PDA

View Full Version : Who will be traded by June 1st?

SportsPg
05-04-2011, 07:02 PM
I say TCQ is gone by then. Maybe Buehrle, Pierre - anyone else on a short time contract? I know we're stuck with Peavy, Rios & Dunn.

Will JR order the dumping of PK? He's hitting the ball, someone might give us something for him.

I just can't believe that the highest payroll in the history of the White Sox has led to the worst team in baseball. It's astounding.

Who's the top amateur in next year's draft? Any chance we can get a Strasburg type? Sigh...sad that I am thinking about this on May 4th..

Daver
05-04-2011, 07:21 PM
You might be worth a popcorn vendor to be named later.

russ99
05-04-2011, 07:36 PM
Nobody.

June 1st is too early for contenders to go shopping, and one month of even good performance isn't enough for the Sox to get even close to good value for players they want to trade.

By July 31st, look at the top paid players: Peavy(can refuse a trade to 14 teams), Buehrle(10/5 rights), Rios(.5M annual escalator if traded), Konerko(10/5 rights), Dunn, Jackson, Pierre(limited NTC).

The only players with real value in prospects (Danks, Beckham) are ones the Sox should hold onto to cushion reloading for the future.

Lip Man 1
05-04-2011, 07:38 PM
No one...talk to me come July.

Lip

LITTLE NELL
05-04-2011, 07:39 PM
Nobody.

June 1st is too early for contenders to go shopping, and one month of even good performance is enough for the Sox to get even close to good value for players they want to trade.

The only players with real value (Danks, Beckham) are ones the Sox should hold onto to cushion reloading for the future.

Beckham value? Chris Getz has more value.

CHISOXFAN13
05-04-2011, 07:41 PM
Who in their right mind would trade for Juan Pierre?

russ99
05-04-2011, 07:41 PM
Beckham value? Chris Getz has more value.

More than Konerko if you want a return other than salary relief.

Daver
05-04-2011, 07:42 PM

Does he do yardwork?

russ99
05-04-2011, 07:45 PM

Love how 25 guys are underperforming on this club, yet Pierre is singled out.

He's a FA, has partial year of $5M salary and would be a good pickup for a NL club, or an AL club without speed (like the Sox)

KMcMahon817
05-04-2011, 08:49 PM
Wait a month or two. As bad as the SOX have been, their AL Central contenders have been only a little bit better. Unless you're a believer in the Indians. :?:

With that said, they need to collectively pull their heads out of eachothers asses starting Friday.

Noneck
05-04-2011, 08:55 PM
There is no market till July.

NLaloosh
05-04-2011, 10:39 PM
I say TCQ is gone by then. Maybe Buehrle, Pierre - anyone else on a short time contract? I know we're stuck with Peavy, Rios & Dunn.

Will JR order the dumping of PK? He's hitting the ball, someone might give us something for him.

I just can't believe that the highest payroll in the history of the White Sox has led to the worst team in baseball. It's astounding.

Who's the top amateur in next year's draft? Any chance we can get a Strasburg type? Sigh...sad that I am thinking about this on May 4th..

Yeah, good point. Maybe the Sox can turn this around with their first round pick.

Tragg
05-04-2011, 10:40 PM
Kenny Williams.
At least he did, with Ozzie as manager.

Brian26
05-04-2011, 10:54 PM
Nobody.

Correct.

A. Cavatica
05-04-2011, 10:55 PM
Does he do yardwork?

I would put him in charge of the cash box. You know he won't steal.

tstrike2000
05-04-2011, 11:04 PM
Maybe Ozzie for a Magic 8-Ball.

kaufsox
05-05-2011, 11:36 AM
Love how 25 guys are underperforming on this club, yet Pierre is singled out.

He's a FA, has partial year of $5M salary and would be a good pickup for a NL club, or an AL club without speed (like the Sox)

Juan's speed may be gone. I don't know if anyone wants his terrible SB/CS ratio and low OBP and lousy fielding this year.

CWSpalehoseCWS
05-05-2011, 11:52 AM
I think this team has a greater chance for guys to be sent down (Sale, Beckham, and Morel) than someone getting moved. I don't see anyone getting moved until a little closer to the deadline. But I'd say Danks is almost as good as gone. Quentin could get moved too, but it's not like Viciedo is tearing the cover off the ball either and could easily replace him, so maybe the Sox hang onto him, move him in the offseason? Pierre is more of a DFA guy than trade candidate. This is horrible thinking about all this on May 5th... What happened to this team?

TheOldRoman
05-05-2011, 11:59 AM
Beckham value? Chris Getz has more value.That is extremely ridiculous. I know we are going down the "this is the worst team EVAR!!!1!" path the last few weeks, but have some perspective. Beckham is a very talented player. The same people calling him a bust and saying he needs to be sent to AA were saying that last year, before he put up a .310/.380 line in the second half of the season. A talented, young player hits horribly to start the season while in an organization which has historically over the past 8 years saw nearly every hitter slump massively to start the season? Stop the presses! He is in a bad situation with horrible coaching, that is the problem. Obviously, now would not be the time to trade Beckham and maximize his value, but he does have a great deal of value.

white sox bill
05-05-2011, 05:25 PM
We will be much improved by then. Seems like when the weather starts to turn warmer, the bats heat up. I dont think .500 ball is out of reach by July 1st.

Big Hurt so good
05-05-2011, 06:49 PM
There really isn't much to trade, which is the biggest problem of all...

Quentin can bring something back, but he's also one of the few that's been producing and we know how good he is when healthy...

Rios/Peavy/Konerko/AJ/Dunn/Pierre have contracts nobody will take...

Jackson/Buehrle are tradable, but in the final year of their contracts not sure how much teams will part with for them...

Ramirez/Beckham/Morel/Sale/Santos are the guys you at least hope to build around...

Most intriguing might be Danks/Floyd/Thornton (if he performs positively for a while)... Obviously though, any of these guys you would want to get something decent in return for... danks and thornton due to their talent, floyd due to his incredibly reasonable contract

soxinem1
05-05-2011, 08:25 PM
Wait a month or two. As bad as the SOX have been, their AL Central contenders have been only a little bit better. Unless you're a believer in the Indians. :?:

CLE may be your 2006 Detroit Tigers.

Saying that, I think if this team still has their heads in their ass in another month, Jackson is gone. Maybe some other pitching coach can 'fix him' for 15 starts to finish his drive to FA.

KMcMahon817
05-05-2011, 08:34 PM
CLE may be your 2006 Detroit Tigers.

Saying that, I think if this team still has their heads in their ass in another month, Jackson is gone. Maybe some other pitching coach can 'fix him' for 15 starts to finish his drive to FA.

That wouldn't surprise me at all. Would be a good idea because he is as good as gone after the season. Poor Edwin though.