PDA

View Full Version : Ranger Gives Lip a Shout on the Postgame

Brian26
05-07-2011, 10:49 AM
Woke up from my sleep last night to hear Ranger on the postgame give a shout to Mark Liptak, who according to Ranger, "runs a blog or something." :scratch: Really?

So, it wasn't clear if this was an email that Lip sent to Ranger or if this was lifted from WSI. Coincidentally, the topic of "fun bad" came up while I was listening later.

Anyway, Lip was quoted as saying something to the effect that the Sox team batting average in the last 22 games is around .208, which is their worst 22-game stretch of batting since 1968.

Lip Man 1
05-07-2011, 12:28 PM
Brian:

I passed along to some media folks the stat that was it Gavin? posted a few days ago about his friend from the MLB Network saying the 20 game strech which saw the Sox hit .202 as a team was the worst 20 game stretch in franchise history since the mound was lowered before the start of the 1969 season.

By the way that evening MLBN ran a graphic that said in 21 games the Sox were hitting .204. Maybe they adjusted it?

I didn't listen to what Chris said personally so I don't know exactly what he said, Chris does know or should know that I don't run this place, so I don't know where that came from. I've interviewed him and we've actually met and watched a few games together.

Maybe like every other Sox fan Chris was tired and losing the edge last night.

Lip

Big Hurt so good
05-07-2011, 03:32 PM
actually that was me who posted the stat you are referring to, it was a 20-game stretch at .202 after wednesday's twins game...

if the graphic you saw went back 21 games, then they must have gone one game farther back and adjusted it up to .204...

my friend went with the 20-game marker as a nice, round number

Lip Man 1
05-07-2011, 04:34 PM
Either way, 20, 21 or 24 games it's a sickening statistic.

Lip

Foulke You
05-07-2011, 05:20 PM
Either way, 20, 21 or 24 games it's a sickening statistic.

Lip
It is the worst stretch of Sox offense I've ever seen from a team that is not missing any key players from the starting 9. The 2007 team's offense had some truly dismal stretches but it never got this bad and that lineup had Luis Terrero, Andy Gonzalez, and a broken down Darin Erstad in it!!