard hit baseballs in one game! Dunn with a nice game, Beckham 2 run dinger, Alexei goes yard, Carlos was a beast, and Edwin's slider was working good.

It's never good to see someone hurt but I hope Vernon Wells misses the rest of this series after coming up lame on that swing. Even though he is struggling this year, he is always a Sox killer. Let's take the series tomorrow and make it 4 straight.

"Don't Stop Now Boys!" :duck:

Crooked Number
05-10-2011, 12:15 AM
Last 7 starts by Sox starting pitching has yielded seven quality starts, with a sub 2 era. If this staff continues this stellar pitching for another week or so (it's not realistic to think this will continue for too much longer) this team could make a real nice dent in getting back to .500.

Very encouraging to see Dunn driving the ball again. Also, Gordon had two really nice hits. Those were the highlights for me. Paulie and Q are continuing their nice seasons thus far. Meanwhile, Pierre, Rios still struggling. Pierre is tough to watch this year. Last season he was pretty damn exciting. I am really hoping he can turn it around, and play up to his potential.

Foulke You
05-10-2011, 12:28 AM
Pierre is tough to watch this year. Last season he was pretty damn exciting. I am really hoping he can turn it around, and play up to his potential.
Juan really looks like he can use a day off but Ozzie rarely sits him. Lately, Juan has been popping out way too much which really isn't his game and when he actually is putting good wood on it, he hits it right into where the defense sets up to play him. I'd like to see him pull the ball a bit more to keep the defense more spread out which will open up his offensive game. Right now they play Juan to hit to the left side of the diamond and Juan has been very accommodating. He also needs to hit the ball on the ground and use his legs to get on base. Juan's base stealing game has been shut down this year too and without that, he isn't giving you a ton of value offensively since he is only slugging .290 I'm hoping it isn't age that is catching up to him and that he is off to a slow start. It's still very early in the season though. Juan's career splits show him to be more of a second half player so hopefully this trend continues and he rebounds.

TDog
05-10-2011, 12:39 AM
Quentin had another monster game. About time. He hasn't had a 5-RBI game since opening day in Cleveland. The day off must have helped. The MLB Network was showing his road numbers, and while those two games skew them, Still, he's been having a pretty good season, even though he was an afterthought among preseason analysts looking at the heart of a lineup featuring Dunn, Konerko and Rios.

Another outstanding start by a White Sox pitcher. He was a solo home run away from shutting out the Twins last week. Dunn seems to be starting to hit on this roadtrip. He still has fewer homers than Ramirez, but if he is going to approach his norms, he should be going on a power tear. Konerko isn't hitting home runs, but he is in a great hitting groove.

Offensively, the White Sox look like they may have turned the corner. Dunn is starting to hit, Beckham's swing looks a lot better. So does Morel's. If the pitching continues to look this good and if the hitting can make up for an occasional off-start, this team may have turned the corner.

ChetChat
05-10-2011, 12:41 AM
Finally! My first White Sox win in a year! Did I have to move to California to see the White Sox win a game? Last year I think I was 0-7. I'm 1-0 in LAA! Yay White Sox! Great to see so many fans out here today. :bandance:

SoxSpeed22
05-10-2011, 12:50 AM
For the first time in a while, the other teams are making mistakes. Everything went right today.

CWSpalehoseCWS
05-10-2011, 01:09 AM
Great win. Everyone seemed to be rolling tonight. So glad to see Beckham and Dunn get some good hits in tonight. Don't stop now boys!

kufram
05-10-2011, 01:18 AM
Another little step and the offense has, seemingly, joined the party. Wow, the Angels must be a really bad team!?

Now... can we win 1 baseball game today?

WhiteSox5187
05-10-2011, 01:31 AM
Please keep winning White Sox.

October26
05-10-2011, 04:54 AM
Great win! I'm having breakfast, getting ready for work, while watching last night's Sox game On Demand. :smile:

Hawk's call of Beckham and Quentin's homers was exciting. Edwin Jackson pitched an outstanding game. Sox offense was terrific last night - wow!

This is a nice way to start my day! :D:

Moses_Scurry
05-10-2011, 05:43 AM
It would be nice if they went on their patented 22-5 run earlier this year. Maybe starting right now?

Dan H
05-10-2011, 06:35 AM
Probably the best all-around game of the year. They need to get to .500 as soon as possible. When they do that, I'll feel good about this team. Meanwhile, I'll enjoy any win when it comes.

soxfanatlanta
05-10-2011, 06:41 AM
The bats are feast or famine.

Enjoy the feast (for a change)

Bucky F. Dent
05-10-2011, 07:00 AM
Waking up to a West Coast victory is like Christmas morning in the Dent household.....not exactly, but it is nice!:)

kufram
05-10-2011, 07:28 AM
The bats are feast or famine.

