PDA

View Full Version : Anybody catch the WGN Reinsdorf special?

vinny
05-07-2011, 08:37 PM
Just noticed that it was on from 7-7:30 and I missed it. Any WSI reviews?

#1swisher
05-07-2011, 09:08 PM
I tuned in around 7:15, I forgot to set the dvr. What I did see were highlights of the 05 World Series.
Reinsdorf admitting that he's know as Dr. Gloom. He knew that winning the World Series was a joy for "us" but had no idea what it would mean to the community. The parade with 2 million people, so much love and played a small part in making so many people happy.
That he was completely surprised, to receive on stage, the ball from the last out. Getting the ball from PK was the most emotional moment of his life.

DSpivack
05-07-2011, 09:11 PM
Forgot to DVR it, whoops. Hopefully they replay it.

sox1970
05-07-2011, 10:28 PM
You didn't miss much.

tony1972
05-08-2011, 08:54 PM
I tuned in around 7:15, I forgot to set the dvr. What I did see were highlights of the 05 World Series.
Reinsdorf admitting that he's know as Dr. Gloom. He knew that winning the World Series was a joy for "us" but had no idea what it would mean to the community. The parade with 2 million people, so much love and played a small part in making so many people happy.
That he was completely surprised, to receive on stage, the ball from the last out. Getting the ball from PK was the most emotional moment of his life.

I've always felt Reinsdorf has gotten a bad rap from fans and the media. Admittedly, I was angry after the 94 strike and the 97 trades..but he's one of the most successful owners in sports and I've grown to respect him as the years have went on.