PDA

View Full Version : Insurance Policy on Peavy Contract

sunofgold
05-09-2011, 11:51 AM
I heard that Peavy's current contract came with an insurance policy if Peavy was injured. Does anybody know any details of this or how this policy would work? When would it kick in? Thanks.

MtGrnwdSoxFan
05-09-2011, 12:05 PM
Every time I see this thread bumped, I keep thinking there's been another setback in his progress.

FireMariotti
05-09-2011, 12:44 PM
Every time I see this thread bumped, I keep thinking there's been another setback in his progress.

Same here. It's sad that I am anticipating some sort of setback with Peavy.

KMcMahon817
05-09-2011, 01:48 PM
There was a post on MLBtraderumors (I know, that is not that reliable) a few days ago that said the SOX have already started receiving payments for the insurance policy on Peavy. I don't really have time to look it up, though.

Noneck
05-09-2011, 02:09 PM
There was a post on MLBtraderumors (I know, that is not that reliable) a few days ago that said the SOX have already started receiving payments for the insurance policy on Peavy. I don't really have time to look it up, though.
Here

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2011/05/heyman-on-reyes-lowe-peavy-howard.html

WhiffleBall
05-09-2011, 02:22 PM
It was "reported" (Rosenbloom's Trib blog) last month that it is 65% of his salary after 45 days. 45 days from what we do not know (Spring training, opening day, did it kick in last year?). The blog entry was lacking in details because very few people probably know exactly how it breaks down. There is a link to the blog post somewhere in the Peavy thread.