Enjoy the feast (for a change)

As long as we get the feast I guess I can live with the famine. This team is due for some luck as well as some hitting.

miker
05-10-2011, 07:38 AM
I can't recall the last time I was this jacked about a three game winning streak. Let's hope it's a sign of better times ahead.

balke
05-10-2011, 07:40 AM
As long as we get the feast I guess I can live with the famine. This team is due for some luck as well as some hitting.

I think feast or famine would've worked in 2003-2004 if the Sox had this much pitching. Dunn should explode in late May/June. Maybe these guys can get back to a respectable record by the break.

delben91
05-10-2011, 08:35 AM
I think feast or famine would've worked in 2003-2004 if the Sox had this much pitching. Dunn should explode in late May/June. Maybe these guys can get back to a respectable record by the break.

I'm still concerned that we only get about a week of feast and then sink back into another month of famine. That's the thing with this team, it's great when everyone's hot, but just makes you think they'll all go cold simultaneously again at some point.:scratch:

Harry Chappas
05-10-2011, 09:24 AM
Probably the best all-around game of the year. They need to get to .500 as soon as possible. When they do that, I'll feel good about this team. Meanwhile, I'll enjoy any win when it comes.

Same. Reaching that .500 mark would do wonders for my psyche - the sooner the better.

kaufsox
05-10-2011, 10:00 AM
Such joy from three in a row :D: I hope they make it 4 tonight, more because Danks has pitched pretty well all year and nothing to show for it.

tstrike2000
05-10-2011, 10:03 AM
Guess we need to visit Seattle while the team is crappy. That's when we were in the midst of our winning streak last year. We still have a ways to go, but at least it's a start.

SoxFan1979
05-10-2011, 10:05 AM
Lets make it 4!!!!

TDog
05-10-2011, 10:17 AM
Guess we need to visit Seattle while the team is crappy. That's when we were in the midst of our winning streak last year. We still have a ways to go, but at least it's a start.

The Mariners had won 7 of 9 before the White Sox series. If you include the first game of the White Sox series, the Mariners had won 8 of 10 against the Tigers, Red Sox, Rangers and the one game against the White Sox. Really, the Mariners had been playing pretty good baseball.

Dibbs
05-10-2011, 10:18 AM
Let's give Greg Walker an extension.

kittle42
05-10-2011, 10:32 AM
Let's give Greg Walker an extension.

Post of the thread.

I'll be watching this team with guarded-something-close-to-mild-optimism until they look good over a 10-game stretch or so. But in the meantime, wins are nice.

tstrike2000
05-10-2011, 10:42 AM
The Mariners had won 7 of 9 before the White Sox series. If you include the first game of the White Sox series, the Mariners had won 8 of 10 against the Tigers, Red Sox, Rangers and the one game against the White Sox. Really, the Mariners had been playing pretty good baseball.

I'm not taking anyway from the Sox or Seattle. The Sox played two good games Saturday and Sunday, but Seattle's still below .500, too along with most likely being the worst team in the west.

PorkChopExpress
05-10-2011, 10:42 AM
It is so nice to see this team working right. So far this this year, it felt so much worse than last year when they started out so poorly, but around this time last year, they were 15-22. Right now they are 14-22. I don't know if they have a run in them like they did last year, but here's to hoping!:gulp:

Lip Man 1
05-10-2011, 10:53 AM
Still have a very long way to go just to get back to break even but at least they've shown some life the past few days. That's encouraging. They need to concentrate on winning series, after they get back to .500 they can start to think about other things.

-----------------------------

JB:

I know you've discussed this in the past. This was an interesting quote from Walker today, in my opinion and seems to lend credibility to your thoughts on the team's mental state the past few years:

‘‘The best explanation for this many players scuffling is, we got punched in the mouth two weeks into the season, and we got shook. Now we’re starting to fight the other team instead of ourselves. Everybody for a couple of weeks was walking around with their heads hanging, and it snowballed into something ugly."

Lip

delben91
05-10-2011, 11:05 AM
Post of the thread.

I'll be watching this team with guarded-something-close-to-mild-optimism until they look good over a 10-game stretch or so. But in the meantime, wins are nice.

Winning 8 of out 10 would get me back to thinking this team isn't totally hopeless. Still not convinced they have it in them though. Part of me expects the bottom to fall out of the offense any game now.

downstairs
05-10-2011, 11:39 AM
Twins lose! We're no longer the worst team in Major League Baseball! Yes!!!!! Mercy!!!! You've gotta be bleeping me!!!!

