PDA

View Full Version : Sox vs. Cubs @Wrigley (Ticket Question)

Foulke You
05-09-2011, 11:07 AM
Just a general question to those who have purchased tickets for the crosstown series at Wrigley this season. Have any of you received your tickets in the mail yet? I always choose "hard tickets" over the print at home and I have yet to receive my July 1st tickets to the Sox/Cubs game. I ordered these back in February! This is the longest it has ever taken for them to send the tickets and I'm getting a bit worried that my order got screwed up. Just wondering if any other WSI-ers are in the same boat right now.

pmck003
05-09-2011, 12:59 PM
I received a pair for the Saturday game a while ago.

Foulke You
05-09-2011, 01:40 PM
Thanks for the info. I'm thinking there is a problem then. I smell a 20 min conversation with a Cubs ticket rep in my future. :mad:

DumpJerry
05-09-2011, 01:59 PM
Have they charged your credit card? That is the strongest indication of whether or not there is a problem. If they have charged it and the Cubs won't work it out, then file a protest with your credit card.

Since tickets are bar coded, it will be easy for the Cubs to zap the bar codes if the issue is that they were lost in the mail.

dwitt76
05-09-2011, 02:05 PM
I had the same problem with the White sox home opener. I never received them in the mail, a quick phone call to ticketmaster and I just picked them up at will call day of the game. I assume Wrigley is the same.

ewokpelts
05-09-2011, 04:42 PM
call tickets.com customer service. make sure you have your order #

Foulke You
05-09-2011, 07:21 PM
call tickets.com customer service. make sure you have your order #
I tried this today but ran out of patience after being on hold for 10 min. Could be busy because it was Monday and they were closed on the weekend.

Have they charged your credit card? That is the strongest indication of whether or not there is a problem. If they have charged it and the Cubs won't work it out, then file a protest with your credit card.#
Yeah, they charged it and I have a confirmation number. I'm sure I'll get it resolved I'm just not looking forward to the headache. This is not the first time tickets.com has messed up my crosstown series tickets. A few years ago, I opted for will call (instead of hard tickets by mail) and instead of 5 lower terrace seats waiting for me, there were 4 bleacher tickets! Not only the wrong section but the wrong number of seats. They eventually fixed the issue but I ended up with seats about 10 rows further back than they should have been and I just got to my seat 5 min before first pitch despite getting there very early. Since that screw up, I always opt for the actual tickets in my hand rather than will call.

ewokpelts
05-10-2011, 02:15 AM
I tried this today but ran out of patience after being on hold for 10 min. Could be busy because it was Monday and they were closed on the weekend.

Yeah, they charged it and I have a confirmation number. I'm sure I'll get it resolved I'm just not looking forward to the headache. This is not the first time tickets.com has messed up my crosstown series tickets. A few years ago, I opted for will call (instead of hard tickets by mail) and instead of 5 lower terrace seats waiting for me, there were 4 bleacher tickets! Not only the wrong section but the wrong number of seats. They eventually fixed the issue but I ended up with seats about 10 rows further back than they should have been and I just got to my seat 5 min before first pitch despite getting there very early. Since that screw up, I always opt for the actual tickets in my hand rather than will call.tickets.com com will call tickets are printed out when you pick them up.