GoSox2K3
05-10-2011, 11:53 AM
Winning 8 of out 10 would get me back to thinking this team isn't totally hopeless. Still not convinced they have it in them though. Part of me expects the bottom to fall out of the offense any game now.

They need to win another 8 in a row just to get to .500.

I hope Rios and Dunn are truly going to continue hitting like $12M men now. I'm encouraged by the good outings by the starting pitchers of late too. Most of the bullpen is looking better too.

Finally there have been a few games in a row that were enjoyable to watch. But I've seen enough of how Ozzie's teams have performed over the last 5 years to get my hopes up too much. If they go on a little run now, it will actually fit the patter under Ozzie of looking like **** and then going on a little tear and then faltering back down to earth.

The Immigrant
05-10-2011, 12:01 PM
Our starting pitchers have given up only one homerun in the last seven games and have allowed a total of eight earned runs in that span. That's pretty ****ing good.

delben91
05-10-2011, 12:05 PM
Our starting pitchers have given up only one homerun in the last seven games and have allowed a total of eight earned runs in that span. That's pretty ****ing good.

And the Sox are only 4-3 over that span.

That's pretty horrendous.

soxinem1
05-10-2011, 12:35 PM
E. Jackson pitched a nice, 7-inning scoreless game.

The offense collectively had a nice game as well, scoring 8 runs, started off by Beckham's 2-run, line drive home run.

Quentin with a 3-run DONG.

Sale and Ohman got some scoreless work in too.

Dunn appears to be seeing the ball well.

Nice team win White Sox!

Seems once the bottom of the order started drilling the ball in SEA Dunn's bat woke up. The ball sounds good comiing off his bat, and that makes Paulie, TCQ, and Rios all better hitters.

JB98
05-10-2011, 12:41 PM
Still have a very long way to go just to get back to break even but at least they've shown some life the past few days. That's encouraging. They need to concentrate on winning series, after they get back to .500 they can start to think about other things.

-----------------------------

JB:

I know you've discussed this in the past. This was an interesting quote from Walker today, in my opinion and seems to lend credibility to your thoughts on the team's mental state the past few years:

‘‘The best explanation for this many players scuffling is, we got punched in the mouth two weeks into the season, and we got shook. Now we’re starting to fight the other team instead of ourselves. Everybody for a couple of weeks was walking around with their heads hanging, and it snowballed into something ugly."

Lip

That's really been the problem with this club for a few years now. It's hard for fans to have faith in the players if the players don't have faith in themselves. At times, I can see the lack of confidence in their body language. It makes me want to change the channel.

Every team will face adversity during a 162-game season. The key is minimizing losing streaks. You're gonna have a bad week or a bad 10 days here and there. That **** happens. But you can't allow a bad week to turn into three bad weeks. This club, unfortunately, allows that to happen. They tend to crumble when adversity comes.

They've played good ball the last three or four days, but this needs to continue for a good long while to get out from this hole. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Pleased with what I've seen from the starting pitchers lately. Guys have been throwing the ball well.

guillensdisciple
05-10-2011, 01:10 PM
It is so nice to see this team working right. So far this this year, it felt so much worse than last year when they started out so poorly, but around this time last year, they were 15-22. Right now they are 14-22. I don't know if they have a run in them like they did last year, but here's to hoping!:gulp:

Don't forget that the run the White Sox had last year came immediately after the Blackhaws won the Stanley cup so if we start our run now, we will at least have more breathing room.

captain54
05-10-2011, 02:22 PM
They've played good ball the last three or four days, but this needs to continue for a good long while to get out from this hole. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

If the Sox can get to .500 by Memorial Day I would see the season possibly being salvaged. Otherwise, if not, 2012 is the only thing to look forward to, and hopefully a new direction.

There's 20 games left until Memorial Day, and they'd have to go 14-6 to play .500 ball up until that point. There's a brutal stretch of 18 games in a row, and the 20 games are with the Angels, A's, Rangers, Red Sox, Indians and Dodgers.

Foulke You
05-10-2011, 05:22 PM
If the Sox can get to .500 by Memorial Day I would see the season possibly being salvaged. Otherwise, if not, 2012 is the only thing to look forward to, and hopefully a new direction.

There's 20 games left until Memorial Day, and they'd have to go 14-6 to play .500 ball up until that point. There's a brutal stretch of 18 games in a row, and the 20 games are with the Angels, A's, Rangers, Red Sox, Indians and Dodgers.
I disagree. I think if they can get to .500 or slightly above by the all star break, they still will be in a position to win the division. It doesn't have to be June although that would be very nice. I don't see the Tribe or Tigers running away with this thing. 85 or 86 wins might take the division this year.